• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Fent or pharma?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

DeltaGee

The stupid things I did when I was younger are catching up with me. Concussions, broken bones, herniated discs, etc.. didn’t bother me too bad after the initial recovery’s, but now slowly resurfacing in all types of pain.
I’ve been on many opioids prescribed, although as we all know that’s getting harder and harder thanks to the good USA healthcare system, criminal justice system, social stigma, propaganda, and so on.
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on Fent. I see so many vendors selling extremely high priced pharma products, and so much resistance towards pressed pills. Of course the best thing in my opinion would be FDA approved fent patches or something of that nature, but why would you pay so much for a pharma pill when you could get a fent pill for a fraction of the cost, and it be multiple times more effective? Especially if you used proper harm reduction tactics and knew your source fairly well, and didn’t act like a stupid idiot? I just don’t understand the chastising of pressed fent, if used responsibly. Is it media fear mongering? Just people being stupid and od’ing because they got clean then went back to the same dosage they used to take and forgot what the meaning of tolerance was?
Just something that’s been on my mind, and the pressed meds seem to help a lot better for the pain, and for the wallet.

Snoopz

Smoke Weed Everyday Hay Hay
For me if i tried fent it would 100% kill me first time, My tolerance to opiates is so fucking stupid low lol, 5mg of vicodin is more then enough, 1/4 of a 5mg oxycodone is more then enough for me.

I really don't like pain meds so i don't really take them very often even tho i actually have a real need for them and save them for when i do really need em.. I just don't like em.

So for me Pharma all the way so i can dose accordingly.. usually in 1/2 lol

jaders

Exalted member
The issue for me is that a pressed fentanyl pill sounds too much like Russian roulette.

Have you ever seen this pic? It’s supposed to show what a deadly dose in comparison looks like.

I highly doubt anyone pressing fentanyl is using extremely accurate production techniques compared to what a legitimate pharmaceutical factory would use. And that’s what freaks me out. It only takes a little one way or the other.

I know nothing about how pressing actually goes on tho, but again I just don’t want to roll those dice.

I sure hope you are staying safe as well! I’d love to hear how you do that when dealing with pressed items? I’d love to save some money if I thought it wasn’t dangerous.

Attachments

pinkflower

Eminent member
Oh gosh, what @jaders said! Fentanyl is 100 times stronger than morphine! So can you imagine how little margin of error there would be in non-pharma dosing of it? I'm not anti-fent at all. My mum is very elderly and frail and has had fent administered by paramedics and in hospital and it is the one pain relief drug that actually works for her and that she tolerates very well, despite taking 2mg (prescribed) Clonazepam nightly. I would love it if there was a way she could have it at home but there isn't. I'm just trying to say that I am not anti Fent at all.

So yes, everything that @jaders said! I don't mean to sound scaremongering but pharma all the way as far as fent goes in my opinion. I'm not saying I actually know what I'm talking about but I just can't imagine illicit producers of it would have the highly refined production techniques needed, or frankly (being cynical here) care too much.

You have certainly been through the works though as far as injuries go. I've got an 80 year old neighbour who has fallen off high ship masts, plus had a whole other range of injuries (some incurred in drunken fights in various bars when he would go ashore when he was young) and broken bones. The stories he can tell! But he's fit as a fiddle! Goodness knows how!

DeltaGee

I agree, life is a game. The war on drugs is only people who profit are the elite with military industrial complex insider trading ties, and those who are closer to the money spigot (upper class). We can spend billions/trillions sending the unfortunate sons/daughters to battle for foreign regime change wars, drug wars, oil wars, but only hand out a $600 stimulus check to us, or our neighbors… I’m politically homeless and I’ll be honest, the past couple years have taken a toll on my sanity trying to understand this complex world, yet all you see in media is people trying to win their point in a 60 second time slot and creating massive division in the US. Complex issues take time to discuss, and I think if normal folks sat down together and could act rational, we’d agree on most things.

So who really gives a shit what drug you use, as long as your not harming anyone else. I completely agree with Doomkitty about not knowing what clandestine chemist might be cutting fent with, and it could be dangerous, but I’ve smoked metric tons of brick to S diesel for years not knowing what pesticides may be used, and I’ve taken nutritional supplements that aren’t fda approved, hell I boofed a kilo of dust pan Kratom before folks, I’m not ashamed!

