Do ANY IOPs use Paypal?!

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

lucid_elizabeth

I'm doubting it, but just curious. I figured I'd find out pretty quickly by posting the question on here.

thx
l_e

drschmalzy

Lapsed Senior Member
I never tried but it does show on PayPal which countries you can use the debit. I've always used green dot visa n still working with another vendor I just tried out. U can always try to place an order.

It is me

Lapsed Senior Member
I never tried but it does show on PayPal which countries you can use the debit. I've always used green dot visa n still working with another vendor I just tried out. U can always try to place an order.

can you just get any green dot card? like the ones they have in stores?

One IOP sent me to the green dot website , but I guess I can just walk into a store with cash and get a green dot Visa

Ranger

Paypal....

thx
l_e

It does happen. I used an IOP for about a year that did the PayPal option. worked very well and I felt very secure. However, they ended up folding...So, while I cannot help you with a current source, I can say it does happen.

BTW, as I understand it, IOP's that use PayPal would be in violation of PayPal's terms.....not an expert here, just what I heard.....:confused:

Jayell

I rely on my visa debit card but am dismayed at how many online pharmacies don't do Visa now....I guess because of a Visa policy

GummiiBear

Lapsed Senior Member
I used PayPal for a purchase from buy-pharma.com, which was convenient for me. I also used PayPal to make a payment for an order from ClickRemedy.

drschmalzy

Lapsed Senior Member
I went into wall greens and got the gold.green dot for international use. Activate it online but I believe you need to have your.personalized card to make.it work I'm not sure if u can use the temp card for international use. It was $5 to purchase.

pibo369

Lapsed Senior Member
not that I know of, at least not any that are real and wont rip you off but if you want to take the chance go for it its your money.

core2duo

Exalted member
Yes you do have to wait for your real card in the mail. Not sure why people struggle with this. It's very easy and convenient besides the fees involved ($4.95 to load each time and $4.95 monthly service charge). You simply grab the GreenDot pack at the store. Purchase it from the cashier for $4.95 and load any amount on the card. Then go home and go to GreenDot.com and activate your card and request your persoanlized card in the mail. Thats it, done. You can then use that card immediately for other purchases. Online transactions (IOP's) require your actual card with your name on it. For IOP purchases I have found that you do need your personalized card in the mail. Takes about 10 days to get. After you have that it's just like a regular CC. Works everywhere.

Some people have a problem activating the Greendot account because it does require your SS#. Unless your running from the feds or IRS who cares.

Last edited:

gsg909

Lapsed Senior Member
it is against paypal's terms of use. I think a legit IOP, or atleast one that wants to stick around for awhile and build up a customer base, won't use paypal. paypal is known to freeze accounts, I think an IOP getting large amounts of money would get flagged, and when accounts get flagged the money gets frozen in their accounts. the IOP loses money, you won't get your stuff and have to hope paypal refunds your money. doing CC chargebacks also don't always work with paypal if you were thinking you are protected that way.

Jellyfish

Eminent member
Paypal isn't a great way to buy your meds online. For various reasons.

Ask @jimmyfingers for more info on this.

I have 2 paypal accounts, that are used almost daily, but I wouldn't ever purchase anything from an IOP with it.

MGary

Banned
I heard that it is not very safe for phramacies to allow customers to pay by paypal, as it often leads to the end. As fas as I underastand paypal is quite strict to this subject

j2thalea

Lapsed Senior Member
it is against paypal's terms of use. I think a legit IOP, or atleast one that wants to stick around for awhile and build up a customer base, won't use paypal. paypal is known to freeze accounts, I think an IOP getting large amounts of money would get flagged, and when accounts get flagged the money gets frozen in their accounts. the IOP loses money, you won't get your stuff and have to hope paypal refunds your money. doing CC chargebacks also don't always work with paypal if you were thinking you are protected that way.

THIS. If you DO ever find an IOP that uses PayPal as a payment option, discretion is the name of the game. The money transfer is NOT payment; it is a gift. And NO mention of the goods in the PP comments!!

I believe more IOPs used to use PP, but PP has become very vigilant about closing accounts of people who violate their terms of use now.

mistressC

Lapsed Senior Member
Better than using your credit card? I always assumed people used Green Dot because they didn't have a credit card. What is the drawback of using your own credit card?

Ranger

Better than using your credit card? I always assumed people used Green Dot because they didn't have a credit card. What is the drawback of using your own credit card?

Hmmm, massive fraud via theft of your number by some Ukraine crime syndicate?:D

Yes, supposedly, you are "protected" by your credit card issuer in the event of fraud and yes you should have no trouble getting the credit card company to credit back your account....note the word SHOULD

In reality, some "animals are more equal than others." If you have a so-so credit history and a so-so history with your card issuer, they may be in no hurry to help you out. You could be screwing around without a credit card for a few months while "they investigate."

Or, you could just have a real unresponsive credit card issuer, which just drags its feet despite your 20-year history with them, your sterling credit rating etc.

So, in a perfect world, no problems using your CC -- you may live in a perfect world, I don't. Darn it!!:D

mistressC

Lapsed Senior Member
Still seems like a WAY bigger risk to use this Green Dot. Wouldn't they be even LESS likely to investigate?

j2thalea

Lapsed Senior Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't ANY card carrying the VISA logo protected by their anti-fraud "insurance?"

Ranger

Once again, in a perfect world, cc fraud is cleared up quickly by the issuer.

But it still can leave you stranded somewhere if you are on a trip or something until it can be cleared up. Better not to do anything that leaves you open -- ie -- dealing with IOPs in dicey countries.

I use a TRAVEL MONEY VISA issued by my credit union good for international transactions. I know the tellers, they know me. Never had any trouble, but if I do, they are the people I will be dealing with and I know they will push for me to get a refund.

Will the "green dot" clerk at WalMart do that???

toadwarrior

Green dot has stopped issuing it's International card, and the reason alot of ******** places are going to MasterCard is fraud- Mastercards have a microprocessor chip built in -everytime the card is run, the transaction is logged, plus they can pull the card faster- Visa is playing catch up, but are doing the same thing