• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Are Ace Inhibitors a dangerous Medicine over time

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjpetty04

Im 36 and my doctor put me on an Ace Inhibitor called Lotensin @ 20 mg once a day. This is the first medicine I've ever been prescribed and wanted to know what it could do to me over time and if its benefits out weigh the risks if any. thanks

Oh Pish Tosh

I can't answer what the medication will do to you over time, but I can tell you what hypertension (high blood pressure) will do to you if untreated. There is a reason it is called the silent killer. If you do not take the med and lower your b/p, you will tax your heart and your kidneys and you will be in a lot of trouble down the road with dialysis when your kidneys fail. The benefits out weigh the risks.

tinmuning

Staff member
Lotensin side effects were generally mild and transient--usually headaches & cough, and there was no relation between side effects and age, duration of therapy, or total dosage within the range of 2 to 80 mg.

When doctors prescribe particular drug, it is presumed that the benefits of the drug outweighs its risk--provided that follow-up check-ups and careful following of prescription would be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks