Chicago Customs - Recent Experiences?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

buzzkill

@buzzkill Mine from 5/23 just stayed at “processed through CHI”. About 2-3 weeks ago I got my 1st (and hopefully last) LL. This was my first experience going through Chi. Not a good one. :(

Sorry about that, must be a real "do-gooder" employee of the month wanna be type jerkwad over there. Or could be a couple. I HATE when an order goes through there.

ned

I'm new to ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)

I live in NYC so for many years I thought NY was a natch for my location.
Until today my pack track says Chi, wtf?
I'm a bit baffled by this.

Does East Coast stuff get sent to Chi often?

Will NYC Customs get a crack at my package too?
ned

Bella38

Honorable member
@ned I’m in pa. Mine always hits Ny and route to chi.. been there since 16th.. it’s probably seized.. anyways Chi sucks a$$!

I have been having some severe anxiety..

funkysome

Okayyyyyyy, y'all. I don't post often, but I HAD to share. GOOOOOD NEWS.
I have been in same waiting room as all of you. Stuff in OPPS or Inbound since May, June, early July...and so on.
THINGS ARE MOVING! Holy Corona Batman! I have received 2 that came straight from Inbound to my mailbox with zero scans along the way until the morning of delivery day, at which time they all showed up at once. All of these years when people would talk about not having scans, scans being skipped that was never my experience. Fortunately. Until after March 13th.

Be patient. It's happening. The two that were delivered today I thought were lost for sure. BELIEVE IN THE MAGIC! IT WILL HAPPEN! :cool:

buzzkill

Okayyyyyyy, y'all. I don't post often, but I HAD to share. GOOOOOD NEWS.
I have been in same waiting room as all of you. Stuff in OPPS or Inbound since May, June, early July...and so on.
THINGS ARE MOVING! Holy Corona Batman! I have received 2 that came straight from Inbound to my mailbox with zero scans along the way until the morning of delivery day, at which time they all showed up at once. All of these years when people would talk about not having scans, scans being skipped that was never my experience. Fortunately. Until after March 13th.

Be patient. It's happening. The two that were delivered today I thought were lost for sure. BELIEVE IN THE MAGIC! IT WILL HAPPEN! :cool:

Great news. Hard to believe people can be that bad st their job and not get fired.
Did all of yours go through the Bermuda triangle of chi?

- - - Updated - - -

@ned I’m in pa. Mine always hits Ny and route to chi.. been there since 16th.. it’s probably seized.. anyways Chi sucks a$$!

I have been having some severe anxiety..

I really hope you get your order!!
Don't give up hope, you still have a good chance.

Brianna9

Eminent member
Great news but I’ll believe it when I see it, I’ve gotten zero packs, nada, zilch. Frustrating yes, it sucks balls but I have hope as others are starting to receive.

buzzkill

Great news but I’ll believe it when I see it, I’ve gotten zero packs, nada, zilch. Frustrating yes, it sucks balls but I have hope as others are starting to receive.

I know it's frustrating. Try to hang in there. Dumb question, but have you signed up for the email and/or text alerts from po? Sometimes that'll shake things loose.

Raspberry

Eminent member
I lost my tracking number from Chi.. I knew it was out of the regional center over 2 weeks ago. I must have deleted it and trashed it. Since I can't find the original tracking number I can no longer track the progress of it sitting in one place.

buzzkill

I lost my tracking number from Chi.. I knew it was out of the regional center over 2 weeks ago. I must have deleted it and trashed it. Since I can't find the original tracking number I can no longer track the progress of it sitting in one place.

Lol I've done that as well. One of the track sites you use should still have it. Once you click in the blank it'll bring up all the recent numbers you entered. At least it does with my phone.

Bella38

Honorable member
Oh I bet peeps are on vacation or have COVID at the POEs and truck drivers are sick. Transportation sucks and.so does tracking. You are not getting tracking because USPS is using commercial transportation and they don’t have scanning devices. They just load the truck and put a seal the truck. Don’t worry about customs scans, sometimes you get them and sometime you don’t. But overseas stuff always goes through customs And because the commercial truckers do not have scanners, you may have a wait. If your Package goes from the East Coast to the West Coast via independent truckers, could be another 3 to 5 days with commercial trucking and same arriving at the west coast.

Everything goes through customs and about 1.5% of letters are pulled for further investigation. Could be things look a little suspicious but I don’t think customs gives a rats ass because of the way they are being treated but the Federal government. That is what Mira would say. @Brianna you are correct

Oh how I miss @Mira she knew everything. RIP Mira.

@Mecha. I knew Mira for a long time .. Met her on another forum and she was always always up on the latest news and had a wealth of knowledge on just about everything in what we deal with in ordering. Definitely miss her! She was the one who told me about this forum . I was a beginner and she taught me a lot about this game.. so sad she’s gone!

Raspberry

Eminent member
Thanks @Bella38 and @buzzkill. I always erase all data possible whenever I use my phone or computer. I am kind of paranoid after being hacked. It's no big deal with this, I will just contact the vendor if I really want to know

Even though I like tracking because it's fun, I sometimes like it better when I have something that I can't track. We'll see how long that lasts!

Good luck guys and :tongueout: (I don't know what that smiley is supposed to mean with it's tongue out. I only like it because it is cute)

boatbum

Distinguished member
In may I had one that went from isc to "label created", next thing was a love letter. Sorry to post up bad news but that's what happened. Hopefully that was an anomaly.

The label created message gets activated when a parcel sees no new scans for a set period of time like 45 days. The USPS clears up space on its servers by archiving the number but postal employees still see it. If a new scan is made, tracking will restart but you wont be able to see the previous scans that are already archived.

boatbum

Distinguished member
Does it actually say "Label Created?" Mine doesn't say that. It's the same TN that originally said "processed through Chicago ISC 6/7" and then nothing until today when I got a text that said that the (same) TN was "The item is currently in transit to the destination" and "In-Transit, July 23, 2020 at 2:32 pm; Arrived at USPS Regional Facility, CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER."

I checked 17track.net and it said "In transit." Usually my letters go through LA and in all of my years of ordering (many), I have never had a LL or had it take more than 3 weeks, so this is all new to me. New vendor, new POE, new transit times, etc. Trying to make sense out of it all, but it is so confusing! :sweating:

Nice, that’s moving after 6 weeks. I think you’ll be good from here.

Raspberry

Eminent member
The label created message gets activated when a parcel sees no new scans for a set period of time like 45 days. The USPS clears up space on its servers by archiving the number but postal employees still see it. If a new scan is made, tracking will restart but you wont be able to see the previous scans that are already archived.

That was so helpful. I really appreciate how you sometimes explain the mysteries so that I (we) can factually understand what is going on.:mmm:

Thank you again!

JohnBarleyCorn

Honorable member
@Mecha. I knew Mira for a long time .. Met her on another forum and she was always always up on the latest news and had a wealth of knowledge on just about everything in what we deal with in ordering. Definitely miss her! She was the one who told me about this forum . I was a beginner and she taught me a lot about this game.. so sad she’s gone!

I met Mira And a few others on Topix lol. It was Tramgate 2012 I believe. From there a small group started a forum on Some other board that I can’t remember. Anyone remember a guy named Dreamweaver?