• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Buprenorphine test question??

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Vincentm4990

Okay so I recently had a drug test for a new job. At the time I had not been taking anything and was on no medications for over a year. I was prescribed and a patient of suboxone for 3 years, but as I said no use for a year. I took my UA as directed with no worries. Test comes back positive for buprenorphine. Sid some digging most sites say 6 days is the very longest it will be detected for a normal person. Up to 10 if you have liver failure, I'm young, fit active, and healthy so I don't fall into that category. I dont understand how I came back positive after an entire year, I think they got my cup switched up. In your experience how long does buprenorphine appear positive in your drug screen? Thanks in advance!

ScaredKat

If that’s the case I would demand a re test, something doesn’t seem right there because I’ve never heard suboxone taking anywhere near that to be out of your system. Unless your testing thru USADA lol. My experience is about a week and as long as I’m watered down there’s never been an issue. I’m gonna do some digging on this because that’s extremely long to still be hitting the positive.

dmp336

Lapsed Senior Member
Your positive has to be a mistake, because after a year there is no way even metabolites would be in your system. The only thing I can think of is maybe u reused the pill bottle and it had dust in it from the suboxone? Lol I’m just grasping at straws. I’m pretty sure even people with very slow metabolism can pass a urine test in 5-7 days, and up to 14 in saliva tests.
I honestly HATE being drug tested not because I have anything to hide but because I can’t Pee with someone watching me! Anyone else have this issue? I was able to get saliva tests in the past, but I had to go to my PCP and basically write an excuse for me like a little school kid lol. My point is, after getting both saliva and urine tests, I know as a fact that saliva tests are MORE accurate than urine tests. The urine tests are just cheaper.

wobina

Honorable member
As others have said, that's insane. Has to be a mixup. Kinda strange they are even testing for bupe. Usually they have to go out of their way to add that one to the test.

Juju62861

Lapsed Senior Member
Okay so I recently had a drug test for a new job. At the time I had not been taking anything and was on no medications for over a year. I was prescribed and a patient of suboxone for 3 years, but as I said no use for a year. I took my UA as directed with no worries. Test comes back positive for buprenorphine. Sid some digging most sites say 6 days is the very longest it will be detected for a normal person. Up to 10 if you have liver failure, I'm young, fit active, and healthy so I don't fall into that category. I dont understand how I came back positive after an entire year, I think they got my cup switched up. In your experience how long does buprenorphine appear positive in your drug screen? Thanks in advance!
That's physically not possible. My suggestion is that either you're not being forthcoming (no offense- I don't know you), or you had a false positive. Ask for a retest ORRRR ask for them to use mass spectrometry or gas chromatography (GCMS) on it...it show literally every substance possible in your system...even if they're not medically known. IF that says you are positive, then you must've used recently without knowing....

Isntiton

I agree with the others here. I would demand a retest as there is no way Bupe could still be present after a year. Hypothetically, if this were to be a hair follicle test, a 6 month period MAXIMUM would POSSIBLY show it. For me, it took 11 days from last use to rid any detection of Buprenorphine through urine and a whopping 58 days for Benzodiazepines! 😲

Name taken

Distinguished member
I agree with the others here. I would demand a retest as there is no way Bupe could still be present after a year. Hypothetically, if this were to be a hair follicle test, a 6 month period MAXIMUM would POSSIBLY show it. For me, it took 11 days from last use to rid any detection of Buprenorphine through urine and a whopping 58 days for Benzodiazepines! 😲
58 days for benzos, wow. It’s none of my business but out of curiosity may I ask if you were on a long acting one, or was there long term use? You don’t have to answer of course I am just curious.

Isntiton

@Name taken

I was taking a brand from Mexico called Farmapram that was supposed to be Xanax/Alprazolam for over 15 years daily. From what I've heard, (since I never tested exactly what kind of benzodiazepine it was) folks say there isn't real Alprozolam in them; that it was a thienodiazepine derivative called Etizolam mixed with a barbiturate called Seconal. Whether that is true or not, they tasted like Alprazolam to me, were short-intermediate acting and most definitely were effective. My tolerance though, built to a point where I eventually was taking an absurd amount by the time I decided to take a break and explore other avenues of treating my debilitating anxiety. I was also taking other benzodiazepines in lesser quantities with these Farmaprams like Klonopin, Librium and Temazepam. I think the reason why it stuck around my body for so long is because benzodiazepines store in your fat cells and since I had more of the cushion at that time 🍑 it stayed around for longer than normal. Also, If you take smaller doses it’s less likely to accumulate in your fat cells than with very high doses. My metabolic rate is quite slow too, from what Doctor's have told me which also affects its expulsion from the body. Anyway, I'm usually happy to answer these questions so no worries asking me. After all, we're here to gain knowledge and perspective from each others experiences, right? 😁

Last edited:

Name taken

Distinguished member
@Name taken

I was taking a brand from Mexico called Farmapram that was supposed to be Xanax/Alprazolam for over 15 years daily. From what I've heard, (since I never tested exactly what kind of benzodiazepine it was) folks say there isn't real Alprozolam in them; that it was a thienodiazepine derivative called Etizolam mixed with a barbiturate called Seconal. Whether that is true or not, they tasted like Alprazolam to me, were short-intermediate acting and most definitely were effective. My tolerance though, built to a point where I eventually was taking an absurd amount by the time I decided to take a break and explore other avenues of treating my debilitating anxiety. I was also taking other benzodiazepines in lesser quantities with these Farmaprams like Klonopin, Librium and Temazepam. I think the reason why it stuck around my body for so long is because benzodiazepines store in your fat cells and since I had more of the cushion at that time 🍑 it stayed around for longer than normal. Also, If you take smaller doses it’s less likely to accumulate in your fat cells than with very high doses. My metabolic rate is quite slow too, from what Doctor's have told me which also affects its expulsion from the body. Anyway, I'm usually happy to answer these questions so now worries asking me. After all, we're here to gain knowledge and perspective from each others experiences, right? 😁
Thank you for sharing your experience. I find that very helpful.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks