Dental Surgery

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Jazie

Exalted member
Surprisingly, just me here, Ibuprofen has worked better for me than any pain medication for Dental procedures.

Call me strange, but it works better for me in a lot of pain situations. I'm just strange I guess.

Danie

Exalted member
My husband had a root canal Dec 2018
The dentist gave him (30) penicillin

(50) 600mg Ibuprofen

(12) 10-325 hydrocodone/acetaminophen. He used a couple motrin & maybe couple days penicillin. Pain was mild & gone in couple days.

My sister had total hip replacement & they gave her (20) 5-325 Hydro/acetaminophen. She’s done well, has some left & surgery was 2/26, 8 more than my husband, & half the strength. He didn’t even open script, pain was minimal. Doctor told him just in case.

Marcone

Lapsed Senior Member
I have a toothache for more than 2 months now, a wisdom tooth and the one beside it. I think I want them out as well as my suffering. Thanks to mefenamic but I'm afraid that it might give me undesirable side-effects in long-term. I'm planning to talk to a dentist soon, but I'm still afraid about removing my two teeth.

Red53

Honorable member
I've been through a strange few days. One of my teeth was playing up and has sadly been ignored during the lockdown. I finally got to the dentist and although the guy I see is one of the best people in his field, he was not allowed to use "a drill" for any procedure at all.

I suffer nightmares and have a very bad "dentist fear" (since childhood) therefore I am given sedation" but the sedation is going up and up in price each visit and as its getting crazy. It's now changed to a new form of sedation (not as strong as a general anth) and I am still aware of whats happening.

My friend suggested taking an anxiety med an hour before I get to dentist instead of the sedation but I would not know what to take. If anyone has any ideas to help me sort this out I would be eternally grateful. Hope you are all coping in these crazy times and God bless you all for all the info and support you have given me over the years. love and peace :)

jaders

Eminent member
I've been through a strange few days. One of my teeth was playing up and has sadly been ignored during the lockdown. I finally got to the dentist and although the guy I see is one of the best people in his field, he was not allowed to use "a drill" for any procedure at all.

I suffer nightmares and have a very bad "dentist fear" (since childhood) therefore I am given sedation" but the sedation is going up and up in price each visit and as its getting crazy. It's now changed to a new form of sedation (not as strong as a general anth) and I am still aware of whats happening.

My friend suggested taking an anxiety med an hour before I get to dentist instead of the sedation but I would not know what to take. If anyone has any ideas to help me sort this out I would be eternally grateful. Hope you are all coping in these crazy times and God bless you all for all the info and support you have given me over the years. love and peace :)

The best anxiety meds are the benzodiazepines such as xanax, valium or klonipin? I have some left over xanax from years ago which I still take it for "heavy" dental procedures or just anxiety in general, (which isn't often, thankfully.) None of them will be as "strong" as real sedation tho.

Red53

Honorable member
The best anxiety meds are the benzodiazepines such as xanax, valium or klonipin? I have some left over xanax from years ago which I still take it for "heavy" dental procedures or just anxiety in general, (which isn't often, thankfully.) None of them will be as "strong" as real sedation tho.

Thanks for replying as this is very helpful x