• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Explaining reputation scores

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Karebear1163

Honorable member
the like and helpful buttons do not work on the mobile version, @tommygun. a fix is in the works. pips and post numbers have never shown on mobile.

This is kind of a bummer because from what I can tell, I should be above what I need in reputation points, however I only have 8. Sad face... =( I am just learning how things work here, so I appreciate all of the information. Night everyone! I'll keep working towards somehow getting my reputation points up!

Karebear1163

Honorable member
Kind of a stupid question, but what does it mean when an entire post is on yellow? Is this a post from a moderator? Or is it a post that is highly liked or helpful?

turnery

Banned
Kind of a stupid question, but what does it mean when an entire post is on yellow? Is this a post from a moderator? Or is it a post that is highly liked or helpful?

I was reading that if a post is yellow highlight them it is the most helpful post in on that thread. I guess the one that has got the most likes, it was saying I think.

Last edited:

Delightful_Destruction

Lapsed Senior Member
I have found that other members are more inclined to hit that like or that helpful button on your post especially because they are also dependant on those ratings. Maybe not all the time, but definitely on threads where you have ordered from a vendor and update regularly.

Denman

Eminent member

A post will become highlighted when it receives at least 5 "Helpful" ratings. I suppose the idea is to help draw ones attention to an important or useful post. it can be very helpful if you're one who just skims threads for example, it may help give an idea of which posts or more relevant.

I just like it cause I get that warm fuzzy feeling when I see my posts highlighted. Just to remind me I'm special :giggle:

Hope that helps @Wendyanne too :)
Den

Wendyanne

Distinguished member
@Denman

Wow, nice work. I would not have guessed anything even remotely close to that.

Honestly, I thought it was just the poster’s preference for either, esthetic purposes or to gain the readers attention, like one “ big-ass “bold post”

I just woke up and already learned something new. Feeling like hope for whatever you’re wishes are - will make thier way to Denman and all members alike :)

Have a great day all!

A post will become highlighted when it receives at least 5 "Helpful" ratings. I suppose the idea is to help draw ones attention to an important or useful post. it can be very helpful if you're one who just skims threads for example, it may help give an idea of which posts or more relevant.

I just like it cause I get that warm fuzzy feeling when I see my posts highlighted. Just to remind me I'm special :giggle:

Hope that helps @Wendyanne too :)
Den

Last edited:

McChrystals_Pistol

Lapsed Senior Member
The rules are pretty frustrating if you are a new member, but I get the feeling I’ll appreciate them so much
once I get senior status....

Does the user receive a notification if they get an infraction, and their reputation score is reduced?

H20shed65

Famous PRer
The rules are pretty frustrating if you are a new member, but I get the feeling I’ll appreciate them so much
once I get senior status....

Does the user receive a notification if they get an infraction, and their reputation score is reduced?

Yes. Anytime a Moderator has an issue with anything you do or post they will always notify you exactly what the issue was and if there is any penalty, they would let you know that as well.

Remember too that if any other Member Reports a Post of yours or the System Flags it, no matter the reason, it will immediately disappear until a Moderator has a chance to review it. Once that happens, you will always be notified of what the outcome was and wether your post was Deleted or Restored. So don’t worry if you notice a post or two suddenly disappear, the Moderators will eventually get to it , and you will always be notified of the outcome.

Trust me, as long as you’re not asking for sources, shilling, mentioning Senior Section Vendors in the General Forum and don’t start Flame Wars, you’ll be just fine. :)

snowy

Renowned member
Yes. Anytime a Moderator has an issue with anything you do or post they will always notify you exactly what the issue was and if there is any penalty, they would let you know that as well.

Remember too that if any other Member Reports a Post of yours or the System Flags it, no matter the reason, it will immediately disappear until a Moderator has a chance to review it. Once that happens, you will always be notified of what the outcome was and wether your post was Deleted or Restored. So don’t worry if you notice a post or two suddenly disappear, the Moderators will eventually get to it , and you will always be notified of the outcome.

Trust me, as long as you’re not asking for sources, shilling, mentioning Senior Section Vendors in the General Forum and don’t start Flame Wars, you’ll be just fine. :)

Trust you? :giggle:

davidpaul

Banned

@H20shed65

Hey,I noticed every time I post after you my score does reduce, and then there is a pm in my inbox that has a warning not to mess with you, what kind of a mod are you anyway? I'm not trying to say you are biased or think too highly of yourself because I can't afford to lose any more points over this post. I gotta get away from this area and move on to a 'meaningful place in the forum to post.

davidpaul

Banned
@davidpaul

Sorry for the delayed reply. I was right in the middle of COMPOSING A PM to DrB to reduce your Reputation Points to < -25,000 >
@H20shed65

I think I figured out how you got all those wonderful colors nobody else has, or ever will have. I think every time you get somebody's score deducted it gets added onto yours, that's got to be how you got all that gold and the triple crowns. I know I'll never ever see even a silver in this lifetime. If I keep posting around you I'll be wishing to see something green all over again, won't I?

Magically_delicious

Lapsed Senior Member
Wow a guide to the "pips"!

I will probably always be green, but that is absolutely OK with me!

I admire all those with rainbow colours, lol, it's very pretty to look at.

Thank you for this sticky.

Magically_delicious

pippi222

Honorable member
Forgive me if this has already been answered, but why is it that with some threads there’s no option to rate posts helpful, only like them?

Remi

Staff member
Forgive me if this has already been answered, but why is it that with some threads there’s no option to rate posts helpful, only like them?

Some of the off topic threads concerning religion, politics or any other subject where opinions can get heated, the "helpfuls"
can sometimes add fuel to the fire. Hope this helps.

Edit: I'd like to add that most of the off topic threads do not have "helpful" buttons.

Last edited:

Jazie

Exalted member
Some of the off topic threads concerning religion, politics or any other subject where opinions can get heated, the "helpfuls"
can sometimes add fuel to the fire. Hope this helps.

But, my views on Politics should always get Helpfuls! IMO, only ????

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks