Domestic package sent to Chicago International Distribution Facility????

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

elmerlin

I have ordered from C&S for a while from his "warehouse" with no issues. It usually arrives in 2-3 days max. My order that I placed last week made it's way to the Chicago International Dist Center with no previous scans. Usually there is a acceptance scan and it is scanned through the North Houston Mail Facility. Why would a domestic package make it's way to the Chicago International Dist Center? Isn't that just for international mail? Am I screwed, LL in my future? I see from searching on the internet that Chicago is known as a "black hole" for mail. I'm wondering if there is some kind of issue going on. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

auburnfan123

Honorable member
all should be good4u. give it a couple days. :) no reason to get LL unless it crosses borders.

Sling Man

all should be good4u. give it a couple days. :) no reason to get LL unless it crosses borders.
They do give out domestic LL's. It's rare, but it does happen. A few years back a few people on here got one during a mass seizure of SY vendors and another vendor. It's probably not this and don't want to freak out OP, I just want to point out that it can happen. As far as the no scans, I have had wonky tracking on a lot of regular packages this past month. Some took odd detours. Two weeks ago I sent a Priority(2-3 day) birthday gift to a family member. It took 5 days to get there with only 3 scans. My local PO arrival, recipent PO arrival, and package delivered. There's usually 6 scans in between like in and out of the regional distribution centers.

elmerlin

It's now about 72 hours since it scanned into the Chicago International Distribution Facility with no apparent movement. I agree with @Sling Man that the USPS tracking has been a bit wonky lately, but 72 hours sitting in a facility is a bit long, IMHO. I'm starting to get a bit concerned and am wondering if I should contact C&S for a replacement or just wait it out. Ugh.......

Sling Man

It's now about 72 hours since it scanned into the Chicago International Distribution Facility with no apparent movement. I agree with @Sling Man that the USPS tracking has been a bit wonky lately, but 72 hours sitting in a facility is a bit long, IMHO. I'm starting to get a bit concerned and am wondering if I should contact C&S for a replacement or just wait it out. Ugh.......
Any update?

smott999

Lapsed Senior Member
There have been many changes to usps to lower efficiency, sorting machines taken out of Svc and so on.

I have ordered from C&S for a while from his "warehouse" with no issues. It usually arrives in 2-3 days max. My order that I placed last week made it's way to the Chicago International Dist Center with no previous scans. Usually there is a acceptance scan and it is scanned through the North Houston Mail Facility. Why would a domestic package make it's way to the Chicago International Dist Center? Isn't that just for international mail? Am I screwed, LL in my future? I see from searching on the internet that Chicago is known as a "black hole" for mail. I'm wondering if there is some kind of issue going on. Thanks in advance!
its not going through customs. thats just the scan that always shows for the main chicago distribution center. you are right about it being a black hole. this facility is notorious for late or missing packages. since its domestic its not going through customs though, thats just the scan that shows for the main distribution center in chicago as its likely the same distribution center where ISC chicago is located.