• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Do you boycott anything?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

I try to boycott Amazon when I can, just google that same product and see if I can order it elsewhere. Usually its slightly more expensive so not too big of a deal. Also Nestle is a horrible company, just look up what they have done in the past. Very hard to boycott though as they have their hands in so many things that you wouldn't think of, not just Kit Kats.

blecher59

All social media sites, all professional sports, Hollywood, Amazon, WholeFoods (owned by Amazon), Wallyworld, NetFlix, Walgreens (anti-drug, freedom-crushing nazi bastards).

Also, I do not have cable TV, haven't for years now.
I have streaming TV, but not cable TV. What a rip off. Although now my cable company is charging based on how much bandwidth we use. It’s a travesty.

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
All social media sites, all professional sports, Hollywood, Amazon, WholeFoods (owned by Amazon), Wallyworld, NetFlix, Walgreens (anti-drug, freedom-crushing nazi bastards).

Also, I do not have cable TV, haven't for years now.
I have streaming TV, but not cable TV. What a rip off. Although now my cable company is charging based on how much bandwidth we use. It’s a travesty.
Let's get our corner stores back. You know, the ones that built our countries into great places to live :)
don't give amazon a second thought

Last edited:

jaders

Exalted member
There’s a really good documentary on Walmart’s business practices that came out years ago, called something like ‘the high cost of low prices.’

I have heard about this documentary. All their union busting tactics. I will never understand how so many Americans came
to dislike unions. They’re really our strongest defense against corporate America imho...🤔

spanishcarlitos

@pythagorean Usually only when there was something personal involved with a concrete store or manager, but it's impossible as you say for poor-medium people to have the luxury to choose only super-mega-ethical products. Also if you look carefully you can find such a high level of abuses in NGO'S for example that you can't really use much of your energy on thinking or researching in all companies methods.

anthrtrvlr

Lapsed Senior Member
Trying to "boycott" everything made in China. sometimes products try to hide that info - it's in very very small print. I want to buy U.S. (or Canadian, or Mexican) made, but factories closed, everything outsourced. I'll buy Thailand made to avoid buying from China. Can't even find a kitty toy not made in China!

There are some products made in U.S. I had a clerk at our local co-op store helping me find toilet paper that was made in U.S. She suddenly said "Look, it's made in Canada! Is that close enough?"

This is crazy. with no jobs, how can people even buy the toilet paper made in China? How did we let this happen? Honestly, I have nothing against China. China did not twist the arms of greedy business magnates. The problem is with those at the top of what is now a multinational problem.

Veejur

Distinguished member
CVS- worst pharmacy ever, terrible techs, terrible pharmacists, terrible service

White Privilege

Exalted member
I don't boycott - I write letters.

I would boycott, if it didn't cause me to waste more fuel going farther, or have it shipped to my house.

I worry about my country, but honestly the Earth is going to cook us long before we work out our differences now.

I've read too much horrible stuff; now coming true, to believe otherwise at this point. Climate refugee's are a coming to a border near you.

NomiTramadol

Honorable member
@pythagorean After having a friend working on Amazon factory and listening to his stories about how much pressure is put up to make employees cry or end with a depression you really want to boycott that company. But if you don't give another chances people will always choose the cheapest and most comfortable solution, they really don't care if it's made with slavery work or whatever. And most of us, we prefer to avoid thinking because that makes our brain feels uncomfortable, so we lie to ourselves or discard to have a reflexion moment with ourselves. Usually with the classic "I have enough problems to also take care of....x"

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks