Buying drugs back in the day

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

ChubbyChecker

Lapsed Senior Member
I'm interested in hearing from some of the old timers round here on how they've seen things change with the OP world over the past ten to twenty years.

Back in the days of dial up internet, when hydros flowed like tic tacos and there weren't ten ways t check a tracking number. Back before Ryan started to Haight. We're there less people out there trying to scam you? Were meds cheaper? Was everything domestic?

Let us reminisce...

Lizzie Lou

Eminent member
I remember when I could get a telephone consult for hydros and they would overnight them with cod. Not sy vendors but just came from some place in the states. I think it cost around $200 for 120. This was about 13 years ago.
God I miss that because when you need them and your doctor doesn't believe you're in pain (because they can't see it) it's really hard to live your life.

ChubbyChecker

Lapsed Senior Member
@lizzielou wow! I can't even imagine that kind of deal. Probably sounded expensive back then too. Now you can expect to pay more than 3 times that amount for less tabs! Times have seriously changed

Gavin_Strick

During the ROP days I would pay around $200 for a consult (required every 3 months) then the script went as low as $60 per month for 90-120 ct (depending on the doctor) with a free consult thrown in around once a year--I won't lie, it was great. During Saran's short stint, anything could be ordered pretty much (including hydro cough syrup) and it would be sent sans any consult, and it wasn't particularly expensive either! I'm actually surprized that all that lasted as long as it did.

vor

Lapsed Senior Member
Does anyone remember Dan from Castle Drugs? Dan was a pharmacist who ran it out of his house. He too would send pretty much anything in original bottle form. Moody guy though.

HarryIrene

Renowned member
Make a couple of phone calls. Done. (Yup, talkin' on a Phone!) Just go to the Doctor. No Issues. I didn't go to the Doctor's for a couple decades. Wasn't into what I thought was Snake-Oil BS (still do) and felt fine. Didn't need them. But it's tough getting older when you are an older "Invincible" OY'

Last edited:

Kimbo

Honorable member
Dial up on Prodigy. Lol later AOL 2.5 late 90s-ish if I remember correctly.
Online consult, COD from a pharmacy in the states. An actual bottle with legit label --pharmacy info, name, etc
Never once questioned if they were real.
Cost was not outrageous, but not cheap. Slightly higher to what self pay would have been at local pharmacy.
I ordered pretty much whatever in ciii range. Didn't try anything higher so not sure if they were available.
***The next day COD is what I miss most. And not being paranoid when they showed up!!

resorts

Lapsed Senior Member
Boy do I remember those good ol' days. BUT, When the feds killed all that they thought they were doing the public "good" and protecting us from those evil Dr's. Turns out some (fortunately not myself) turned to street drugs to cure their pains and ended up worse off than the Little Lortabs they took. (Heroin etc.). I wonder if that was intentional on the government's part?!?

resorts

Lapsed Senior Member
Anyone remember "Doctors on demand"? They were really good until "The Crash"

alumni

Renowned member
Turns out some (fortunately not myself) turned to street drugs to cure their pains and ended up worse off than the Little Lortabs they took. (Heroin etc.). I wonder if that was intentional on the government's part?!?

I'd be interested to know why you think the "government" would want to intentionally increase the sale and use of drugs like heroin, etc.
I can't come up with any plausible conspiracy theory except to potentially reduce the increasing number of pill addicts by forcing them to risk overdose and death buying illegal narcotics from street dealers.
What's your theory (if you don't mind sharing)?

jannie

Honorable member
I remember getting a unopened bottle of Vicodin back in the day, don't think I even filled out a medical form for it. Came out of Florida, thought for sure I was going to get scammed, took a couple of weeks to ship and sent them a nasty email when it failed to arrive in what I thought was a timely manner, then voila! arrived shortly after.

Delta L1011

Distinguished member
Back in 1995, a softback book was published called "Better Sex Through Chemistry" by Smart Publications writers John Morgenthaler and Dan Joy.
I purchased the book in mid 1997, before one year before I used a PC, and, the book offered direct "leads" proactively, on, two, contacts, in Great
Britain, that offered GHB. I successfully received very potent GHB powder, on 4 occasions, and later, on 1 of 3 attempts in 1998, the once popular
liquid version of Sodium Oxbate, called "Alcover" sold in Austria, and Italy, and manufactured in San Remo, inside of Northern Italy. It was the real
thing. Two of my last orders got confiscated by the FDA, and on January 1, 1999, the mail order sites stopped shipping to USA citizens.

At that time in history in the USA from around the year 2000 to 2003 it became a Schedule I, (later, in 2003, changed back to a Schedule III) but the
price was 4 times higher, (Xyrem by Jazz Paramaceuticals) Many USA states enacted their own Schedule I laws in the late 1990's that discouraged,
the two dinosaur IOP's from shipping the high quality medication. I still have the 1997 price sheets, 10 grams of Sodium Oxbate for US $20.00, and
140 ml of Alcover sealed liquid bottle of GHB for US $75.00 (I savored every drop) and a larger size was available 560 ML for only $280.00.

I chose not to release the lone wolf website, that still exists, but, has not sold GHB to anyone from any country since about 2001, and only today, sell
non-controlled substances to customers of the modern industrialized world. I just found about it too late. They still even publish a informative magazine,
to customers, interested in international anti aging products, some, that are not sold in traditional pharmacies.

The rip-off is Jazz Pharmaceuticals, who has the license to sell GHB internationally, in the USA charges, Sodium Oxbate solution for US $540.00 WHOLESALE
to pharmacies in the USA for only 180 ml liquid. Source: REDBOOK Pharmacy's Fundamental Reference 113th edition, publisher PDR, Inc. USA.
only select USA Psychiatrists, or Select USA Sleep Disorder M.D's who put you through a US $1,200 test, can write a prescription for the holy grail drug.

MY experience? It felt just like taking a 10mg Ambien or 10 Mg. Stillnox, (a adequate dose) of several teaspoonfuls. Once a tablespoonful, made me a bit
more giddy, like taking, perhaps, a 5 mg Valium, except, it wears off fast, like within 2 hours. I never tried to get drunk on it, for fear of passing out, and
scaring my new wife, a Registered Nurse. Just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:

Jazie

Exalted member
Oy Vey, GHB - when I left my ex in 2002 and I was on the dating scene I went with (thankfully) a group of people to a "Meat Market Club". There was a guy who was beyond IMO good looking and he was paying attention to me, also I did see him paying attention to others, but eh, wasn't like I was taking him home I thought. He offered to buy me a drink and I was like, hell yes, (and mesmerized) first one of the night and excused myself to the restroom. Came back and started to talk to him slowly sipping my drink as he was like down it and I will get you another. At that time one of the persons I was with flew in and took my drink away from me and started hell with this guy. He left at that point, no defense, nothing. I had started after about 20 to 30 mins talking to him to feel tired and then weird, but paid no attention. My friends took me home after they intervened. Woke up the next morning not in a hangover, but a fog, found one of the guys who was with us on my couch. I was totally confused. I did not know what was he doing there? He explained. I know nothing happened with him as my BFF and her husband had just left. I was told he was there to make sure I was okay.

I came to find out I passed out prior to getting to the car and this guy had seen the bar guy slip something into other women's (plural) drinks and intervened on mine as he was with our group. A few days later that guy in the popular club I had visited was on the news for GHB and the term "date rape" as he got another woman that same night and he had been identified, charged and I don't know the outcome. Two others came forward after seeing him on the news.

I don't care what you say about GHB and how it makes you or anyone else feel. Any drug that can be used so readily on woman to take advantage of them should be C-1 or morally not used. Unless there is an extreme medical use for you such as narcolepsy, which I believe is not dispensed in powder form. I am not so uniformed that I do not know some drugs enhance sexual awareness, but not this one.

(Maybe I am wrong, but)

Nalamom14

Lapsed Senior Member
The next day COD is what I miss most. And not being paranoid when they showed up!!

Omg! Yes! Not even COD, just next day delivery period!! It was SO sweet and I didn't care about dishing out the extra $ cause you knew for sure it was gonna be at your doorstep without a doubt. Tracking was def on point back then....wel with the "F" it was and I had the same guy who new what it was (he did the same thing) and made sure I got what I was supposed to. He would even come back at the end of his deliveries if he missed me earlier in the day. Miss that let me tell ya :(

topcat

Banned
Boy do I remember those good ol' days. BUT, When the feds killed all that they thought they were doing the public "good" and protecting us from those evil Dr's. Turns out some (fortunately not myself) turned to street drugs to cure their pains and ended up worse off than the Little Lortabs they took. (Heroin etc.). I wonder if that was intentional on the government's part?!?

I can relate with your questions. But i dont think it was done on purpose its just the stupidity that seems to be the engine behind some of GOV decisions. I heard this on the news recently how regular individuals are turning to street heroin due to the Gov crackdown on Big Pharma Golden child-Oxycontin. Like when the hydro's came out with a dose of tylenol that poisoned and killed addicts and who did not die surely experienced Liver issues. Hmmm, stupidity or purpose driven,-----take your pick? sorry--off topic---

sherrer

Lapsed Senior Member
hello to all "oldtimers" like @ chubbyChecker calls us.a story at a time:
during the 70 ' there were many dr s you just had to call up ,tell them your needs
and you just had to go to the front desk lady and pick up ur RX a few hours later and if u were
ordering diff med,swhich do not go together well......well you got multiple RX .... no fuss !
@Harry Irene knows as well
@ kimbo knew his way around ,even 20 years later

bigrich22

When I started experimenting with the online pharmacy internet sites, I could fill-out a quick 5 minute online consultation and order (90) 2mg Xanax or 10mg Norcos and have them sent Fedex overnight. It was so easy and I figured it would last - I would have 90 tabs at anytime - they were more expensive - but reasonable for today, maybe $200. This was around 2001-2004. But when they started shutting it down it was over within 3-4 months and it has never been the same. At the time, I just figured it was the way of the future instead of an office visit... wish it would come back.

loveaddict

Lapsed Senior Member
In conjunction with hearing stories about the "old days", I'd like to see some research on drug use and abuse from then until now. I have a suspicion that, as the laws and regulations tightened up, drug abuse increased.

In my own experience, back 10-20 years ago, I do not recall hearing as much about drug abuse (at least in regards to prescription drugs/pain killers). I know it happened, but I think the DEA and FDA's sense of "cause and effect" is completely backwards.

The same might be said about alcohol prohibition and the changes in marijuana policy the U.S. is experiencing right now.