Do You Trust Meds From India?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Mike Stayn

Banned
For me i don’t think it’s a matter of me trusting meds from India. It’s a matter of trying to receive product from them into my country. I tried a few vendors from India and customs would catch it and i wouldn’t get what i ordered. It was like India was red flagged by customs. I gave up trying to order with them. Sometimes you read people getting what they ordered from India but not me.

M77

Exalted member
I didn’t read the whole thread, and I may have posted this before, but better twice, than never. CVS is now selling generics, mostly sourced from India. Even though this is obviously to increase their profit margins, they couldn’t sell medications that don’t meet regulations. Not all generics are the same, and some can have 80% of the active ingredient, and still be sold. There are some other rules with generics, but that goes for all generics, so it is mostly standardized.

With that in mind, I would say that the Indian licensed manufacturers have stepped up their game. That doesn’t mean everything will be great, especially since you might get something from India that isn’t up to global standards. But my main point is that I wouldn’t dismiss all of them, just because they were made in India.

JustAnotherDay

Lapsed Senior Member
I currently have two trusted vendors, both in India. One will no longer ship a product I require, stating it’s too difficult to get through customs. The other has no such problems. I suppose it depends on whether they are perceived to be “watched” or feel comfortable enough with their discreet packaging? I’m not sure if things have changed there or if my former vendor is simply being more cautious? It’s concerning, though. We have had years’ worth of purchases and delivery before now. Hmm.

JustAnotherDay

Lapsed Senior Member
JustAnotherDay: Major arrests in NYC/Queens has effected the Indian Med Market in a big way. Around Labor day this year. You can Google it. It took down or scared many vendors over there.

That makes much more sense. Wow. Scary. Frustrating too, but mostly scary.

Thanks for the heads up!

See See Rider

I have never had any problems with meds from India in the past. They were always top notch but, it's been a while since I ordered meds so, not sure what their reputation is now.

johnathankersis88

Lapsed Senior Member
India men's are always hit or miss. I use to buy from a site called freeworldpharmacy that no longer exists but it was the best place ever. They use to have alot of India products but some like xanax was shit. So you just gotta try it and find out.

Zen_Life II

Distinguished member
I have ordered meds from India before that were not effective/fake. That being said, I used to work with someone whose sister was a doctor in India and 2x a year she would send him a care package - full of antihistamines, pain meds (he had migraines), ibuprofen and other usual meds. It was like a suitcase filled with (legal) drugs and I couldn't believe it! :surprised: It didn't cost him a thing and he said if he'd had to have paid for it, it would have been so cheap. I think the important thing is finding a reputable vendor.

blecher59

Ive ordered from various places in India and have never had an issue with the meds. Shipping can vary widely from place to place, but quality has been ok. I scrutinize places carefully and do my research before ordering. But that’s recommended in all cases.

Seychelle

Distinguished member
Ive ordered from various places in India and have never had an issue with the meds. Shipping can vary widely from place to place, but quality has been ok. I scrutinize places carefully and do my research before ordering. But that’s recommended in all cases.

Used to order from Igloo about 10 years back. Pretty decent; always went with Eva. She would go above and beyond.
These days, fearful of Fent contamination (Pams are even being cut with this)
Worth another look perhaps.

Thx

PeanutStar

Lapsed Senior Member
The Indian manufacturer of med I get also exports the majority of cephalosporin used in U.S., so there’s that. I’ve never subjectively noticed any QI variance from batch to batch, and throughout my career worked alongside many India-educated pharmacists & physicians, whose curriculum is identical to US not just in content, but In language as well (yes, most Indian medical school curricula taught in English). It’s tougher over there, so my confidence in source sufficient enough for schedule 4 med I get anyhow.

Last edited:

parkdove

Lapsed Senior Member
The Indian manufacturer of med I get also exports the majority of cephalosporin used in U.S., so there’s that. I’ve never subjectively noticed any QI variance from batch to batch, and throughout my career worked alongside many India-educated pharmacists & physicians, whose curriculum is identical to US not just in content, but In language as well (yes, most Indian medical school curricula taught in English). It’s tougher over there, so my confidence in source sufficient enough for schedule 4 med I get anyhow.

The Indian sellers were great for a long time. Only issue was the constant barrage of emails and texts. I was told they have to get meds from Singapore now so they cost more. Shipments from SIN are seized (to my address anyway). One time I got some fakes. After that I refused to pay with anything but Paypal. I had to open 3 cases with paypal for fakes recently. Now they want $400 for me to use paypal. Which I will not do. Before this I explicitly told them not to send anything from Singapore and one seller decided to do so anyway and had a fit when I filed a case for non receipt. I will not use WU or MG as they will block payments to certain countries.

PeanutStar

Lapsed Senior Member
You’re right that distinction between Indian pharmaceutical companies & Indian vendors is an important one.

Indian-manufactured meds I buy I actually order through Singapore-based vendor. To extent I find vendor that works, I tend to stick with it rather than perennially shop for better deals or faster delivery because of exact thing you’re saying - scammer prevalence.

Lockdown effects, however, making me think it may be time to search for good Western vendor sources that I know are out there. It’s just a matter of marshaling the time and energy first to do the necessary research finding them, which in my experience can take months. In meantime, I work on acceptance of current new reality.

Last edited:

Hightide

Some sources have good medicines from there, especially if you can buy them directly. The main problem is importing from that country as it's one known as a source. A good supplier will have a drop shipping method where they send meds from there to another country that isn't scrutinized as much, re-label and ship from there. I've purchased from Indian suppliers that shipped from several different Asian countries.

Marcone

Lapsed Senior Member
I haven't tried purchasing from any Indian-owned pharmacy yet. I think there are ones that are reliable but we have to be careful in doing online transactions too. Phishing and scammers are everywhere

macy539

I haven't had problems getting fakes from India but I had enough packages not arriving that I stopped ordering from there.

Lizdawn

India tram is really good. They were in the blister packs. Stronger than most tram I have tried. No complaints here!