• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features
  • December 15, 2020: There are some great new forum features to explore here and here.

BRUTE FORCE!

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

pinkflower

Eminent member
@Admin I have twice now within about three days not been able to log in. I get this message:

" This request was denied by Brute Force login protection because of repeated failed login attempts."

But I definitely hadn't had any failed log in attempts! I had logged in quite a lot the first day before I got the message that evening but they were all successful. I did have a few failed log in attempts after I got that message though, lol, because I kept trying to log in but that message kept coming up. I gave up, went to bed and the next morning was able to log in again.

Last night, however, I got the same message again. And again, I had had no FAILED log in attempts. I went to bed, thinking I would be able to log in this morning. I tried about 7am but couldn't. I could see in the open part of the forum a post directed at me that I was itching to respond to so this time it was very frustrating not being able to log in.

After about two or so hours, I turned my modem off and on and cleared my cookies (why does that always sound like a euphemism, lol) and that seemed to work this time, although it didn't the other night.

Just a glitch I guess but I wonder if others are having the same problem?

Oh and I tried to use the contact form on the site to send a message about it but it would let me write a certain amount and then disappear and revert back to the forum main page. So weird and frustrating. I then found another contact form and was able to fill it out but it wouldn't send it.

Doc Rogue

Distinguished member
Bummer! @pinkflower
I haven’t seen or had that trouble myself, but hopefully they can help you figure it out. I’m sure that’s frustrating not to be able to log in when you want. 🙁
Only thing I can think of would be to try logging in to PR with a different Internet provider. Like if you’re using Micrs0fts system, maybe try g00gle chr0me?
Best of luck figuring it out!

Seychelle

Distinguished member
Bounce back between Chr0mebook and linux box. Also must occasionally yank the the modem cable.
Not sure

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have twice now within about three days not been able to log in. I get this message:

" This request was denied by Brute Force login protection because of repeated failed login attempts."

But I definitely hadn't had any failed log in attempts!

This is a very unusual problem. Someone with the same IP address as you had tried to log in multiple times. This was most probably from another computer in your home. Please make sure your password is very strong and not a password you have used at other websites. It sounds as if, by resetting your modem, you got a different IP address and were able to log in afterwards as a result.

pinkflower

Eminent member
Thanks @Admin :)

Well, that is even more puzzling then if it was the same IP address because it's only Mum and I who live here and Mum wouldn't know how to turn a computer on! There's only one computer here that's used and I'm the only one who uses it. I had logged in a lot before the message came up but they were all successful log ins. After the message I tried to log in a few times, unsuccessfully.

I shall check my password and probably change it, but it was definitely nobody in this house trying (and failing) to log in to my account.

I haven't had any problems logging in since I wrote that post though which is good.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
it was definitely nobody in this house trying (and failing) to log in to my account.

I haven't had any problems logging in since I wrote that post though which is good.

OK, in that case I'm not sure what happened there. Glad it was a temporary problem though. Yes I recommend making your password very secure.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks