• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Extended Release Morphine

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

mistressC

Lapsed Senior Member
Get this:
I looked up how long morphine stays in your system so that I could make sure it didn't show up when I was tested at PM. My script is for oxycodone, but I was given some 60 mg extended release morphine tablets by a friend to tide me over. The 10s I get don't always quite last. So, I took the morphine four days before the test. The research said three days should be enough for it to clear. Well, the test came back with the morphine - and high amounts! Over 2000 ng/l. Got me tossed.

Do you think it's because it was the extended release variety? Because I took 30 mg IR in the past with no issue, as long as it was more than three days before the test.

Little Alex

Honorable member
You obviously were not metabolizing it very fast. Morphine lasts a bit longer than oxy, but three days is very close. I imagine you could not take the pain/withdrawal and had no choice... sorry to hear they put you through this

A 60mg extended release morphine could last as long as 18 hours, Avinza is supposedly a once per day time release morphine product, that in theory would for sure load your body up a bit more than if it were just one dose.

Were you discharged with nothing?

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks