Chicago Customs - Recent Experiences?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

ck197

I definitely think packaging is a huge factor. I've dropped most of the vendors that I've ordered from if I received LLs or just don't like the way they pack their orders. Vendors I have been relying on recently keep coming up with creative ways to send packages every time I order and I get kind of a kick out of it, as well.
I don’t want to be a jerk, but you might want to delete the specific details of “stealth?” I only say this because the shipping threads are open to anyone and the least specific info, the better for us?

Again not trying to offend you or anyone else. We gotta stick together!!
Post deleted. Apologies if I frightened anyone.
not about fright. It’s about helping folks we don’t want to help. If you’ve ever had a “knock and talk” over ordering a necessary medicine, you quickly realize you don’t want to help these folks in any way...

thanks a lot for taking it out tho!!🙏
Can I ask what "knock and talk" means?
sure. It means a few folks from either/or the DEA or Homeland security actually knock on your door and “talk”to you. This visit is a (rare) result of a package seized at customs. Altho quite rare, they do happen and there’s no real rhyme or reason, altho it’s often related to the vendor being investigated, but not always.
They’re no fun snd why we should protect our info as much as possible. Lastly, you should know that actually talking to them, since you don’t have to, puts you at risk of further legal action.

Plenty of info on the internet about them sadly...
Oh wow. That is good information to know though. Even if it only happens rarely. Thank you!

ck197

Another question: Do you think that if you get the notifications from USPS (like text or e-mail) on your package that it brings more attention to it? Probably just being paranoid but I have always wondered about that.

jaders

Eminent member
Another question: Do you think that if you get the notifications from USPS (like text or e-mail) on your package that it brings more attention to it? Probably just being paranoid but I have always wondered about that.
tbh - I specifically DONT sign up for notifications for a med package, but again, having had personal interaction with these men in black, I probably fear them more than most. They have to prove that you had prior knowledge of what is being sent to you to actually prosecute, and so signing up for notices definitely would indicate prior knowledge, imho. It’s just as easy to plug in the tracking number if/when I want to check.

I believe most folks do sign up for the notices tho and it’s probably 99 percent ok. I am def paranoid....:cool:

ck197

1. Another question: Do you think that if you get the notifications from USPS (like text or e-mail) on your package that it brings more attention to it? Probably just being paranoid but I have always wondered about that.
    tbh - I specifically DONT sign up for notifications for a med package, but again, having had personal interaction with these men in black, I probably fear them more than most. They have to prove that you had prior knowledge of what is being sent to you to actually prosecute, and so signing up for notices definitely would indicate prior knowledge, imho. It’s just as easy to plug in the tracking number if/when I want to check.

I believe most folks do sign up for the notices tho and it’s probably 99 percent ok. I am def paranoid....:cool:
    That makes sense. I didn’t even think about it that way. Thanks.

ck197

HELP!!!!Got my first LL today. I’m not gonna lie, I am super worried. Do I need to be????

jaders

Eminent member
HELP!!!!Got my first LL today. I’m not gonna lie, I am super worried. Do I need to be????
you worry a lot more if you DONT get the letter, believe me. You’re gonna get a few of these if you have to order from IOP’s. It’s just a sad reality.
I wouldn’t worry unless you start to get a few in a row. I don’t know of anyone here who hasn’t gotten them. I got a few I a row so I switched some things and haven’t gotten one since.

Lastly - there’s a site that’s been linked on PR several times that shows all the POE’s and their seizures for any given day. Believe me, you’re just another pebble in the mountain.

It sure is an incredible waste of our tax dollars that they bother with this shyte. Look for bombs, weapons, threats to national security, but to seize a private citizen’s personal medicines is really unconscionable...:mad:

ck197

you worry a lot more if you DONT get the letter, believe me. You’re gonna get a few of these if you have to order from IOP’s. It’s just a sad reality.
I wouldn’t worry unless you start to get a few in a row. I don’t know if anyone here who hasn’t gotten them. I got a few I a row so I switched some things and haven’t gotten one since.

Lastly - there’s a site that’s been linked on PR several times that shows all the POE’s and their seizures for any given day. Believe me, you’re just another pebble in the mountain.

It sure is an incredible waste of our tax dollars that they bother with this shyte. Look for bombs, weapons, threats to national security, but to seize a private citizen’s personal medicines is really unconscionable...:mad:
OMG. Thank you so much. I have been ordering for a long time and never had an issue!! I feel a lot better. You’re right, it is absolutely Ridiculous that they do this!! In the current state of the country this should be the absolute last thing they are spending resources on. I hope your order still gets through🤞🏻

innatebp1

Chi customs x 4 days now.
I'm used to my letters zipping through, so I'm lightweight starting to get nervous.
The good streak comes to an end at some point, amirite?

Brianna9

Eminent member
My packs have always gone thru NY until this pandemic. I’ve never had a problem In the last 15 years until recently when they started to go thru CHI. I hate CHI, use to hate LA but I would rather it go anywhere but CHI

JoBobBriggs

My pack got stuck in CHI indefinitely. Sent in early June, no letters, no nothing. Just stuck in CHI. Thankfully my friend reshipped and it got here in like 8 days from Timbuktu!!!

DopaMeanGirl

My early July shipment got held up in CHI with no further updates for about 10 days. I figured it was just taking time to get to the next facility, but then I received a LL. The turnaround time between my package getting “stuck” and receiving the LL was very fast. My reship made it through CHI in record time. It should be here tomorrow. The shipment that ended in a LL was Registered Mail, and my reship had a bunch of other info attached to it, like an Ascendia ID, and it says Registered-Fully Tracked. I have no idea if any of that made a difference in getting here faster. It’s my first reship and I’ve been impressed with how fast it has moved. Never safe until it’s in my hands, though.