Thread: Anyone do VR gaming?

bamorris will become famous soon enoughbamorris will become famous soon enough

Default Anyone do VR gaming?

I want to play and buy a system, I am thinking 2k gets me in with a scalable system. Tell me VR/gamers! Thanks
    Likes M77 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by bamorris View Post
    I want to play and buy a system, I am thinking 2k gets me in with a scalable system. Tell me VR/gamers! Thanks
    @bamorris
    I had the Samsung VR headset, but I honestly wasn’t impressed. I ended up putting it back in its box, and stopped using it. There is clearly much better stuff available now, but my best advice is save the $2,000 for another year. All the big guys are refining their next gen stuff, and the new stuff will be unlike anything out now. Of course this is always the case with tech, but I would hang in there a little bit. Nothing worse than early adopter buyer’s remorse. Good luck, and if you do grab something, let us know your thoughts!
    Likes Blackbird123, bamorris liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

See this excerpt from a Bloomberg LP article on Apple’s efforts to build a satellite network to beam internet directly to iPhones:

As Bloomberg has previously reported, Apple also is working on a virtual reality headset to debut as early as 2021, augmented reality glasses for launch after that, MicroLED screens for future devices, new home products, self-driving car technology and a future Apple Watch that can analyze a user’s blood chemistry to determine glucose levels. Apple is also expanding its in-house chip development, seeking to replace Intel Corp. as its Mac processor maker, and Intel and Qualcomm Inc. as the providers of its modem component for phones.
    Likes bamorris liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

You know that is some good advice. I have been an early adopter on so many electronics. The VR thing is intriguing but...I will just play my xbox and carry on

I am very much leveraged into the Apple eco system both work and home. It may just behoove me to wait for Apple. It then most likely allow me to integrate and share with existing devises. Imaging being able to do VR within APPLE 4k tv, obviously would need a platform to support and the device. Thx for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by bamorris View Post
    I am very much leveraged into the Apple eco system both work and home. It may just behoove me to wait for Apple. It then most likely allow me to integrate and share with existing devises. Imaging being able to do VR within APPLE 4k tv, obviously would need a platform to support and the device. Thx for sharing!
    The Apple 4K Codec was slow to market, and behind everyone else, because their stuff was so good, the studios were very worried about the DRM. On an all Apple platform, you could only run 4K to a monitor by running Windows Edge through Parallels, or Boot Camp. This was all on purpose, because it would have been too easy to capture the 4K content. Obviously, with Apple TV 4K, the DRM is in place, and it is as good as it gets. You are absolutely right, their AR will integrate right into their MacBook Pro’s, Mac Pro’s, iMac’s, etc.

I have used an Oculus in the past. The first time I put it on it was one of those OMG moments, like I was seeing the future. That being said, I don't use it much at all any more. I think there are still some things that need to be sorted out and it's lacking that killer app/game but I do think there is a future. Although, I think AR might end up being a bigger thing than VR.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.