Favourite Ice Cream?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Blue Flowers

Exalted member
I am not much of an ice cream eater except for the rare trip to Cold Stone Creamery....LOVE choc and peanut butter (heavy on the peanut butter). Baskin Robbins 31 flavors was even better but sadly I haven't seen a 31 Flavors for years :(. I do love my fro yo tho lol!

Last edited:

Lumo

Distinguished member
I don't have it too often, but when I do, it is normally something fruity such as fruits of the forest :)

toby

Eminent member
I don't have it too often, but when I do, it is normally something fruity such as fruits of the forest :)
Tell us more. I'm not familiar with this. Sounds like it could be delicious and exotic at the same time.

feisty

Distinguished member
Here in the states by Breyers called Gelato indulgence and the flavor is pistachio biscotti....OMG I am in heaven and just found it today and tried it
.....Yummmmmmmmm!!!!

Sheena

Exalted member
Culvers is the best! If I'm buying from the store then it's Breyer's Butter Pecan. :lovedup:

smo1959

Honorable member
We have a local dairy that has the most WONDERFUL ice cream! They even deliver locally. Their milk products are in old fashioned glass bottles... My favorite flavor (at the moment) is espresso chocolate chip! The blend of coffee flavor and crunchy chocolate is exquisite... :lovedup:

Lumo

Distinguished member
Tell us more. I'm not familiar with this. Sounds like it could be delicious and exotic at the same time.
There are various different ways of making it, but they all have a lot of berries in them, some mixed in to give a deep color (as in the pic below) and some where it is vanilla ice cream and berries, but only mixed a little so the ice cream is still mostly yellow. It generally has a slightly sharp taste rather than sweet, but sugar can always be added.

ndf7zbur.jpg

ThePoppaSmurf

Lapsed Senior Member
Not that this is what this thread is aimed at, lol, but for anyone that wants some good guilt-free ice cream from time to time Halo Top is actually excellent. I mean, it isn't as good as the real deal, but you'd be surprised just how good it really is. They have a ton of flavors now. I really like Birthday Cake.

As far as another great brand, Graeters. It isn't every where from what I've heard from friends that live elsewhere but it is carried in most Kroger groceries.

Spain

Lapsed Senior Member
I love ice cream but do not eat it that often. I used to buy those large tubs you put in the freezer but I would end up eating the whole tub in one sitting and feel sick. So now I do not have ice cream in the house. But as I live near a shop I can just walk up there and buy one ice cream. I normally buy a Magnum. I love the dark chocolate ones.

DulyNoted

Exalted member
I never eat the homemade pistachio, coffee royale, peach or black raspberry that the shop in my hometown torturously advertises along with their occasional key lime!

dearie23

Distinguished member
I love a brand here called Cornetto or Drumstick. My fav of those is a honeycomb toffee flavour. Mmmmm. Drool. Also Magnums are delicious. I like the nut-type flavoured ones and ones with caramel.

I also love Ben & Jerry's. Pretty much all of them. Lol.

And for less fattening options, I love berry or apple gelato / gelati / sorbet (what is the difference!?)

Violets

Honorable member
Mine is probably my mum's homemade blackcurrant ice cream, but Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough for bought products.
Homemade blackcurrant?! That sounds heavenly! Is it more like an ice cream or a sorbet/sherbert?

My favorite kind of ice cream, hands down -- COOKIES & CREAM. Mmmm...

ArtyBowieFan

Lapsed Senior Member
Homemade blackcurrant?! That sounds heavenly! Is it more like an ice cream or a sorbet/sherbert?

My favorite kind of ice cream, hands down -- COOKIES & CREAM. Mmmm...
It's just homemade ice cream using fresh blackcurrants - very nice! She made a white chocolate one a few years ago.

Roz

Renowned member
Garlic at the Gilroy Garlic Festival. Don't knock it 'till you try it. It's good on refrigerated pasta, too. Just kidding.
Hehe.
I've been to that festival 3 times & had the garlic ice cream to boot.
Parking was a bummer & boy was it hot! Just can't stay away.
Ok back on topic, Chunky Monkey & Cookie Dough - Ben & Jerry's.

calgal99

Eminent member
Any kind of "real" ice cream that has toffee pieces in it. Limited to one scoop and only on birthdays (mine and anyone else's I can convince to have toffee chunk ice cream.) I have been disappointed to find that a lot of national/regional brands now sell "dairy dessert," which is Not. Ice. Cream. Reminds me of my childhood, many, many years ago, when we'd get "ice cream" in our school lunches, each slice wrapped in paper, that would not melt even if it sat on your tray down to room temperature - it was so full of stabilizers and other chemicals that it was sort of like a damp sponge. (Anyone else remember these, or am I getting so old I'm losing my mind? :wink: )

UFC123

Banned
I like anykind of pistachio ice cream with real pistachios in them,not the ones that put almonds instead of pistachios.Also New Orleans caramel and praline flavor,very good.As far as the ice cream shops Cold stones sweet cream is my favorite.:cool:

somuchforthat22

Lapsed Senior Member
probably haagan daaz, but i stay eating halo tops as i'm trying to lose 10 pounds. feels like i'm always trying to lose 10 pounds. on the topic of pistachi0, i tried halo tops's pistachio the other night... it literally has no pistachio in it, big disappointment.

Last edited:

blueboy

I like bacon ice cream we have local ice cream pallar that serves diffence type s of ice cream
Regards

CrayonBox

Distinguished member
Cappuccino chocolate crunch from Double Rainbow. They used to have toffee balls in them but they got cheap and now it’s more like toffee chips in them. Still yummy though and taste great as a milkshake too.