• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

EMS Is it really worth the extra price?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

QVC1212

Banned
There is disagreement amongst whether EMS raises red flags or not. No scientific research has been conducted on this topic, for obvious reasons. But the logic of a former member who is on vacation, a well-respected and highly-esteemed member, believed anything that was designated as "priority", "overnight", "express" or otherwise attached special significance to it would raise red flags. If your parcel has contents which are well-concealed, assuming what I think they are, then you have no reason to worry about EMS. However, if the vendor has a reputation for not disguising the contents, then EMS is NOT the way to go as it will get extra attention. Think about it---they're in a hurry to get it to where it's supposed to go, so they're focus is on that, and not on regular mail.

As to your question as to whether it's worth the extra money, that's an individual decision based on your personal finances and the price of EMS. How much extra for EMS are we talking about here? If well-disguised, an extra $30 might be well worth it rather than waiting 3-4 weeks for an overseas parcel. EMS will still take 7-10 days from your order date, however, it is not Fedex. It sits on that boat for a few days, and only when it enters the states is it inspected rigorously by customs before being flown overnight to its destination (usually, one time it was missent to montana by mistake). So use your best judgment!

If you found this post helpful, please click on the thumbs up on the bottom right hand corner of the page.

islode

Lapsed Senior Member
@likeabirdwhoflew it depends on the vendor. but ems is suppose to get it to you quicker. so when you find a vendor you like make sure to review how the shipping times go. my india package came within a few weeks regular mail while my pakistan came in much quicker ems.

take macromass. it really is a wing and a payer. his shipping times are so long that its tempting to pay more but his packaging is supposedly hit or miss so there is the kicker.

Last edited:

shilly_shillson

Lapsed Senior Member
I agree that EMS is definitely worth it only with well-concealed contents. Other than that, your package might as well have a giant "inspect me please!" sticker on it. My friend received about 4 EMS packages from his source in about a 2month span with no problems.

RxGuru09

Lapsed Senior Member
O.k., I'm just gonna offer my own experience on EMS delivery. For the record I am the owner of my own online pharmacy but i'm just posting this to give you my experience with EMS in the event someone might find it useful information. I'm not trying to hype my own site or anything.

In my opinion EMS is quite reliable. The majority of the packages I've sent out reach their destination at least within the estimated timeframe of 3-7 days. However, the reason I don't say it's 100% reliable is because there have been just a few times in which EMS packages have taken more than 1 week to reach their destination. Probably a hold up at customs or something. And I have had 1 EMS package that took more than 2 weeks to arrive, although that was right around the Christmas holiday so i'm pretty sure that was the reason for the delay.

On the flip-side, i've had a few Registered Priority Airmail packages reach their destination in pretty much the same time as it would take an EMS package to arrive, which is kinda strange considering EMS is supposed to be faster than Priority Airmail. But this has only happened a few times.

Regarding customs, this is my experience:

USA - All EMS packages I've sent have made it through (knock on wood).
Canada - I've sent 2 EMS packages to Canada. 1 made it through and 1 was rejected. So it's a 50/50 shot.
Australia - I've sent 1 EMS package and it made it through. Not enough to really establish a success rate though.
UK - Same as Australia. I've sent 1 EMS package and it made it through but not enough to establish a success rate.

The price for EMS is of course more expensive. Where I do business (Thailand) it costs from $27 and up (depending on weight) to send an EMS package to the USA. Canada starts at $30, the UK starts at $32, and Australia starts at $22.

Regarding controlled substances, I have no idea if they would make it through customs using EMS because I don't ship these types of medications out.

With EMS packages, it's required that the sender list the contents of the package. Some online pharmacies list the actual contents, other's list something like "birthday gift" or "souvenirs" or some other random thing. Personally i'm not sure how effective this is. I mean, if customs wants to inspect it they are going to inspect it. But of course if the online pharmacy writes "DRUGS" as the contents then yeah, it's gonna raise some red flags. You should ask your online pharmacy what they list the contents as if they are going to send it though EMS.

So, all in all I think if you are receiving non controlled substances and less than a three month supply of medications from abroad, EMS is a pretty reliable way to get them quickly.

Last edited:

Magician

Distinguished member
That's some really great inside information, RxGuru09. I appreciate your candid remarks. I've only used airmail, because I could tolerate a few weeks of waiting, although certain vendors had their product to me within 2 weeks even via airmail.

Some buyers are very impatient and expect immediate service, as if they were ordering a pizza for 30-minute dleivery, but that is counterbalanced by some OLPs which are unreliable at best, and scams at worst. The ones who keep making promises that go unfulfilled, as they attempt to push the customer past the chargeback window of the credit card, or who got their WU money and just are trying to hold out for as long as possible to scam as many more people as possible before the word gets out.

RxGuru09

Lapsed Senior Member
Thanks @Magician. Appreciate the complement.

By the way, below is what an EMS slip looks like, at least the ones in Thailand.

Last edited:

Ughhhh

In my experience, EMS took same amount of time, maybe a day or 2 shorter, but you have to sign for EMS, and to me, is much more subject to inspection by postal workers. I'd rather wait the extra day or 2.

QVC1212

Banned
EMS is like hanging a big red flag on your package that says "inspect me!" having said that I've used it with my regular vendor for a couple of years with no problem. Of course, my stuff is so well disguised that it would defeat any inspection so I'm not afraid of inspection. if your stuff isn't well-disguised, I'd stay the hell away from EMS.

wanderer8118

One thing to consider with EMS shipping is that if you are doing overnight as opposed to say ground shipping. The overnight package my receive more attention but it is in the system for a much shorter time period. While the ground package is in the system for days or weeks, that is just more time for something to go wrong or be noticed by the wrong person. I personally have everything containing meds shipped by the fastest possible way if I can so afford at the time.

lathamsilver

I agree with Naz, the idea of it seems to scream "red flag". I've always avoided it, so I don't have any personal experience to draw from, just my gut feeling I guess.

bobloblaw

I would have to also agree with both of the posters above. I ordered EMS shipping from generic4all.com and it took a full two weeks for my package to arrive. That is pretty similar to the time that it would have taken had I not paid the extra $25, and had just ordered standard shipping. Really, the only difference in my opinion is that EMS provides you a tracking number, but since USPS is pretty bad at updating tracking numbers, I think it just creates more of a headache. Therefore, if I were you I would just save my money and get regular shipping, and try to plan your orders in advance.

ytn

ive ordered with ems with unitedpharmacies and it was worth the extra money came real quick altho im from uk so not much customs hold up slowing things down like you USA lot

icyred64

Lapsed Senior Member
Well if your in canada it is NOT work EMS. I tried from 2 different sites and both replied to me that i can get extra pills for the price i paid for EMS but they will not ship EMS to CANADA cause of customs are even MORE stingy with EMS Packages then standard. so its not worth that extra money for them to have to reship EMS if it gets busted more.

SpaceMatters

Renowned member
Does EMS delivery on Saturdays? I would prefer M - F deliveries if I were to order as it would be easier to sign. Also, does EMS get turned over to fed-x? I am not familiar w/how EMS works.

Anybody know?

Bananastickers

Distinguished member
No Fireplaces, they came USPS for me.

I've only done a meager 3 international orders, 1 ems, 2 standard. They were all opened, restickered & sent through. The quickest was the non ems one but keep in mind I am pretty unlucky with shipping time. Hope this helps.

RxGuru09

Lapsed Senior Member
Well if your in canada it is NOT work EMS. I tried from 2 different sites and both replied to me that i can get extra pills for the price i paid for EMS but they will not ship EMS to CANADA cause of customs are even MORE stingy with EMS Packages then standard. so its not worth that extra money for them to have to reship EMS if it gets busted more.

Agreed. I had one package I sent to Canada through EMS get rejected, so I stopped sending EMS there.

Does EMS delivery on Saturdays? I would prefer M - F deliveries if I were to order as it would be easier to sign. Also, does EMS get turned over to fed-x? I am not familiar w/how EMS works.

Anybody know?

EMS is it's own service. It doesn't get turned over to FedEx or UPS or any other 3rd party carrier like that.

I believe EMS packages are handled by the federal postal service for whatever country it's going to. So if it's going to the US then it gets handled by the USPS, if to the UK it gets handled by the Royal Mail Service and so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks