Favourite books, what are yours?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

drama84

George Orwell Animal farm and 1984 both are classics! If anyone wants help deciphering AF I have a website that tells the correlations between characters and real life ppl. Both are political reference stories that are hidden as a novel to show how dictators act in a more basic aproach with political symbolism for those who have no idea of them. 1984 was wrote in ww2 times (i think)about "big. Brother" taking over in the future (1984) but u would not believe the prophecies that came true about our lives now.it's scary.

jkmn23

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card is definitely one of my favorite books if you're into science fiction.

tommygun

Eminent member
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Had forgot about that book,was one of the first 'real' books i read when i was about 11,my mom used to have books lying around so i ended up reading them.
Read Helter skelter when i was about 12,read it quite a few times ,in the end i studied it as part of my english exam at school,had to give an aural speech about it,all the other kids in class got a lot more interested in what i had read than most of the other stuff that was being read and studied by the rest of my class.

Got a top grade in my English exam thanks to reading Helter Skelter.

fishbulb

Lapsed Senior Member
Anyone else into VC Andrews books? I read those when I was probably too young to be reading those, and they were just everything to me. My Sweet Audrina haunted me for years, and I'm still butthurt by how Lifetime butchered their movie version of the book.

diggitydawg

Lapsed Senior Member
Some of the most recent books I have read include "DMT The Spirit Molecule" by Rick Strassman, "Year of Living Biblically" by AJ Jacobs, and "My Stroke of Insight" by Jill Taylor. Jill Taylor also gives a really good Ted talk on the topic.

Through primary school I think I did about a half a dozen reports on "Island of the Blue Dolphins" by Scott O'Dell. When growing up I read anything and everything by Robin Cook, writes medical thrillers.

But my favorite book of all time is "Worlds in Collision" by Immanuel Velikovsky.

Jin

My two favourites are Harry Potter and Percy Jackson (so much nostalgia there)
I'm a massive fan of all of Shakespeare's works though, also had the privilege to act in most of his most famous ones and visit his theatre.

amy43

Honorable member
Enjoy psychology, poetry, science fiction, short stories, and reading about past poets. Elizabeth barrett browning and just finished a book about the women in Wordsworth, colridge and Southbys life.
Fascinating details of interations and relationships and the history made interesting reading. Wordsworth making his daughter write his words as he ate at the breakfast table, and Elizabeth barrett browning being pleased that her husband's beard growing back grey as revenge after a row being fascinating snippets of history and literature. A lot of mixed up souls struggling in another time which made me feel like I was there, so history also interests me. Now on the daughters of Colridge and Wordsworth who were troubled by their relationships with their fathers. Also The Ballad of Dorothy Wordsworth and the intense relationship and dependency she had with her brother was a brillant book, both in psychology and drama.
Also find personality problems and the way the psyche works fascinating, so I flip from modern day psychology to the life of the poets. Did also really love Terry Pratchett and the Harry Potter books.

amy43

Honorable member
Been reading previous posts and found a lot to think about and explore. Great topic.