• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Explaining reputation scores

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
[Post rewritten in August 2020 following the move to new forum software. The replies you see in the thread below before may not be relevant if they were posted before August 2020.]

All about reputation......

The colored "pips" below each member's username, next to or above each post, show that member's reputation score.

Each of the dark green reputation pips
green.gif
equals 25 reputation points.
Once you have 5 dark green pips you move on to light green pips.

Each of the light green reputation pips
greenh.gif
equals 50 reputation points.
Once you have 5 light green pips you move on to yellow pips.

Each of the yellow reputation pips
yellow.gif
equals 100 reputation points.
Once you have 5 yellow pips you move on to blue pips.

Each of the blue reputation pips
blue.gif
equals 250 reputation points.
Once you have 5 blue pips you move on to ruby pips.

Each of the ruby reputation pips
ruby.gif
equals 500 reputation points.
Once you have 5 ruby pips you move on to another color.

You can see other member's or your own reputation score if you click on the username or avatar. It will be displayed on the pop up information panel, on the right side.

How reputation scores are calculated:

New members start with 0 reputation points.

- Each time someone reacts with 'like' or 'Haha' on one of your posts you get +1 reputation point
- Each time someone reacts with 'Helpful' or 'Love' post rating button on one of your posts you get +2 reputation points.

reaction_scores_list.png

Forum members can give out a maximum of 30 reactions per day.

Only registered forum members can hit the buttons, guests cannot.

Admission to the restricted area

You will need 60 posts, a reputation score of 50, and to have been a member for at least 1 month. Once you meet all these criteria you will gain access automatically (the system updates accounts every 5 minutes).

Any forum member who achieves a reputation score of 1,000 or more will become a lifelong member of the Senior Member's Area. Senior Members with reputation scores of between 50 and 1,000 have to post once every 90 days minimum to keep their Senior Member status.

Last edited:

lseven7

Banned
So in other words, no matter how "helpful" I am, I am completely dependant on others who may or may not decide to 'like' me or find me 'helpful'. I am not in control of my own destiny on this board. Can I post sources that are not presently listed? How would I know if they are already posted in the 'secret' forum? As a new member, I really like it here, but the hierarchy is very confusing.

Bananastickers

Distinguished member
@drboris, like button & new scoring are awesome. Thanks for your hard work.
@lseven7, don't worry about the restricted area so much. You might be let down when you get there. Most of the info is already mentioned here or there is the open forum anyway & when the time comes people are usually good about looking over others posts to give a 'helpful'

Mecha

Slave to Magic Wand Lady
Yes I agree, I find on most forum the open sections will give you more information on any forum. They are well established with good, recent information. I find the open sections more informative than the closed part of a forum. You are in good company.

Keith K Stone

Renowned member
So in other words, no matter how "helpful" I am, I am completely dependant on others who may or may not decide to 'like' me or find me 'helpful'. I am not in control of my own destiny on this board. Can I post sources that are not presently listed? How would I know if they are already posted in the 'secret' forum? As a new member, I really like it here, but the hierarchy is very confusing.

Yes, you are pretty much dependent on others to rate your posts. If your posts are helpful, believe me other member will give you the credit that you deserve.
Yet you really do control your own destiny by what you post. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to list new sources that are not presently listed. New info is always good. If it is in the restricted area you will be notified of your post being moved to that area. You would have no way of knowing it was listed there, if you don't have access. We are all glad that you like it here and will become a helpful, contributing member. As far as finding things being confusing, just go with the flow. things will look better to you in no time at all.

Last edited:

MNLady

Honorable member
@drboris--As a new member of PR (but not even close to new in posting on these types of boards), I REALLY appreciate having everything laid out for me like this. I can say that I understand almost all of it and what I might not totally get is so minimal that it doesn't really matter.

I like it here. A lot. Everything here so far reminds me of the way DB was at it's best. That is, there is all the helpful, informative posts and a place for random off-topic things and the feeling that you can make some nice online friends here (as I had at DB), but I haven't seen very much or any of the scamming/otherwise just icky posts from people who register, post for a day or two frantically (bordering on innappropriate at times), and then disappear.

@lseven--I don't think you will need to worry too much about the "helpful" thing. I've only been here a couple of days and already have had several posts marked helpful. I believe most everyone here understands that if they find a post helpful, they should rate it because that is how this board is set up--on reputation points. By taking off the limit of 5 posts per day (currently) you can mark as helpful will help too.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I made another small change so that now the most helpful post of each thread will be highlighted with a yellow background.

Thanks all for the feedback. The like button seems to be working OK so far.

Jolie

Honorable member
Yes, you are pretty much dependent on others to rate your posts...Yet you really do control your own destiny by what you post.

I totally agree with @Keith K Stone. Technically, yes, you are dependent on others to rate you helpful. However, you control what you post and if you put the time and effort to be truly helpful, you'll get the ratings soon enough!

I think I got my first 5 with 48 hours of the rule initially being instituted because I went out of my way to find threads that I knew I had a lot of info and knowledge about. I also went out of my way to find the correct answers to questions I was unsure about. Also, I posted new thread topics regarding things that I thought others would find helpful. For example, I posted a Pain Killer Comparison Chart and a thread about topical painkillers.

You'll be all set if you put in the effort.

toela65

I really like this setup and think it will bring a lot of positives to the forum especially with the incentive for posters to try and be helpful etc.

I have only just got here but already the forum seems like DB but with many improvements. Its like DB at its very best but then better still. I love the way everyone is so friendly, caring and helpful. I would just like to give a big thank you to everyone involved with getting this forum going and building it to where it is today. You should all be very proud.

I am new to the forum and have been out of the IOP business for well over a year and I am also from the UK. I suppose at the moment I will struggle to be able to give many helpful posts as I won't have the knowledge that others have yet so I will have to try and find some other way of positively contributing to the forum.

Again, many thanks to all who made this forum possible. No doubt you have helped many many people who will be very grateful.

Bellavista44

Lapsed Senior Member
Thank you @drboris. I told you my posting would lighten up once I feel @ home. I came back and saw things changed. Thanks for satisfying the queries on this topic!

Also, I thought when a moderator gave a helpful post rating, that is worth more points. True or untrue?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks