Thread: Anyone good with Torrents and transferring them from one device and watching on another?

Default Anyone good with Torrents and transferring them from one device and watching on another?

I have a few torrents on an Android it's protected so when the download took place my IP or location couldn't be seen. I really don't want to watch these movies on a phone or a computer for that matter.

Is there anyway to transfer them from Utorrent to my T.V.?
    Tried the USB port but mine isn't compatible I think it's only good for a Mac. Any advice or links I can transfer this too, or am I staring at the computer for 2.5 hrs later?

Pangaea
    The direction of the eye, so misleading. The defection of the soul, nauseously quick. I don't question our existence. I just question our modern needs.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Nitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really nice

It all depends on the file/ s you downloaded.

I use uTorrent and RuTorrent religiously!

Few years back I used ConvertXtoDVD program to make a "DVD" of one or more movies and series episodes then watch on my DVD player.

Then I bought a new TV (not the smart type by choice) and a Blu-ray Player (smart type) now I just copy my movies and episodes on to a memory stick and watch on my Blu-ray Player.

My player as smart as it is, does not like .mkv and refuses to play them and another file type I can not fast forward or rewind goes either to the end or the beginning.

I have now put together a Home Theater PC which is connected to my TV by HDMI and "upgraded" my memory stick to an External Drive so I can take it with me when I go to the cottage or friends and family.

For the bedroom I have a smart TV that is able to connect to devices that are connected to my Network (Gateway or Router if you will) so I just "stream"

Starting with Windows 7, you can "stream" to your TV (might require a dongle of some sort) from Computers /smart phones.

If you can copy the movie/ s on to a memory stick or burn them on to a DVD-R and your DVD Player supports XVID, AVI, MP4 ... (basically play RAW formats) then you should be set.

One of my TVs accepts memory sticks or External Drives but it is the same one that can see the devices on my Network, so I seldom use the USB port on the TV!
    Likes Pangaea liked this post
    We can fool the world but never ourselves

petenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond repute
    petenyc has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuga View Post
    It all depends on the file/ s you downloaded.

I use uTorrent and RuTorrent religiously!
    Same exact way here. Keep it plugged in and can watch on anything in my house as long as it is on the network (any PC or mobile device). Only issue at times is a .mkv files. For me they work better on a USB flash drive plugged into TV.

Happens every now and then, but for the most part moves are like yours, on a USB storage drive on my network and can be accessed from any device on my network.

Sweet....

Also used the Torrent to get movies years ago and a friend at work go me back into it.
    We both have setup FTP servers on our main PC's, so we can share and swap movies and files. A little work to get it setup, but worth the effort - Only pain is getting the pass through the home router, when done properly works great. Might be overkill but also helps with work related stuff as well.

Also my Ex that I am still close with and she has access to it so she can browse the folder and pull down a movie of her choice - It's locked down tight and easy for her to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    Tried the USB port but mine isn't compatible I think it's only good for a Mac. Any advice or links I can transfer this too, or am I staring at the computer for 2.5 hrs later?Pangaea
    Sounds like USB 2? 3 speeds are much quicker and as I am not a MAC person, you may want to look into Seagate Backup Plus drives - they state "Works interchangeably on PC and Mac computers—without needing to reformat" never tried it as I don't have MAC's'.
    I have two to the 4TB drives and they are very fast connected to a USB 3 port on Windows PC's. Backwards compatible with 2 and speed is 2 as well.

Take a look as it might help your situation, good luck- Pete
    A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life - Unknown. "Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves" - Oddball / Kellys Heros.

Nitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really niceNitsuga is just really nice

Tried the USB port but mine isn't compatible I think it's only good for a Mac. Any advice or links I can transfer this too, or am I staring at the computer for 2.5 hrs later?Pangaea
    Not enough information there ^^

Most important with USB port on smart devices used with "storage" is size and/ or File System.

I rent a Kimsufi server for my on-line game hosting, seed-box and FTP server.
    To send large files I use the built-in Tracker in uTorrent, create a private Torrent and send the .torrent file. Minimal setup and only takes seconds or minutes based on torrent size!

@Nitsuga @peteny Guys you're speaking Greek to me here. I have one that says TeleSync AAC and the other is an avi in a zip file that I have to fart around with and download a password to gain access.

I have Windows 7 on my pc and a galaxy 6s phone. Where do I go from here as I am lost and haven't used torrents in yrs.

Pangaea
    Likes Nitsuga liked this post
    The direction of the eye, so misleading. The defection of the soul, nauseously quick. I don't question our existence. I just question our modern needs.

@Pangaea, TeleSync is a CAM version of a new movie and usually with not as good a quality. TeleSync means the audio was recorded using "the jack for hard of hearing people". AAC is just the Audio format, so with that one, we don't know what the movie format is (.avi .mp4 ....)

The other .avi should be playable on your smart devices which brings us to the next question:

What is the make and model of your TV and Blu-Ray/ DVD player?
    Do you have an XBOX, PS3 an Android box or a like?

The TeleSync one might be old and a better copy available if you downloaded it a long time ago
    The password for the .avi was most probably somewhere on the page you downloaded from or in one of the files you downloaded (.nfo, readme.txt ....)

The fact you downloaded a torrent using your cell phone means you know more than an average Joe.

You can try and format a USB stick to it's default file system and copy the movie file on to it then connect it to a TV, DVD player, XBOX or what have you.
    If your computer is a Notebook, you can see if it has an HDMI port or not. Most TVs have the older type VGA as a PC input that could be used as well but you will have to use a 3.5mm male to male audio cable for audio on top of the VGA male to male.

Lets hope one of your "smart devices" will allow you to watch your movies.
    If you do this often, we need to set you up once and for all after we learn about your TV, players and the rest.

EDIT:

Forgot to add info on your cell phone:
    I found this doing a quick search, there are other methods.

My TV already has one HDMI MHL port MHL = Mobile High-Definition Link

Last edited by Nitsuga; 01-09-2018 at 01:41 PM.

petenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond reputepetenyc has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuga View Post
    If your computer is a Notebook, you can see if it has an HDMI port or not.
    Great write up and simple to understand.

I have a 25 ft HDMI cable plugged my flat screen 99% of time it stays rolled up and tucked away behind my wall unit. When I need to connect to my laptop and can use as a second monitor, also watch moves off it (no issues with sound). Cable off Amazon for $12 and even with the cheap price it is great quality.

Again - great write up - Pete
    Likes Nitsuga, Pangaea liked this post
    A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life - Unknown. "Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves" - Oddball / Kellys Heros.

@Nitsuga @peteny Alright guys, I'm gonna read this a few more times and I'll eventually figure it out. The TV is Samsung has 8 HDMI ports one I use for my Roku, another for the blue ray. They are both maybe 6 yrs old, the TV and blu-ray. Only Android device is my phone, I have a Vizio TV from 2-3 yrs ago in my room that I might have better luck with.

Im sure you'll be seeing me post again. I havent used torrents for like 10 yrs, when Kazaa.was still around and when I Napster it just after a Metallica show, downloaded 30 seconds of a song, and of course I was banned.

Pangaea

I know a few things about tech but not nearly enough, thankfully I get by
    Likes petenyc, Nitsuga liked this post

Sorry @Pangaea, I missed the clue in your earlier post about "I know a few things about tech but not nearly enough, thankfully I get by".

You are not alone and once you figure it out, you are going to laugh how simple it is; This in itself shows high level of intelligence to approach things with caution till understood.

Your Roku is actually an "Android" box" depending on it's age (newer ones use Android as Operating System and older types, Linux), either way, If it has a USB port, it could be used to play Audio, Video and even Pictures.

Not sure if your TVs and Blu-Ray have USB ports. Without the model number, we cannot check the specification to know if they do and if they do, whether they are capable of or support playing Video files.

If you find USB ports on either one of your devices, let us know to provide general instructions accessing the "player". TVs are somewhat easier since you just change the Input to USB if there are no built in applications (Samsung calls theirs "Smart Hub").

Let us know and good luck.

@Nitsuga @peteny thanks for going into so much detail with this. They both have USB ports, I'm wondering should I just transfer them to my hard drive and burn them onto DVD, my blu ray supports DVD. This all a tad much right now, and I'm shot. The Roku are sticks, one is last years model, the other is the newest one. When I've gotten a few hrs i will tinker around and see what I can do. Thank you again guys.

Pangaea

@Nitsuga Alright guys, I'm gonna read this a few more times and I'll eventually figure it out. Downloaded 30 seconds of a song, and of course I was banned.

Pangaea

I know a few things about tech but not nearly enough, thankfully I get by
    Trust us it's not that hard to do - suggestion for a certain issue you touched on - look into VPN clients for the PC you use or are going to use. It serves many purposes and will and be a benefit to that and other websites to maintain a level of anonymity.

I use one on my PC for many reasons and that's just one of them - google it.

@Nitsuga @peteny thanks for going into so much detail with this. They both have USB ports, I'm wondering should I just transfer them to my hard drive and burn them onto DVD, my blu ray supports DVD. This all a tad much right now, and I'm shot. The Roku are sticks, one is last years model, the other is the newest one. When I've gotten a few hrs i will tinker around and see what I can do. Thank you again guys.

Pangaea
    Sure you can burn it on to a DVD-R but I would try a USB stick first.

This way, you will not loose a DVD-R if your player does not support the file you have and you can always add or remove files from USB.

If DVD is easier, look for "ConvertXtoDVD" torrent, all you do is drag your video to ConvertXtoDVD open window and you end up with a DVD that is going to play for sure.
    ConvertXtoDVD is able to use many video formats and create a DVD with menu, subtitle and what have you.
    Likes petenyc liked this post

If you have Plex on your smart TV or if you have a Roku you can do it through the plex server, its a great layout. But if you want to be simple about it and have a Roku you can play it from a flash drive.
    Likes petenyc liked this post

I know this is a very old post. Just trying to set up Roku wireless through htmi. To be honest technology is a challenge for myself and my husband. Any assistance or suggestions will be appreciated. We are at the point of it is plugged in and a blue light was flashing, but no reception. I am 99% sure this is user error.

Apparently I should be able to use the iPhone and link /watch it through the tv as well.

So far saying this is an EPIC FAIL is a bit of an understatement. We have arrived at the point of “leave it”, way to complicated. I am sure we will try again shortly.
    Last edited by DW4210; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:58 PM.

I've been "torrenting" for years. To soothe my paranoia about anyone coming round my door, I took these steps:

* Got myself some bitcoins. Mind you, this was a long while ago, when the BC trajectory was pretty much only ever up, so the risk was low. Although not my intent, I made a tidy sum on that one and only BC transaction.

* Purchased cloud server resources with BC. One time purchase for perpetual shared resources. Paying (back then) with BC obviated the need to provide identification.

* Created a Linux rTorrent box on the cloud server.

* Access the cloud Linux box using an end-to-end VPN from my home computer.

* Instruct the Linux box to acquire what I'm interested in. For purposes of this discussion: lotsa movies. It is using the public IP address associated with it and the cloud server provider. It is not associated with me in any traceable way (at least without huge effort). If the IP gets flagged, I can trash the server and build another one with a new IP. If it all goes away I'm out a few (a very few) bucks. But I've had this set-up for years so I've gotten my money's worth.

* Have the rTorrent server close down when it acquires the target movie so that my IP footprint is small. Resist "seeding" because folks who do that are targeted.

* VPN into my cloud server when I want and retrieve the movies.

* Serve the movies from my home computer to my video stuff. For this I mostly use an old Western Digital WD TV Live Plus that can play anything, stream the file via WiFi from my computer, or stream from its own attached HD.

Haven't had cable in a dozen years...
    Likes Gullible liked this post

17. Anyone good with Torrents and transferring them from one device and watching on another?