• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Benzos, namely clonazepam staying in urine for +14 days??

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Little Alex

Distinguished member
I went to the doctor fifteen to twenty days post taking 4mg of clonazepam . I was using it once a week or so, so there were never high levels.
I don't even have any more at this point and never thought I'd be detected at two weeks post taking one or two doses.

Google links to sources that say " ya it can stay in urine for 15 days but I think that refers to someone who takes moderate doses daily, which I never did... never dared to do.

I made an appt. specifically knowing I had a UA , making a complete ass out of myself. As I cannot move forward in treatment till I get this resolved, They sent it off to the lab, but I have no idea what to expect. anyone with experience or input ? Now I gotta go back in some months and retest. I don't have a benzo habit, was playing around. So this is weird.

pinkflower

Eminent member
Do you mean they found some in your urine test @Little Alex? Sorry, not quite sure what you mean in your last paragraph. I should imagine the amount after that time would just be a trace amount but I guess you didn't want it showing up at all.

I found this from americanaddictioncentredotorg:

'' Due to its long half-life of 20-50 hours, clonazepam stays in the body for a longer time than other drugs with relatively shorter half-lives. ''

Well, we all kind of knew that.

But it also says this:

''The following are some general timeframes for how long Klonopin will show up on different types of tests based on case studies.

It is important to note that Klonopin may not show up on common urine tests. The test may be able to show that the drug is present, but it may not be able to determine the amount.

• In one study, traces of clonazepam’s major metabolite 7-aminoclonazepam were detectable on a urine test for up to 3 weeks after a single 3mg dose, and one of the participants in the study tested positive 28 days after the last dose. However, the Mayo Clinic states that long-acting benzodiazepines such as clonazepam may be detected in the urine for up to 30 days.
  • In one study, 7-aminoclonazepam was detectable in the hair of 6 out of 10 participants after they took a single 3mg dose. In 2 participants, it was detectable for 28 days. In 2 participants, it was detectable on the 21st day, and in 2 participants, it was detectable on the 28th day.8
  • Saliva tests have a detection window of up to 5 and 6 days following last use.
''Also, it says so many factors can affect the result of a test..,.age, gender, health, PH of urine, urine concentration, when the last dose was taken, amount taken and frequency of use.''

I think you can be pretty confident that when you go back after ''some months'' to retest though, they won't find anything, surely!

This is going off on a bit of a tangent but what I don't understand about half-lives of drugs, is how the drug can EVER leave your system. Half of it leaves after a certain time and I guess half of what is remaining leaves after a certain time until, supposedly, none of the drug remains in your body, But how can that be? Wouldn't it just sort of stretch into infinity and never actually leave completely, even if you're left with a homeopathic dose (lol). It's just something that has always puzzled me, ie bugged the OCD side of me! :rolleyes::)

Last edited:

caramelt

This is going off on a bit of a tangent but what I don't understand about half-lives of drugs, is how the drug can EVER leave your system. Half of it leaves after a certain time and I guess half of what is remaining leaves after a certain time until, supposedly, none of the drug remains in your body, But how can that be? Wouldn't it just sort of stretch into infinity and never actually leave completely, even if you're left with a homeopathic dose (lol). It's just something that has always puzzled me, ie bugged the OCD side of me! :rolleyes::)

At some point there's got to be just a single molecule left in us, right? And then our bodies will expel that one molecule. Interesting to think about how long that takes, and how many molecules are needed for detection. :thinking:

Eyriz

Honorable member

At some point there's got to be just a single molecule left in us, right? And then our bodies will expel that one molecule. Interesting to think about how long that takes, and how many molecules are needed for detection. :thinking:
The universe or life is made up of fractal patterns, so there is no such thing as a single molecule. The fractal will just keep getting smaller and smaller. At some point it will become undetectable by our current technology but it will never leave your body completely. The next best analogy I can give is of a scar. If the scar is deep, it will eventually heal but it will still be visibleScreenshot_2022-11-23-17-45-03-372.jpg

Last edited:

Eyriz

Honorable member
Do you mean they found some in your urine test @Little Alex? Sorry, not quite sure what you mean in your last paragraph. I should imagine the amount after that time would just be a trace amount but I guess you didn't want it showing up at all.

I found this from americanaddictioncentredotorg:

'' Due to its long half-life of 20-50 hours, clonazepam stays in the body for a longer time than other drugs with relatively shorter half-lives. ''

Well, we all kind of knew that.

But it also says this:

''The following are some general timeframes for how long Klonopin will show up on different types of tests based on case studies.

It is important to note that Klonopin may not show up on common urine tests. The test may be able to show that the drug is present, but it may not be able to determine the amount.

• In one study, traces of clonazepam’s major metabolite 7-aminoclonazepam were detectable on a urine test for up to 3 weeks after a single 3mg dose, and one of the participants in the study tested positive 28 days after the last dose. However, the Mayo Clinic states that long-acting benzodiazepines such as clonazepam may be detected in the urine for up to 30 days.
  • In one study, 7-aminoclonazepam was detectable in the hair of 6 out of 10 participants after they took a single 3mg dose. In 2 participants, it was detectable for 28 days. In 2 participants, it was detectable on the 21st day, and in 2 participants, it was detectable on the 28th day.8
  • Saliva tests have a detection window of up to 5 and 6 days following last use.
''Also, it says so many factors can affect the result of a test..,.age, gender, health, PH of urine, urine concentration, when the last dose was taken, amount taken and frequency of use.''

I think you can be pretty confident that when you go back after ''some months'' to retest though, they won't find anything, surely!

It's what 40 years living smack bang in the middle of crop circles central taught meScreenshot_2022-11-23-17-46-01-952.jpg

Eyriz

Honorable member

@pinkflower it's because you're right and also why they talk in terms of half-life. A fractal pattern multiplies itself larger larger into smaller and smaller versions of itself.
It's kind of the same as holograms. Years ago, some scientists dropped a glass holographic plate, which shattered into hundreds of pieces. They found that _every_ single piece of the plate showed a smaller version of the whole plate. I can't remember what the hologram design was but if it was a butterfly, every piece of the broken plate showed a smaller, complete image of the butterfly.

pinkflower

Eminent member
Wow @Eyriz. You are an enigma, that's for sure! My brain is hurting now! Fascinating stuff, even though I don't understand it, lol.

What you posted did make me think of crop circles.

poohluv

Lapsed Senior Member
thats and ungodly time for a benzo to stay in your system - I much prefer smaller half lives and those little footballs will clear you for a UA in no time

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks