Chicago Customs - Recent Experiences?

Mich82

Honorable member
I had 2 packages shipped on 6/25. They both hit Chicago 7/3. One delivered 7/7, but the other is stuck. Says processed through Chicago. When I checked 17track, in the "origin" section it says handed to customs on 7/15.. Not sure what that means.... unless I'm getting ready to get my first LL..

Captain Planet

Honorable member
First time having a package go through Chicago. Cleared customs last Wednesday, and since then it just says "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility." Geee, thanks! :sleep:

Brianna9

Eminent member
I still have received nothing, nada, zilch. Mine on track17 says handed to customs that is just the language they use to say it in customs. I’m gonna give up soon, maybe they will come then

Bella38

Honorable member
Still have one setting in CHI since 16th ,, no customs scan just showing processed . So aggravating !

MMH

Eminent member
I still have received nothing, nada, zilch. Mine on track17 says handed to customs that is just the language they use to say it in customs. I’m gonna give up soon, maybe they will come then
Try the USPS app. It updates faster than 17track and gives more details.

Brianna9

Eminent member
Try the USPS app. It updates faster than 17track and gives more details.
My tracking number is non existent on usps, it went to label created after tracking for a while. I have no choice, for some reason they still update even though Usps doesnt.

yellnhollar

Honorable member
My tracking number is non existent on usps, it went to label created after tracking for a while. I have no choice, for some reason they still update even though Usps doesnt.
Mine did to! They must reuse numbers.

CherylM

Honorable member
I have a pkg arriving from the Orlando area with the same “it’s on it way but will arrive late..” message. But I will also say that my housemate also has a pkg totally unrelated to the subject matter here that has the same message. I wonder if the hurricane/storm going to the coast had anything to do with the delay ?!

1989greyfox

I have a pkg arriving from the Orlando area with the same “it’s on it way but will arrive late..” message. But I will also say that my housemate also has a pkg totally unrelated to the subject matter here that has the same message. I wonder if the hurricane/storm going to the coast had anything to do with the delay ?!
There are nationwide postal delays right now since the appointment of a new postmaster general who eliminated all overtime. That's from what I've read on news articles, I'm not an expert. Almost everything I've had coming through USPS in the last few weeks have been delayed.

Bella38

Honorable member
Just makes ya wonder how many packages they must have setting there .. To have packages setting for a month or two before shipping on I can’t imagine the amount they must have there.

What a shame!!

ned

It's been 11 days since I got: Processed Through Facility ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
What is going on? This is a record breaker for me here in NYC
Sender from Mumbai
ned