• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Do you boycott anything?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Hi~Tide

Honorable member
Lol, I started a thread titled “Boycott modafinil” in the suggested blacklisted section. 😂 I saw this thread and figure it was another good place to get the message to people here that are unaware.

Edited to obscure the actual email address for the email only iop.

Chancer

Exalted member
Some one in Europe who was a political cartoonist did get one published and then some big shot in that faith issued a death penalty on the guy.
Yes, they killed a French religious teacher for showing the image. There has also been a similar case in England although they kept the teacher safe in time.

Edit: it was a cartoonist in a a local paper they killed. They stabbed him in the neck from what I recall, there was also an incident in the UK were they killed 3 gay lads (an American was also involved in that incident).

Hi~Tide

Honorable member
@Chancer That is the kind of behavior that helped turn me away from religion of any kind. There’s some people inside any faith that uses it to sow anger and hatred. If I were asked to identify with any religion I would say Buddhism. Not because I have ever really been exposed to it, which is unfortunate, but a reality that most “Western Societies” seem to have. The Eastern religions are the most docile, from what I understand, yet we have little access to them in many places.

Chancer

Exalted member
The Eastern religions are the most docile, from what I understand, yet we have little access to them in many places.
As a rule like most religions Buddhist's are supposed to be non-violent (hurting someone is apparently the same as hurting yourself). However, just like any religion with people involved they will use it as an excuse to commit violence. Look into Buddhism and other Eastern religions and violence, you will find many instances of Buddhist 'uprisings' and violence for various reasons like socio-economic and politics etc.

Babygoats

Interesting thread. It got me thinking how much I've given in over the years. The world seems so corrupt these days that It's been easier for me to put my head in the sand than to stand for anything. This isn't a proud realization but I guess it's good to be aware of where I am at with the world.

Hi~Tide

Honorable member
@Chancer I guess I’m thinking more along the lines of terrorist acts. Not that it maybe happens in other places but it’s not something I can remember happening here.

I’m aware of conflicts, such as the one that divided India. Idk how much it involved Buddhist and Muslims or Hindus.

Chancer

Exalted member
@Hi~Tide Afghanistan used to be a Buddhist Country, Indonesia and Malaysia are both rife with terrorism (In Thialand when the trains pass close to Malaysia the Thia government provides armed security) the sleeper trains are awesome though so don't let it put you off if you get a chance to go. Even China has had Muslim terror attacks in their cities, its what led to their overly dramatic treatment of Muslim communities (they wanted them to 'integrate' and the Muslims had been on that land forever, it was blowback). Its a lot more complex than the Western media lead us to believe.

Chancer

Exalted member
@Babygoats Most people are too busy with families and jobs etc. Its coming out more now as people have more free time to research besides, we are in an information war so use your own judgement and don't take things as gospel, always double (even triple) check sources. We are all guilty of putting our heads in the sand to a degree.

P.S Welcome to PR

BlueBell

That Snail Is Fast
Do you boycott or intentionally avoid any stores? Companies? Products? Amazon? Walmart? Chick-fil-a? I just watched Nomadland on Hulu, it was good. Got me thinking about all the news about how Amazon treats it’s workers. (I’ve always had mixed feelings about unions but inequities keep growing between the wealthy and the rest of us. Maybe unions do more good that I’ve given them credit for.)

Sometimes I think about boycotting a store or product but I also think boycotts are a luxury for people with money. When you’re poor can you really choose to not pay the lowest price you can find, regardless of who it’s purchased from?
yes i do avoid certain stores and establishments.....

for what its worth.....

jaders

Exalted member
@pythagorean We stopped taking any cattle to the market (where theyre bid on and sent to feedlots for "finishing") after we watched a guy there ruthlessly hotstick our cow over and over when she had nowhere to go. She was stuck in a strange maze with a hundred strangers. To me it was like seeing your dog put in cage and then then yelled at and shocked over and over. I was just a kid.
After that we keep only a small herd, sell the heifers and bulls we cant keep when theyre young as "grassfed beef". We get a lot more for them but its still pretty sad and always awful when we have to get rid of an older cow.
We still barely make enough to pay land taxes and electric etc.
The good news is more and more people seem to want humanely raised animals.
I have a bull i had to pull out of his sick momma, dry off, and bottle feed. Hes a big old boy now! But i dread the day he has to go because we have young heifers. Hes still gentle as can be and loves getting brushed and scratched on.
Sorry for hijacking the thread btw!

I do so agree with you that everyone should have to witness what they’re participating in with the meat and dairy industry. I eat very little meat just exactly because of this inhumane treatment. I too am not against eating meat that’s been raised humanely or caught/hunted in the wild, but treating animals as tho they are nothing more than inanimate “tools” just is unacceptable. 😰

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks