• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Effective Lorazepam (Ativan) brands

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

morphosis

Lapsed Senior Member
Most of us know that a products efficacy is highly dependant on its manufacture, and I'm looking for the one of the *best* manufactures of this product available from an iop. And after doing a ton of reading looking for some direction, it seems that most people here aren't huge fans of Ativan.. So hopefully I get at least get a few responses.

Personally I like Ativan in certain situations, like the nights where the anxiety is uncontrollable and I need to sleep. I find it's a good two bird with one stone med for that. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any Ativan from an iop that is on par (or even close) with the Ativan I received from my pharmacy.

So, my question is, for those that like Ativan, whether it's daily or occasionally, what is your favourite brand(s)?

Thanks.

H20shed65

Famous PRer
Hi @morphosis

You always take a chance with any IOP as meds can be easily counterfeited. I have never ordered this med from any IOP but have used the Mylan Brand many years ago for insomnia from time to time. The FDA reports that the following manufacturers are licensed to make and sell Lorazepam in the US. As to which is better, I couldn't possibly even guess. You will doubtless find many other manufacturers that make this drug worldwide as well, but this list is of FDA approved manufacturers who make and distribute this within the US.

Good Luck!
H20 :)

Hospira Worldwide
Watson Pharmaceuticals
Baxter Healthcare
Akorn, Inc.
Bedford Laboratories
Teva Pharmaceuticals
Ivax Corporation
Actavis Elizabeth
Mylan Pharmaceuticals
Sandoz Pharmaceuticals
Major Pharmaceuticals
Apotheca
Mutual Pharmaceutical
Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals.

Lizzie Lou

Eminent member
Hi @morphosis

You always take a chance with any IOP as meds can be easily counterfeited. I have never ordered this med from any IOP but have used the Mylan Brand many years ago for insomnia from time to time. The FDA reports that the following manufacturers are licensed to make and sell Lorazepam in the US. As to which is better, I couldn't possibly even guess. You will doubtless find many other manufacturers that make this drug worldwide as well, but this list is of FDA approved manufacturers who make and distribute this within the US.

Good Luck!
H20 :)

Hospira Worldwide
Watson Pharmaceuticals
Baxter Healthcare
Akorn, Inc.
Bedford Laboratories
Teva Pharmaceuticals
Ivax Corporation
Actavis Elizabeth
Mylan Pharmaceuticals
Sandoz Pharmaceuticals
Major Pharmaceuticals
Apotheca
Mutual Pharmaceutical
Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals.

HA!!!! LOVE the signature!!

Heinz

Distinguished member
I too am a fan of Ativan. I'm kind of the opposite of a lot of people, K-pins and Xans are my least favorite (that I've tried), and I prefer Diazepam or Lorazepam.

Anyway onto the question.. I am prescribed Ranbaxy .5 mg and think that they are OK. I can't remember what the first generic brand I used to get a couple years ago (but I believe it started with an "M"), so likely the Major or Mutual that are found on @H20shed65's list. I thought those were more effective than the Ranbaxy.

As far as IOP brands, I've tried the Blistered Pakistani "Wyeth" 2 mg Ativan and they were garbage. Crumbly, faded/barely readable imprint, and felt nothing at 1 mg (my usual effective dose), and stumbly/drunk at the full 2 mg dose. Something seemed off with them and I am still hanging onto one that I'm contemplating sending into ecstasydata.org, just to see if there is any other active ingredient in them.

Wyeth Ativan 2.5mg from Argentina.. these were really good IMO. Big, yellow, unmarked, scored on one side. High quality.

FABLE

Distinguished member
As far as IOP brands, I've tried the Blistered Pakistani "Wyeth" 2 mg Ativan and they were garbage. Crumbly, faded/barely readable imprint, and felt nothing at 1 mg (my usual effective dose), and stumbly/drunk at the full 2 mg dose. Something seemed off with them and I am still hanging onto one that I'm contemplating sending into ecstasydata.org, just to see if there is any other active ingredient in them.
I really want to know if you are talking about this brand, as I received them & am unsure what to do with them until further studying & readings.
Ativan 2 (Lorazepam 2mg) Wyeth (bk).jpg
Ativan 2 (Lorazepam 2mg) Wyeth (fr).jpg

Last edited:

Heinz

Distinguished member
I really want to know if you are talking about this brand, as I received them & am unsure what to do with them until further studying & readings.
72fy90e2d

5b3282e29

Hi, I'm sorry but I can't see the pics. Try uploading them to the site.

Roz

Renowned member
For those who are seniors there's a highly touted brand from East EU called KRKA sp?

In the USA, they used to have Wyeth (white with a big A on them).
I think Wyeth has been merged with another big pharma probably Pfizer/Merck.

Last edited:

Hadora

Banned
if you want to order anxiolytics online better order etizolam, for me it's work equal or better than lorazepam

Heinz

Distinguished member
Yeah man, mine also came as extras, but from India. Reposted those photos.
Yours look different, at least the blister certainly does. Yours also seem to be darker yellow but that could just be the lighting.

Brak

Exalted member
I love ativan for my GAD. If that's what you have, then try it. If you wanna get high, it's not for you.

I recently got some Genus 2,5mg. It works great for me. Sourced in GB and manufactured in Deutschland. Pro packaging, scored for breaking in half, tiny little yellow caplets (not capsules).

And I would imagine the real US made Wyeth would be great. I would love me some of that if it weren't so hard to find and expensive when found. I got some Indian Wyeth and Intas coming from reputable IOP so I'll try those and report back in a week or two if you remember to bug me. And now someone will say Indian loraz is weak. Sure sure.

- - - Updated - - -

@FABLE, pretty sure these are the ones I'm talking about: Lorazepam - WYETH | Pharmer.org

Note: I did not, and will never order from PK, these came as samples with an order from elsewhere (that I cannot mention in the open forum)

This is what I used to get from my now darksider IOP that I can't mention, but I found aside from the crumbly quality you spoke of, they were fine for me and no different than USA generics that I had to use one time when I tapered off after running out. I did always wonder why they weren't coated better and found that a bit fishy, but they were working and felt like any other loraz I'd used, and I got by with those as needed for a long time. But those days are gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Yours look different, at least the blister certainly does. Yours also seem to be darker yellow but that could just be the lighting.

No his are the Indian Wyeth. They look different, and more professional than the Paki stuff we had. I have some of same on the way, and could compare packaging and pills then.

Brak

Exalted member
View attachment 14557
View attachment 14558

This is what I ended up getting and also Cipla for comparison....haven't tried either yet but the pills are legit looking and the back of my blisters are identical to your photo down to the mfg date and exp date ...eerie!

The pills are "sunset yellow" as stated on the pack but to my eyes that means very light orange, very pretty in fact.

Brak

Exalted member
@FABLE

I tried them and they're definitely Lorazepam and they're quite good so if the pills are light orange, round, say Wyeth on one side and have one score on the back you've got the real Indian Wyeth.

I noticed these and the Larpose from Cipla both have a dark coating on the blisters and it must be because on the back it says to keep them away from light sources. Probably a good idea for all meds. And humidity, high temps so keep them out of your bathroom cabinet!!! :)

FABLE

Distinguished member
Thanks Googootz, I think I might give them a try soon. I've been keeping them in the fridge in a box (out-of-light). On the other hand I heard Vals don't keep well cold & are better stored @room temp, out-of-light, and in glass. Vals / Diaz's will seep through plastic (so I've heard/read), so those blisters they come in should be removed & then stored in a glass bottle or jar. Maybe that's why some get to the point of being bunk(ish)! Anyhow man, way off-topic there. Thanks again for the info, as now I feel a little more confident in the product.

Brak

Exalted member
Thanks Googootz, I think I might give them a try soon. I've been keeping them in the fridge in a box (out-of-light). On the other hand I heard Vals don't keep well cold & are better stored @room temp, out-of-light, and in glass. Vals / Diaz's will seep through plastic (so I've heard/read), so those blisters they come in should be removed & then stored in a glass bottle or jar. Maybe that's why some get to the point of being bunk(ish)! Anyhow man, way off-topic there. Thanks again for the info, as now I feel a little more confident in the product.

I don't use vals much, but that is some really good info for me to put in the memory bank so I thank you as well. I would have had no clue that they don't get along with cold or plastic. Cheers!

Brak

Exalted member
Okay I can verify the Larpose-2 from Cipla is just as good as the Indian Wyeth which were better than the old Paki Wyeth Ativan I used to get for all those years. I wouldn't hesitate to go with it as a cheaper alternative if that's what anybody is looking for.

FABLE

Distinguished member
@FABLE

I tried them and they're definitely Lorazepam and they're quite good so if the pills are light orange, round, say Wyeth on one side and have one score on the back you've got the real Indian Wyeth.

I noticed these and the Larpose from Cipla both have a dark coating on the blisters and it must be because on the back it says to keep them away from light sources. Probably a good idea for all meds. And humidity, high temps so keep them out of your bathroom cabinet!!! :)

I most def agree, they are legit. Chilled me out. :cool:

Heinz

Distinguished member
Anyone have experience with Tranqipam? Curious how effective it may be. Reviews seem to be mixed from what I've read.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks