Do You Trust Meds From India?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

UncleHorace

As a generic online pharmacy for the past 18 plus years, we sell only generic meds manufactured in India. I wont go into the reasons why India is one of the leading countries in the legal production of generic medications, but one thing is for sure - the standards of the major manufacturers there are no lower than those in the USA, Canada or Europe. In fact many of the "big pharma" companies manufacture their generic meds in India!
There will always be shady companies that sell below standard products but if you stick with the well known generic brand names you have nothing to worry about.
As someone with extensive experience auditing production plants, particularly in India and across Asia, for one of the world’s largest multinational pharmaceutical companies, I have first hand knowledge to the contrary. I expanded on this in another post. But certainly, many people have successfully ordered medications of acceptable quality.
I have several reasons to take issue with your assertion that India is a leading producer with standards equal to those of the FDA. Perhaps the standards are similar, but I’d say the single largest problem we found was the Indian government’s ability to enforce quality compliance in pharma manufacturing, which is partly why there exists so much variability in the quality of meds coming out of India.

UncleHorace

As far as trusting meds given the region, I’d say it depends on the type of medication, but I’ve had the most consistently excellent experiences with vendors based in Eastern Europe - namely, Serbia.

smott999

Lapsed Senior Member
I’d be exceedingly cautious buying anything from India. I’ve been over several times and my mates there tell me counterfeit - anything, not just meds - is an enormous industry. Literally everything from Pepsi Cola to baby powder. Do be careful.

Azzamean

Honorable member
I haven't really been impressed with anything I personally have gotten from India... Unless it is an item that is more naturally found over there, or cost for real is cheap enough for no need to fake, then nah... Just my personal experience mind you so absolutely a tiny fraction of the overall market.

phatboy

for the most part i trust.. also depending on the vendor makes a huge difference

fatalframe

Eminent member
I would never order from India. Firsyly it would be i tercepted anyway and secondly I am biased and think these vendors mainly sell bathtub meds whivh may contain God knows what

calgal99

Eminent member
I've had really good luck with my antidepressant (non-benzo) from a couple of places, roughly as cheap as my copays would be if I went to a Dr. here, with less hassle. And I haven't had anything intercepted, although it is possible that customs might just let my stuff in anyway, as it's not recreational. But that's just my own experience.

Taizen1992

Lapsed Senior Member
As others have said, my Tramadol orders have all been fine. There was one that would give me slight headaches but still worked. Otherwise, I have had no issues with their meds. That being said, I haven't ordered anything beyond Tramadol.

tony1

Website Representative
I think as with any purchase on the internet you have to make sure who you are dealing with. As the saying goes "if it is too good to be true then it probably isn't". Don't always look for the cheapest options and contact the site to find out what generic brand they are offering. Also if a site has been around for a long time then that is also another criteria. There are many well known Indian brands available that are both good quality and reasonably priced (if compared to EU or N. America).