Best Thermometer

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

ck197

I am trying to find a reliable no-touch forehead thermometer. I bought one but I don’t think it is accurate. Four people had the exact same temperature.🙄 Does anyone have a good one that they could recommend? Thanks.

SCED

I received the one I ordered from Amazon (see screen cap below).
My wife and I have tested it on our foreheads and ears with great results. Actually matched it to the results on an oral thermometer.
$29.99 and $3 off if you click coupon. If you don’t have Amazon Prime, be sure to add something (It needs 2 Triple A batteries) to get the price over $35 so there won’t be a shipping charge. Still have to pay sales tax.
Hope this helps
Ed
I am trying to find a reliable no-touch forehead thermometer. I bought one but I don’t think it is accurate. Four people had the exact same temperature.🙄 Does anyone have a good one that they could recommend? Thanks.

1605749967564.png1605749967564.png

teresita

Exalted member
I just don't think the forehead thermometers are accurate. I work in a hospital and have been detained a few times because my temp read 93.1 then 93.9 and they finally let me go to work when it reached 94. 5. I do normally have a lower than the 98.6 usually ranging 95.5-96.5
They told me anything above 99.5 or lower than 94.5 required permission from administration to report for duty.
We have a digital under the tongue or armpit one that seems very reliable, but they're not for public screening

ck197

I received the one I ordered from Amazon (see screen cap below).
My wife and I have tested it on our foreheads and ears with great results. Actually matched it to the results on an oral thermometer.
$29.99 and $3 off if you click coupon. If you don’t have Amazon Prime, be sure to add something (It needs 2 Triple A batteries) to get the price over $35 so there won’t be a shipping charge. Still have to pay sales tax.
Hope this helps
Ed

View attachment 52054View attachment 52054
Thanks so much! I will go ahead and try this.

SCED

I just don't think the forehead thermometers are accurate. I work in a hospital and have been detained a few times because my temp read 93.1 then 93.9 and they finally let me go to work when it reached 94. 5. I do normally have a lower than the 98.6 usually ranging 95.5-96.5
They told me anything above 99.5 or lower than 94.5 required permission from administration to report for duty.
We have a digital under the tongue or armpit one that seems very reliable, but they're not for public screening
I had a similar concern which is why we did an oral thermometer comparison. This unit measures both people and objects. So if you use it and the numbers seem low (like 88 degrees) because like me you didn’t bother to read the instructions 🤣, just check to make sure you see an outline of a person not a house.

Stay safe everyone!
Ed

Kenjamin

Lapsed Senior Member
At work we have a Flir that we use, that has a memory card in it to record people temperatures, in case we have to go back to that data at a future time.
It's kind of pricey, but it is pretty dead on accurate. We have cross referenced it with under the tongue thermometer and it was within 1 degree.
Not sure if that helps, but? :)

SCED

At work we have a Flir that we use, that has a memory card in it to record people temperatures, in case we have to go back to that data at a future time.
It's kind of pricey, but it is pretty dead on accurate. We have cross referenced it with under the tongue thermometer and it was within 1 degree.
Not sure if that helps, but? :)
It’s VERY good to know because more likely than not, your company is measuring many more people than the average consumer will need. I visit a dentist frequently as I prepare for implants, and I have seen the unit you reference used on me. But I think they are tracking to see if my temp goes up and it’s really never the same even if taken twice within a few minutes. My son went and got a flu shot at a CVS and they took his temperature and it was 101 degrees. There was immediate panic - was he infected? The pharmacist told him to take off his baseball cap and sit down for a few minutes - he was rushing around and needed to get this done. So they let him relax for 5 minutes and retook his temp. This time it was 99. A big sigh of relief went across the store. I would think that it would be the kind of situation that would require a record of his results and justify the cost. So far we’ve used the one I recommended with excellent results. Just keep in mind that a false positive is possible regardless of the unit which is why taking a temp should be done more than once.
Peace!
Ed

Shock

We have always used (well the past 10 years) a model that you put on your temple right next to your ear and have found it to be reliable. I’ve tested it against your standard under the tongue model and got the same reading. Not very familiar with a a straight to the forehead model. I’ll check the be\rand and model and share it shortly.