Chicago Customs - Recent Experiences?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Brianna9

Eminent member
I seriously think they caught on to packaging so if it enters customs it might be a goner. It will be luck that gets u thru as some packages are just never really inspected.

ck197

My early July shipment got held up in CHI with no further updates for about 10 days. I figured it was just taking time to get to the next facility, but then I received a LL. The turnaround time between my package getting “stuck” and receiving the LL was very fast. My reship made it through CHI in record time. It should be here tomorrow. The shipment that ended in a LL was Registered Mail, and my reship had a bunch of other info attached to it, like an Ascendia ID, and it says Registered-Fully Tracked. I have no idea if any of that made a difference in getting here faster. It’s my first reship and I’ve been impressed with how fast it has moved. Never safe until it’s in my hands, though.
My packs have always gone thru NY until this pandemic. I’ve never had a problem In the last 15 years until recently when they started to go thru CHI. I hate CHI, use to hate LA but I would rather it go anywhere but CHI
Same thing. I have been ordering since 2005 and never had an issue. Until it went through Chicago. Maybe they should worry about their ridiculous crime rate and not people’s medicines.

jaders

Eminent member
I have one that's been there a week. This one was a 'processed through customs'. Last 2 packs have been taken and I'm trying not to get discouraged.

Praying it gets through and for those waiting.

This is your third thru CHI? Yikes. Can you use a different address coming up?
CHI is the new LA. :cry:

Brianna9

Eminent member
Hope u get it thru soon, I’m sure u will get something. I felt the same a few months ago, but the reship s zipped thru CHI after 2 being there stuck.

floridagator

Honorable member
HELP!!!!Got my first LL today. I’m not gonna lie, I am super worried. Do I need to be????
How long did it take once your package hit Chicago?
It was Sept 2
Wow, I have one sitting there since Aug 10th. Still haven't received anything.
Sorry yes join the club Mid Aug No LL Reship Sent A different way but sadly still shows Scanned Into Sack Since 9/14 Zero Update Since Then We Shall See Shipped 9/07 Maybe This Second One Will Eventually Show Up ...Hoping Everyone The Best Of Luck With Shipping

Zara

Honorable member
Well I received a letter...
I’m freaking out!!!!
Do I fill it out... send it back? What the he’ll do I do!!!

Ehhh weird. Yes it hasn’t moved and I’m a bit worried. Watch... my first LL! That would just top off my life right now!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️
Same!! I was so thrilled that I have never received a LL. I think my luck may have run out!!

Zara

Honorable member
I knew it! Package went to chi town for the first time and today I receive my first LL in ten years!!!!!! I’m beyond upset... I have no clue what to do next. Do I need to respond I the letter and fill it out as requested by them... I just can’t believe this happened now! I’m hysterical at the moment and can’t even think straight!

Mich82

Honorable member
I knew it! Package went to chi town for the first time and today I receive my first LL in ten years!!!!!! I’m beyond upset... I have no clue what to do next. Do I need to respond I the letter and fill it out as requested by them... I just can’t believe this happened now! I’m hysterical at the moment and can’t even think straight!
Rip it up and throw it away. Do not respond to it. See if you can get a reship or refund. I also got my first LL last month. Sucks.

Bumblebee25

Bummer!! I'm still waiting on mine, doesn't look to promising. Try and get a reship, then throw the letter out.

ck197

I felt the same way!!! I was so upset. But this group definitely calmed my nerves :). One person said to be more worried if I didn’t receive anything and that made me feel better. I’m not filling out anything and sending back. I would think that is admitting you did something wrong.

theshahofiran

Ok I'm officially giving up on that one from early May. No LL, no nothing. Glad I was able to stock up for a while, but from what I'm hearing the vendor is now having lots more get snatched.

jaders

Eminent member

Perspective!! They seize many many items per day, as I mentioned to @ck197. You’re a small dot on a large map. Do absolutely nothing in response, and just try to get a reship from your vendor.

Last edited:

DopaMeanGirl

Sorry about your LL. I recently received one after my tracking stopped at CHI customs. On the bright side, my reship arrived in less than a month after receiving LL, and it was only in CHI customs for 2 days. For me that was confirmation that this process still works out in my favor overall. Don’t do anything in response to your letter. I was nervous to order again, but my vendor took the guessing game out of it. And the reship arrived quickly, also going through CHI. It gives me faith.

UncleHorace

In the city of Chicago, it is customary to walk with purpose and avoid idle chit chat on the street, unless it’s to ask about a recent Cubs game, which train you should take to get to or from a Cubs game, or you see a person wearing clothes from your parish.
Most importantly, never. EVER! Put ketchup on a hot dog. Respect a person's right to deep dish: it might be disgusting, but it's an important Chicago Custom.

Last edited:

Artknowsme

Honorable member
My mid June letter finally made it to my door step yesterday. It was in the group that made it through Chi in early July and then just sat till yesterday. Tracking never updated until the day delivered. So...those waiting on packages that show made it through, but nothing since...there is still a chance you will get your mail. This year has certainly been a good exercise in patience.

lbz

Wanted to give anyone with parcels at Chi a lil hope - I had one there for a couple days (a weekend) that moved on and was delivered about a week later. Best of luck to all your packages :)

Myself

Another question: Do you think that if you get the notifications from USPS (like text or e-mail) on your package that it brings more attention to it? Probably just being paranoid but I have always wondered about that.

tbh - I specifically DONT sign up for notifications for a med package, but again, having had personal interaction with these men in black, I probably fear them more than most. They have to prove that you had prior knowledge of what is being sent to you to actually prosecute, and so signing up for notices definitely would indicate prior knowledge, imho. It’s just as easy to plug in the tracking number if/when I want to check.

I believe most folks do sign up for the notices tho and it’s probably 99 percent ok. I am def paranoid....:cool:
You are absolutely correct!! They do have to prove you had prior knowledge. I think when you sign up for notices it's for All trackable mail you receive? I'm not 100% on that though because I've never used it. Anyone with knowledge of whether it's for each package or every package?
And NO you're not paranoid, you're smart and taking precautions !