• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Favorite coffee?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

equinox

Honorable member
If I'm out and about, I'm a sucker for a Starbucks large latte. In a close 2nd place is a Caffe Nero latte.

I did have a phase of trying to like the small espressos but it didn't last. The bigger the better. And extra hot.

At home I can usually drink any decent quality granule coffee - but my weakness is a Bailey's Irish Cream top up instead of milk.

marymary

Lapsed Senior Member
My favorite is Dunkin. I buy the coffee and and make it at home and try to limit going to the drive thru to a couple of times a week.

Synecdoche

Exalted member
Suntory makes a canned coffee that’s pretty awesome. It’s too expensive, but sometimes goes on sale at Amazon. The best that is reasonable, is Starbucks Cold Brew Dark Caramel. Low sugar, no milk.

Synecdoche

Exalted member
Suntory makes a canned coffee that’s pretty awesome. It’s too expensive, but sometimes goes on sale at Amazon. The best that is reasonable, is Starbucks Cold Brew Dark Caramel. Low sugar, no milk.
The above is for home ordered use. Convenient, but not close to getting it at a store, fresh made.

Reactions: OTM

brother sebastian

Lapsed Senior Member
I like many kinds of coffee, but one type that my family especially likes is "Always Save" in the yellow can. You can get a big can (what used to be a 3 pound can) of it for about $5.00. My wife likes a very mild coffee, so this is what I make when she is going to be drinking it. I'll make a different brand of coffee if I want something more robust.

We like to watch the program "The Pioneer Lady" on the Food Network. On one episode they showed her shopping, and she was buying a half dozen big cans of Always Save Coffee. I thought, "She might be on to something...."

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
One kind of coffee is not worth the price is kopi luwak, got a small bag of it as a present and was looking forward to trying. good coffee but really nothing special.
This is the millionth post on the forum so @marcvasa wins 1,000 reputation points and consequently lifelong Senior Membership! :party:

I love how this forum has great threads about random subjects like this one! :)

bayram61

Lapsed Senior Member
An espresso shot from a random gas station anywhere in Italy! Believe me, it easily beats most artisan espresso shots we get in the US. Their standards are ridiculously high -- it's a combination of seriously good espresso machines and good beans. The best espresso I got in the US was from Intelligentsia. I hope they open up a branch in my city.

tycho

Honorable member
Well, pfffft, @bayram61 , an espresso shot anywhere in Italy is better than just about any coffee of any kind in the USA.

Having said that, although having myriad different kinds of coffee making devices (even a folding mini drip unit for backpack camping), a fine conical burr grinder and a 15-bar pump-driven Saeco espresso machine, my go-to is weirdly pre-ground Gevalia Columbian from the local supermarket. Always wonderfully rich. Never bitter. When I grew up and folks read magazines, I remember Gevalia advertising some kind of coffee-of-the-month club in the back of the magazine ads. They'd even throw in a super cheap coffee maker with your first order, or whatever.

Once, a number of years ago, I found them on the shelf at the local Jewel and bought some for fun. It was tasty. I went through several of their styles, and settled on the Columbian. I still brew in an old Krupps (sp?) cone drip unit that boils and drips into a big thermal carafe -- no heating element.

Not a fan of dark roast anything for a regular cup of coffee. For espresso/espresso-based drinks, I usually try to find a really good Sumatra bean and grind it a bit finer than normal.

bamorris

So I love cold brew, currently Stoks b/c I can buy in bulk, then I froth oat milk on top. It's my morning jam, and has been for 3 months now!

Reactions: OTM

tycho

Honorable member
Medium roast Kona Peaberry from KOA coffee company....it's been a special pandemic treat for Mr. Gram and I.
I've generally enjoyed all the Kona that I've sampled -- except for one that is in a bright blue bag. I know now to avoid it, but can't recall the name. Will post that if I stumble across it again.

candygram

Honorable member
Well, pfffft, @bayram61 , an espresso shot anywhere in Italy is better than just about any coffee of any kind in the USA.

Having said that, although having myriad different kinds of coffee making devices (even a folding mini drip unit for backpack camping), a fine conical burr grinder and a 15-bar pump-driven Saeco espresso machine, my go-to is weirdly pre-ground Gevalia Columbian from the local supermarket. Always wonderfully rich. Never bitter. When I grew up and folks read magazines, I remember Gevalia advertising some kind of coffee-of-the-month club in the back of the magazine ads. They'd even throw in a super cheap coffee maker with your first order, or whatever.

Once, a number of years ago, I found them on the shelf at the local Jewel and bought some for fun. It was tasty. I went through several of their styles, and settled on the Columbian. I still brew in an old Krupps (sp?) cone drip unit that boils and drips into a big thermal carafe -- no heating element.

Not a fan of dark roast anything for a regular cup of coffee. For espresso/espresso-based drinks, I usually try to find a really good Sumatra bean and grind it a bit finer than normal.
I am a card carrying member of the "Back of the magazine, free coffee maker club." I am going to keep a lookout for it at my local grocery store.

DrCrackPotz

Distinguished member
I used to have a home coffee roaster years ago. It was the size of toaster oven and you could roast a pound of coffee at a time. I definitely was spoiled having fresh roasted all the time and my house smelled awesome. The machine eventually burned out and I never replaced it. With how expensive coffee is getting I thought about looking into another one.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks