• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features
  • December 15, 2020: There are some great new forum features to explore here and here.

Forum upgraded and changes to reputation scores

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

notcharlotte

Exalted member
so i use a kindle most of the time and the type is pretty small. is there a way to enlarge it for the forum? i already use a large font in general. (yes, i know i can enlarge a post by hand but that messes up the entire format). that's my biggest complaint, but i'll see if it's any bigger on the laptop.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
@MRNUTTY This is as it is designed to be: the forum software auto saves drafts of posts every 30 seconds even if you have not clicked the "preview" or "post reply" button.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
so i use a kindle most of the time and the type is pretty small. is there a way to enlarge it for the forum? i already use a large font in general. (yes, i know i can enlarge a post by hand but that messes up the entire format). that's my biggest complaint, but i'll see if it's any bigger on the laptop.
What type of Kindle is it, please? I mean is it a plain Kindle for ebooks or is it the Kindle Fire? I wasn't aware of this problem. It could be it is being detected as a tablet but the screen would be easier to read if the forum was viewed with the screen resolution of a smartphone.

bluebell

things look like on a mobile device, like admin said most folk log on a mobile device.

Last edited:

kbaker

Lapsed Senior Member
Thank you for all the hard work you put into this site!

It will take some time to get used to but that's fine with me.

I appreciate all you do!
:)

FirTree

Honorable member
Well, this is a surprise after I haven't been on here for a while! At least it still recognises my username etc. The new design looks nice ... now to check if I can find all the forums!

Della

Lapsed Senior Member
I am quite amazed that this forum has adapted and lasted through so many changes: in the way pharmacies have changed, the internet changes and the legal changes. It feels like it is change change change all around me but this forum remains. Despite the odds. As others have sunk and disappeared, I feel a warm affection for this one constant. Pharmacy reviewer forum I hope you stick around for many more years and thanks you for all the years of help the members have given me here.

notcharlotte

Exalted member
What type of Kindle is it, please? I mean is it a plain Kindle for ebooks or is it the Kindle Fire? I wasn't aware of this problem. It could be it is being detected as a tablet but the screen would be easier to read if the forum was viewed with the screen resolution of a smartphone.
i use a kindle fire. i looked on my laptop and the type is normal, but since i use the kindle for browsing, the type's off-putting. i don't know how anyone reads on phones!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
@notcharlotte within a week or two I should have a fix for this issue with Kindle Fires.

Update: @notcharlotte apparently this is due to a problem with Kindle Fire 7 and 8 both not handling screen resolutions well and there is nothing I can do to fix it. Sorry about that. Please use a different browser to access the forum if you can.

Last edited:

MRNUTTY

Exalted member
Sorry I tried to like it. The 'recent activity' screen is like big brother. Can I hide my recent activity? Considering how few members are ever online anymore and every post goes up there, it feels like a peep hole.

Do guests get to watch us like that?

------------------------------------------
I just turned more stuff off. My recent "Show Recent Activity" is off, but I still still see myself show up on the recent activity screen? Even senior section posting activity shows up too?

MRNUTTY

Exalted member
Does this "recent activity" window that shows everyone's activity on the main screen bypass the privacy options?

I have these set, and still see myself up on the "recent activity" window

"Privacy options"
"Show your online status -This will allow other people to see when you are online."
"Show your current activity -This will allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing."

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Does this "recent activity" window that shows everyone's activity on the main screen bypass the privacy options?

I have these set, and still see myself up on the "recent activity" window

"Privacy options"
"Show your online status -This will allow other people to see when you are online."
"Show your current activity -This will allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing."

Those privacy options work. You can see yourself by accessing the site using another browser, not logged in, and you will not see your online status or current activity if you visit your profile page.
If you make a post outside the Seniors' Area than your post will appear on the "What's new" page and the "latest activity" page.

anthrtrvlr

Everything's changed. Does not work well with laptop. Logged on couple months ago & thought must be a spam phishing site. After trying again for couple mo's, and seeing no alarms on twitter re: PR site being hacked or banned, I guess it's the real site. I love the twitter format and the "old" PR format! So easy to use, to take in a lot of info, and to interact. I've missed being on PR. I was never a "big" poster, but have accumulated much to say over prev several mo's. But now the size type is too large -- nothing fits on one page. Hard to read. Avatars are glaringly enlarged. Can't find anything.

Boo Hoo

I assume it's working out for most people. And I expect some things I can figure out how to do myself. I am not using a smart phone.
Better get away from Laptop right now - must shop for staples, and cook something more fueling than dried fruit and cafe'.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome back to the site @anthrtrvlr. Although you don't like the new forum layout I'm glad you've made a post on it and you've realized we haven't turned into a scam site!

ladyhurting

Distinguished member
Giving my feedback a tad bit late....but the sharpness of the graphics resolution looks very nice on my ThinkPad!

Was this change an entire upgrade? Whoo! Such nice resolution. Crisp! Colorful. So far, I like it.

But now I will need to learn its interface. Consider me Ladyhurting who is a "Laptop Lady"the19thAmendmentVote for Women 1920.jpg

tonidahran

The new forum interface is kinda growing on me...it’s definitely more mobile-friendly LOL. I’m still trying to get used to it though, figuring out how navigate through threads and whatnot 😜

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks