DENTAL CARE - How do you treat your Teeth and more............

Missmolly

Banned
:livid:;)

Inspired by my recent posts about needing a wisdom tooth removed and people kindly offered me advice.

such as @petenyc @Luthien [MENTION=3638] @Roz @valhead @Rylee [MENTION=8829] @Danie @FirTree sorry if I left anyone out.

Im curious to know what others do. AND I want to know about your toothbrush! is it a cheap manual bought from the $ store, or is it one of those fancy expensive ones that cost $400.

I use an Oral B electric toothbrush I don't know the model, but it is a best seller.
I brush each morning after breakfast and I use a whitening tooth paste
my mouth wash in the morning tends to be one that focuses on stainp prevention.

If I am going out in the evening I will brush my teeth and use anytype of mouth wash.

Night time I brush with an expensive toothpaste that is meant to cover everything and I use listerine mouth wash.

I do floss but only certain areas as it snags in my teeth

I go the dentist 2 a year and while I am there I get a scale and polish

Approx every 3 years or so, I will go to an actual DENTIST to have my teeth lightened . ( In the UK ans EU no dentist can bleach the teeth in the way that you are able to have that done in america as it is bad for your teeth, however, in the UK, you can get untrained people whitening your teeth rather than pay more fora dentist that is not going to harm your teeth.
Super white teeth = damaged Teeth, I also think a supper white blinding teeth a la Ross of Friends looks awful.

I also have an hello kitty toothbrush with a small head and a timer that bleeps every too minutes
I have a regular manual tooth brush that is in my shower baset with toothpaste
I also use this special toothpaste that doubles as floss.
I have a numberof childrens mouth wash as they come in nice flavours and so not burn.
I use white strips to ensure my teeth stay white.

I also keep a bottle of C18 mouth wash as well as sulphar free and alcohol free one I think it is called Fresh breath
( i only use these on occasion, normally it is listerine at night and a whitening one in the morning.

My teeth are white and straight and I intend on them staying that way. I also rarely need dental treatment.

Also there is lots of youtube vids promoting people to use LEMON and bakind soda, this is very damaging to the teeth.

This is a bt TLDR, so can you please tell me how you do your dental hygeine and of you use super expensive toothbrushes $100 and over, and if you have ever gotton your teeth bleached white?

I may have posted this in the wrong forum? where should it be?

Last edited:

equinox

Honorable member
@Missmolly - this thread seems particularly relevant because I've been nursing a painful tooth infection from a dodgy root canal for the last week.

My dental routine is really simple so this will be a pretty short reply

I brush in the morning, brush at night. Every couple of days I use a flosser.

I've had all sorts of trouble with some of my teeth - but only the ones that had fillings when I was a child. It's as if a filling ultimately spells doom for a tooth because most have ended with crowns.

I use the NHS for all treatment - except once when I went private and I genuinely got the worst treatment I've ever received. Which included the root canal that didn't remove all of the root and has brought hours and hours of needless sensitivity and toothaches.

At 16 someone head butted my front teeth loose - but they somehow survived. The dentist expected them to die and go black in a year - but thankfully it never happened.

Final bit of tooth info is I much prefer using a standard toothbrush - never liked electric. Dentist tells me I possibly brush too hard - and maybe grind my teeth at night as the corner of my front tooth is looking a bit transparent and thin.

I'm looking forward to the metronidazole anti-biotics working (I'm on day three) and saying goodbye to the godawful toothache.

Missmolly

Banned
@Missmolly - this thread seems particularly relevant because I've been nursing a painful tooth infection from a dodgy root canal for the last week.

My dental routine is really simple so this will be a pretty short reply

I brush in the morning, brush at night. Every couple of days I use a flosser.

I've had all sorts of trouble with some of my teeth - but only the ones that had fillings when I was a child. It's as if a filling ultimately spells doom for a tooth because most have ended with crowns.

I use the NHS for all treatment - except once when I went private and I genuinely got the worst treatment I've ever received. Which included the root canal that didn't remove all of the root and has brought hours and hours of needless sensitivity and toothaches.

At 16 someone head butted my front teeth loose - but they somehow survived. The dentist expected them to die and go black in a year - but thankfully it never happened.

Final bit of tooth info is I much prefer using a standard toothbrush - never liked electric. Dentist tells me I possibly brush too hard - and maybe grind my teeth at night as the corner of my front tooth is looking a bit transparent and thin.

I'm looking forward to the metronidazole anti-biotics working (I'm on day three) and saying goodbye to the godawful toothache.
you are so lucky to get am NHS dentist ( even if you pay it is a lot more expensive) I have hears that all MHS dentist will be just see children. people om welfare etc

Make sure you visit at least every 6 months . I was taken pff an MHS dentist as I did not attend for over a year.

I have spent a LOT of ,money at the dentist. I had one white filling that was starting to look s little stained, the NHS dentist said NO as it was cosmetic and did not notice when I smile.
I gave it a while and said that the tooth hurt ( and thus get the tooth refilled ) dentist said that tooth was fine !

So I am gonna have to pay :mad:

jc776

Eminent member
I use antibacterial fluoride free toothpaste called euthymol.
I spolt my nice teeth through drugs, sweets and not caring for them.
I use an orthodontic manual toothbrush and eco friendly floss.

Seychelle

Honorable member
Yes it is @776:p

But baking soda works well, as does Peroxide

:giggle:

Last edited:

Ellyn

Distinguished member
My dental routine? Quip, twice a day. Seriously, it's the only electric toothbrush (battery) I've used that I don't feel I am fighting with. Very sleek, gets the job done. It's like the iPhone of toothbrushes.

superman11

Seconded re the electric brush. I also for vanity pruporses deploy the whitening stips every 12 months and find they work better than the more invasive methods for me at least. Your mileage as always may vary..

Cassius Star

I have sensitive teeth, so I tend to use stuff like sensodyne, but often the store brand stuff. I also have a water pick, that I use to floss, but also use wax floss to get the really deep down stuff.

msmac

Distinguished member
As I've gotten older, I've upped my oral care game. I didn't see anyone mention a Waterpic, but I will say it's been an amazing tool for final cleaning at night. I floss afterwards, but it's crazy what the Waterpic does that rinsing/flossing misses. There's a learning curve..holy cow my poor mirror for a few days, but its improved overall gum health. If you can afford the portable one, I like it because I don't care putting the large tub on my counter, it's worth the investment.

Cassius Star

As I've gotten older, I've upped my oral care game. I didn't see anyone mention a Waterpic, but I will say it's been an amazing tool for final cleaning at night. I floss afterwards, but it's crazy what the Waterpic does that rinsing/flossing misses. There's a learning curve..holy cow my poor mirror for a few days, but its improved overall gum health. If you can afford the portable one, I like it because I don't care putting the large tub on my counter, it's worth the investment.
I own a waterpic as well. Been using it for years now and I highly recommend it to those who just use standard floss. My first waterpic almost pushed me away from the idea, as it didn't work good enough, so I still had to use floss to get in there. But, I got a newer one soon after, and it gets pretty much every bit of food and gunk stuck in there. Sometimes I need to use floss to get stuff that's really stuck, but my waterpic does the job the majority of the time.