Can I get infected from Covid 19?

supercrazy

I used to order regularly from a vendor who ship my meds from India and Singapore. I have not ordered it from last three months. I change my mind every time I think of placing an order as i'm scared of getting infected from the parcel itself. What happens if the person packing the product is covid infected? My vendor has assured me that every time they pack a product, the products are sanitized and their facility is sanitized every 24 hours. I trust them because I am ordering from them from last 7 years and they always kept their words. I am asking this question because my condition is getting worse and I can't handle the pain anymore. Can anyone give me advice on how to go about it?

Blues

Distinguished member
I think covid19 can last up to three days, before it dies.
If you buy clothes the shop can't reship those clothes for three days, also it can live on a work surface for a few days.
You probably wont get it from food. But you never no

Marcone

That's why I sanitize all the items that I bought including food items before using them. We should really be careful with it as the virus continues to mutate and the vaccine will likely be expensive.

Bawston

Eminent member
They are finding that getting infected from items and surfaces is far less likely than from in person close contact. Covid can only last for a few days on a package which would mean that anything coming from India or Singapore would be considered safe. If you still feel uncomfortable, you could always let the package sit for a few days once you get it, then when you open it you could handle the product with a paper towel. I keep a spray bottle of bleach/water (1/5 solution) handy for just about everything.

supercrazy

That's what my concern is because scientists are still not sure how many days it can last on a surface and moreover it continues to mutate.

Thanks a lot..This is very helpful information for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tron28

Honorable member
Highly unlikely. But if you are worried, just pick the package up with gloves and don't open it for a week. Leave it outside or in your garage or someplace outside your living space. Again highly unlikely, but if it gives you anxiety just give it enough time for the virus to die before handling the package.

PaisleyDaisy

From everything I’ve read so far, I think you are safe. This virus doesn’t seem to be very strong when it is not on a person. Here is an article about that:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/can-you-get-coronavirus-from-a-package

But if you are worried about it, it seems that good old Lysol will do the trick:

https://heavy.com/news/2020/07/lysol-disinfectant-spray-covid-19-coronavirus/

That Lysol article was interesting to me. Last week, I had to visit someone in the hospital. When I was leaving, I noticed two people in the parking lot who seemed to be hospital staff — at least they were dressed like it. I noticed they had the trunk of their car open while they were removing some of their clothing like coats and shoes, And they had a can of Lysol which they were using to spray their clothes and everything else in their trunk!

I used to order regularly from a vendor who ship my meds from India and Singapore. I have not ordered it from last three months. I change my mind every time I think of placing an order as i'm scared of getting infected from the parcel itself. What happens if the person packing the product is covid infected? My vendor has assured me that every time they pack a product, the products are sanitized and their facility is sanitized every 24 hours. I trust them because I am ordering from them from last 7 years and they always kept their words. I am asking this question because my condition is getting worse and I can't handle the pain anymore. Can anyone give me advice on how to go about it?

kmontayne

Exalted member
What you can do is place your order.
When pack arrives with gloves put it somewhere, and sanitize it.
Open it, sanitize that.
And leave it for some days.. That way you have your product with you already and you know you are just letting certain things die off.

superman11

Agree with the posts here. The chance of surface transmission is remarkably low depsite the initial panic. It seems person to person and in about a 1.5 meter proximity is the most common form of transfer for this virus and most others as well