As Puggrowth eluded too, the sharp rise in fent overdose could very well be tied to the fact that doctors are having their hands tied due to regs, and it’s getting harder to get meds. He also said “kids do drugs, and kids are broke” LOL. Funny thing is I get it, but then I grew up and realized “kids cost a shit ton of money, so I gotta shop wisely”.

smo1959

Honorable member
Fentanyl is FDA approved and in use especially for palliative care. We had fentanyl patches for my dad when he was dying of cancer - no bigger than an eraser on a pencil... When he passed, the first thing the hospice nurse did was take all of his pain meds and Ativan from the refrigerator and destroy it. Must have been policy. Anyway, I would not intentionally take street fentanyl. People are dying every single day. It just isn't worth the risk. Do people seriously go looking for fentanyl on the street? I have always assumed that people did not know what they were getting - ie, thought it was heroin or Vicodin or oxy, etc. What a mess.

jaders

Exalted member
Fentanyl is FDA approved and in use especially for palliative care. We had fentanyl patches for my dad when he was dying of cancer - no bigger than an eraser on a pencil... When he passed, the first thing the hospice nurse did was take all of his pain meds and Ativan from the refrigerator and destroy it. Must have been policy. Anyway, I would not intentionally take street fentanyl. People are dying every single day. It just isn't worth the risk. Do people seriously go looking for fentanyl on the street? I have always assumed that people did not know what they were getting - ie, thought it was heroin or Vicodin or oxy, etc. What a mess.

I’ve heard or read that when folks find out that the locals are selling heroin laced with fentanyl it’s actually MORE popular. And also that the “fake” oxy that’s actually fentanyl is in demand as it can be smoked in very small increments.

The security staff where I work told me that fentanyl is now added to meth as well to mimic the old “speedballs” which I believe were coke and heroin?

These are just things I’ve heard but have zero experience with myself.

They also use fentanyl in almost every single anesthesia procedure - animal surgeries too, from what I’ve read.

It’s another very useful drug but the biggest reason it’s so popular and also so dangerous is that it can be manufactured instead of “grown,” and I guess it’s cheap to make as well. Also it’s so potent but I guess it delivers the high rapidly and wears off just as fast.

You probably already know most of this too. It sure does sound dangerous tho.

jaders

Exalted member
Oh gosh, what @jaders said! Fentanyl is 100 times stronger than morphine! So can you imagine how little margin of error there would be in non-pharma dosing of it? I'm not anti-fent at all. My mum is very elderly and frail and has had fent administered by paramedics and in hospital and it is the one pain relief drug that actually works for her and that she tolerates very well, despite taking 2mg (prescribed) Clonazepam nightly. I would love it if there was a way she could have it at home but there isn't. I'm just trying to say that I am not anti Fent at all.

So yes, everything that @jaders said! I don't mean to sound scaremongering but pharma all the way as far as fent goes in my opinion. I'm not saying I actually know what I'm talking about but I just can't imagine illicit producers of it would have the highly refined production techniques needed, or frankly (being cynical here) care too much.

You have certainly been through the works though as far as injuries go. I've got an 80 year old neighbour who has fallen off high ship masts, plus had a whole other range of injuries (some incurred in drunken fights in various bars when he would go ashore when he was young) and broken bones. The stories he can tell! But he's fit as a fiddle! Goodness knows how!

Do they have fentanyl patches in your country? Those are actually fairly common in pain management for severe issues. I’ve known a couple of elderly folks who’ve worn them and they worked well.

CannabiNoid420

Nothing in life is above being honest - N.H
I learned a big opioid lesson years back. I have a healthy respect for dosing and what I should and shouldn't take. Fent patches are effective for me.

jaders

Exalted member
I learned a big opioid lesson years back. I have a healthy respect for dosing and what I should and shouldn't take. Fent patches are effective for me.

I work in a place where we have public restrooms. Went to work this afternoon and there were EMT”s who had just arrived. A guy od’d in the men’s room - was completely unconscious and not breathing. Our managers have been trained to give narcan, so she did. It took two doses and and it still wasn’t until the EMT’s arrived and gave more narcan thru iv that the guy came around. He apparently had smoked his as there was a pipe on the floor with him. I’ve heard they now add fentanyl to meth too. Man it sure is Russian roulette. No thanks.

If there hadn’t been a line building at the bathroom to draw attention, the guy easily could’ve been dead by the time we realized what had happened.

This stuff is definitely no joke. Gimme some real rx pills. That’s all I want…🤔

cajunbulldog

Eminent member
We live in dangerous times nowdays. I am currently on tylenol and am scared poopless of online painkillers.Currently debating ordering some benzos from a well respected and well known vendor.That is about as far as I am willing to go for now.Rather hurt some than be dead.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks