• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Favorite All Time Movies

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

phatboy

Honorable member
i always thought the best movie(s) ever made is the godfather 1 & 2

Bocanada

Batman the dark knight
Shawshank redemption
Spongebob first movie
Airplane!
The Matrix 1

And a few others can't remember at the moment. Not watching that many movies lately because tv shows are mich better entertainment.

theshahofiran

Honorable member
Am I in the minority by thinking most major release movies all suck now? Who wants to sit in a theater for that long? To watch propaganda from a failing industry? Good episodic 'TV' is so much better than cinema these days (as evidenced in the series-binging thread).

Isntiton

Hi ya'll, I'm new to this awesome site!

Some of my favorites are:
Vanilla Sky
Traffic
Blow
Forrest Gump
Truman Show
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (silly)
No Country for Old Men
The Lion King
Toy Story (remembering my childhood)

List goes on. I'm pretty simple when it comes to movies. I never really got into Classics, Westerns or Horror films but I'm so very open when someone shows me one that they love. I haven't watched a good movie in a while since I stay really busy yet a bit lonely at times. I enjoy watching movies with others. Sharing what little joy (or whatever emotion) there is, is one of life's perks I guess.

Treehiker

Honorable member
Big - Penny Marshall
Big Fish - Tim Burton
The Time Machine - George Pal
What Dreams May Come - Vincent Ward

amy43

Honorable member
Am I in the minority by thinking most major release movies all suck now? Who wants to sit in a theater for that long? To watch propaganda from a failing industry? Good episodic 'TV' is so much better than cinema these days (as evidenced in the series-binging thread).
@theshahofiran If you are in the minority, you are not alone. I was a big lover of films, good interesting dramas, with intrigue, suspense, story lines, twists, and characters. But it feels more and more, like a lot of the films seem to be repeats, and are no longer original in the way they used to be.
I have watched some good tv series, only to read that the show has been cancelled due to low ratings, because it is not making enough money apparently!

amy43

Honorable member
Big - Penny Marshall
Big Fish - Tim Burton
The Time Machine - George Pal
What Dreams May Come - Vincent Ward
The Time Machine is a great film. The original one though which is worth a look, and better than the remake.
Just him sitting watching time pass like lighting all around him, and the war comes and goes in seconds, and the houses rise up and crumble around him is compelling to watch. Made me reflect a lot about time and how quickly it passes yet seems to be going so slowly!

I liked Tim Burtons, The Corpse Bride, and The Nightmare before Christmas.
Also liked Big.

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
@theshahofiran If you are in the minority, you are not alone. I was a big lover of films, good interesting dramas, with intrigue, suspense, story lines, twists, and characters. But it feels more and more, like a lot of the films seem to be repeats, and are no longer original in the way they used to be.
I have watched some good tv series, only to read that the show has been cancelled due to low ratings, because it is not making enough money apparently!
Probably me just getting older; do prefer movies that challenge the status quo and involve a likeable anti-hero
Watched The Sting on rewind, have The Candidate qued up:)

amy43

Honorable member
Hi ya'll, I'm new to this awesome site!

Some of my favorites are:
Vanilla Sky
Traffic
Blow
Forrest Gump
Truman Show
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (silly)
No Country for Old Men
The Lion King
Toy Story (remembering my childhood)

List goes on. I'm pretty simple when it comes to movies. I never really got into Classics, Westerns or Horror films but I'm so very open when someone shows me one that they love. I haven't watched a good movie in a while since I stay really busy yet a bit lonely at times. I enjoy watching movies with others. Sharing what little joy (or whatever emotion) there is, is one of life's perks I guess.
I was struck by Vanilla Sky, and the idea of being watched in the Truman Show, and the main character only finding out at the end!
Toy Story, I liked, and they got darker as the films progressed. I have not seen the others, apart from Forrest Gump, which involved a lot of running and people asking him questions and a box of chocolates, which did not make it to the screen but had a memorable mention! :ROFLMAO:
šŸ™‚

amy43

Honorable member
My favorites are:
Shawshank Redemption
Witness
Oliver ( the 1963 musical).
I'm older love, Turner Classic Movie Channel
Bette Davis, All About Eve and Now Voyages
Too many to list.
I have seen most of these apart from 'Im older'.
Liked them all, the songs in Oliver are so catchy and I really liked the character of Nancy, and her courage in saving Oliver.
Bette Davis, in All about Eve' was a great performance. Especially the twist at the end was good.
Now Voyager takes me back. Another one which stays in the memory.
As does Shawshank Redemption.

SleeplessNight

Lapsed Senior Member
Everyone has said most of the classics so I'll go with some childhood movies and hard hitters instead

The Goonies - my absolute best childhood film. No matter how many times I watch this film it never gets old

Forest Gump - absolute classic

Saving private Ryan - what more is there to say, one of the best war movies ever made (along with black hawk down I think)

Toy Story - tell me someone who doesn't love it

Friday, Friday after next, next Friday - I can't get jiggy with this shit!

So many more but yeah there is a few gems I can rewatch over and over!

SleeplessNight

Lapsed Senior Member
@jacob_is_my_username I have never seen cloud atlas but considering how much you love it and taking about quotes (I love a good movie with some awesome life quotes šŸ˜) I think I might give it a watch today. I'll let you know what I think! Btw I think Tom hanks is an amazing actor.

jeopardyfan

Honorable member
I love love love all the Christopher Guest movies such as Spinal Tap, Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman and For Your Consideration and there is one more about Folk singers the name of which is slipping what is left of my mind!

Reactions: OTM
AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks