• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Covid Vaccine: Who’s had it? [Mod's note: post only if you've had the vaccine]

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

therms

Lapsed Senior Member
I'm fully vaccinated w/ a booster scheduled soon; I had my first two Pfizer shots as soon as they became available to my age group. I've a 3rd Pfizer booster scheduled next week (it's Sunday here)- unfortunately I set the appt before Omicron took over. Long Covid is a scary thing, folks (I have a very fit, athletic close friend who came down with it in early 2020 and he's been experiencing health problems ever since, even after the vaccines were finally available). researchers are only beginning to be able to ascertain the lingering effects of Covid (nerve damage, fatigue, cognitive issues, memory loss, new allergies, differences in the brain's grey matter, people who never regain their full sense of smell or taste, shortness of breath, a substantial # of ppl going on disability due to the symptoms, you know the gamut) amongst those who contracted Covid before vaccines were available. With the Omicron variant spreading rapidly....yes, I am worried of contracting it, and possibly suffering not only illness but long Covid (shudder). Equally worrying is the idea that I could otherwise be spreading Covid to others despite my fully vaccinated status pre-Booster, proper mask-wearing, hand-washing and so forth.
TO add to the datapoints here, I experienced no ill effects from both my initial Pfizer jabs. My elderly relative had some arm and muscle soreness from her Moderna jabs + booster, whereas an old friend in the UK was knocked dead asleep on the couch from his AstraZeneca booster. Just goes to show how individual biochemistry can play a part. I'm willing to go through with minor side effects of my upcoming Pfizer booster (vain as I am, I picked Pfizer due to early reports of Moderna interfering with cosmetic injectables) for my own well-being, the safety of my loved ones and the world at large. (I didn't mean to sound preachy! I have friends who work in hospitals/research and the devastation is something...

Ellyn

Distinguished member
@therms Preach away. I have both friends and close relatives who work in hospitals and what they're seeing is like nothing they've ever seen before. It's worse right now than it was a year ago during last year's big winter surge, possibly because so many people refuse to either vaccinate or mask and Delta is much, much worse than the original COVID variant. They're expecting it to be even worse than this with Omicron. There's another refrigerated morgue truck at a hospital not far from where I live - it's real, it was in the local paper. They're expecting another wave of too many deaths for the hospital morgue to handle. So please, if you haven't gotten vaccinated do it now, and if you haven't gotten a booster do it now. This is going to be as bad as anything we've seen.

And yes, everyone in my family is vaccinated and boosted.

smo1959

Honorable member
I had the J&J in June and got a breakthrough Delta infection (confirmed by PCR) in September. Very mild! I felt rough for 2 or 3 days, otherwise just like a mild cold. No fever. Thank god for the vaccines. I am due for the booster (will take whatever is offered), but I am feeling pretty confident with vaccine plus natural immunity. Having said that, I will do whatever it takes to stay well and keep my friends and family well.

nightowl44

I'm 3x Pfizer'd. The only hiccup was after the second shot, when I felt slightly like death warmed over on the day after, but I was functioning. Just felt tired and achy. I fully support vaccines and hope they continue to improve and refine them to hopefully make Covid so much less damaging if you do happen to get it. Even being jabbed 3x, I will not be surprised if I get Covid, because it's not a magic wand, but at least when/if I do get it, it will not be nearly as severe or land me in the hospital. I think it may be unavoidable to get it, but the key is to survive it without any long-term effects. Stay safe everyone.

Hi~Tide

Lapsed Senior Member
I’ve had both Moderna shots but no booster yet. The second shot was absolutely painless during the injection, I didn’t even know she had done it. Later I was a little sore and felt cold like symptoms for a day, if that long.

jaders

Exalted member
I’ve had three Pfizer. Only the first one gave me any reaction. Otherwise harmless. I have a feeling that in time they will recommend a fourth shot/booster and I will take it.

They will have to keep giving boosters as long as it’s spreading like this, and this rapid spread makes for further variants, from my understanding. The key is to get as many folks actually vaccinated so that it isn’t traveling so fast. Plus o do figure if you’re vaxxed and you get a breakthrough, your immunity should be even that much stronger.

Until it evolves into something that isn’t being trading like wildfire, I’ll happily get booster after booster again myself. An old friend of mine’s brother just died a week or so ago. Healthy 50 yr old but no vaccine at all. No thanks…☹️

teresita

Exalted member
I'm vaccinated but just got over covid. I lost one of my brothers in February of last year from covid but he never had the opportunity to get the vaccine. My case was mild but my doctor said my left lower lung had no breath sound kind of like walking pneumonia I guess but I never had a fever. For about 5 days I was so achy and sleepy with a killer headache and I didn't develop a cough or lung issue until I recovered. Even now wearing my mask at work, I get winded and it brings on a tickle cough that makes me cough so hard I almost wet my pants. But I was cleared and back to work in 9 days but I still get that cough two weeks later. My doctor will order a chest x-ray next week if it continues but she said my lungs sounded good so I don't know.

If I had never heard of covid, I would have thought I had some kind of flu but had I not been vaccinated maybe it would have been worse. I'm just so ready to have covid in the rear view mirror

Babygoats

I'm triple vaccinated and so is my Mom who lives with me. I've happily gotten vaccinated due to my Mom and working with a vulnerable population. I feel grateful we live in an area that is very pro mask wearing. It makes me feel safer and neither of us have gotten it. I'm fearful, like others, that I will be a long hauler. I have too much pain, fatigue, and other problems that I am convinced I'd be one of those people who have weird symptoms years and months later. I am grateful I do live pretty much a regular life. I just try to be as safe as possible. Mom and I have stopped indoors at restaurants since Omicron. Luckily we live in a warm winter climate and can steal eat outdoors. This only matters as it's a big activity for my Mom.

onlyareader

Honorable member
I've had it. I think I had the Moderna one.

I hate it because I feel weird for like a week afterwards, but I guess its better than catching the Co-co.

jmshg22

I've had two doses of Pfizer in July. No side effects just a sore arm for a day. The vaccin did not prevent me from getting Covid-positive back in December. I'm not aware if I got Omicron yet or another strain of the virus but I got a sore throat for like 5 days and that was it. I suffered more from being in quarantine than from the virus itself, gained some extra weight and lost my shape. Now I'm scheduled to receive a third dose, this will be from Moderna, later this week. I don't know if it is going to be useful for me but I don't want any issues with travel and it's at no cost so I'm just going with the flow.

azula

Eminent member
I'm a member of House Moderna x3. Last March, April, October. I just had a sore arm for about a day with each one. My daughter has Moderna x3 as well and suffered a few more side effects with hers: Body aches, fatigue and low fever for a couple of days with the 2nd shot and a little of the same with the booster for about a day. She is type 1 diabetic so we didn't hesitate about getting the jab asap. It beats covid. She is a nurse and the stories she's had. She doesn't tell me every single thing because I'm more sensitive about that stuff but knowing that it shakes her up a little is disturbing because she is a great nurse, strong about all things medical, unflappable. Not exactly with covid, plus she is completely exhausted.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks