• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Bitcoin is still so dang confusing to me...

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Musing

Honorable member
I had a very hard time understand how to use btc at at the beginning but some kind folks helped me. Like most peeps, I started with coinbase, but started to read not to send from coinbase. Went through a couple more wallets - can't remember why they didn't work out so well, but I've been using cashapp for quite a while now and buy and spend with it. I have decided that it is not a good idea to try to invest as well as use it for these kinds of things as I don't want to draw any attention to the wallet due to all the spending. Kind of a bummer, but I believe the smart thing to do.

For a while I had troubles with cashapp as they didn't' have a "receipt" page; you had to go to the explorer which was way above my pay and pain grade. I lost money due to that. :( They now have a receipt page you can send along if needed : )

Holddadoor

This whole topic makes me nervous. It sounds so complicated. I am pretty tech savvy but I don't want to lose money by transferring to a wallet. Is there any services that are just 1 step?

BenzoGuy1234

If anyone needs any advice regarding btc/crypto for purchases feel free to ask in this thread or shoot me a PM :) I will try to assist those who have concerns. It is really simple once you get over the mental hurdle of "oh man I have to deal with this weird internet money"

Holddadoor

@BenzoGuy1234 I will need help when the time comes. I started to search for how to use it, but it is really hard. I was looking at Cashapp to purchase the Bitcoins, but I am lost when they start talking about "Offline" wallets and IDK if you get to take the money out right away or you have to leave it in there. I am pretty tech savvy and actually work in IT, so this make me feel like I am full retard LOL.

BenzoGuy1234

@Holddadoor It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Using cashapp to purchase is a fine place to start. Then you'll just have to move it to either an exchange or a few different wallets (to break the KYC and make it anonymous).

A lot of places are switching over to Monero only (the one true privacy coin that can't be tracked)

Holddadoor

@BenzoGuy1234 I just watched a Youtube video on Monero. Seems like it is geared toward hiding transaction which I find funny. Are you personally using Monero? Can you buy BC with Monero? I am downloading and installing it on my computer. Would this be something that a NooB could figure out?

You should make a step by step of your process on this thread or start a new one. I am sure everyone who is new to this will find beneficial. Once I figure out how to do it, I will probably make a Youtube video on how to do it so that people like me will know what to do :)

I am confused by BC. It is like it is geared toward money laundering and hiding transaction from the government, which I don't mind at all, but from someone who has never used it sounds like it is illegal if you know what I mean

Msdooley510$

@tvo14 Lucky you. Wish I understood it all. My sister knew someone who got in in the begining and is now set for life. Well nothing for nothing as they say. Good luck to everyone. Im new here 1st post 59 more to go.

Holddadoor

@Msdooley510$ Don't forget about hitting your 30 day mark as well! Welcome to the forums. I am a returning member after being absent for 10 years. You also need reputation points

Remember to smash that LIKE button LOL

BenzoGuy1234

@Holddadoor I'm assuming you mean Bitcoin when you say BC? Most people refer to it as BTC just so you know :)

I personally do not use monero, but i am familiar with the process of using it. I should be able to find some good tutorials and primers to make things easier for those who aren't into crypto.

Yes it does embrace the whole "hide from government" narrative, but it can also be used by people who just want privacy.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks