• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Getting off opiate addiction and using methadone and Suboxone/Subutex experience

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

smo1959

Honorable member
@Sabrered0901 I really admire you for what you are doing. I lost my youngest son to a fentanyl overdose almost 5 years ago. He had been sober for over a month following rehab and apparently relapsed. He had no back up plan getting out. I am convinced that he would still be here if he had been on suboxone or methadone. He was taught in rehab that medications are bad; he thought he could do without. I didn’t believe it then or now. Relapse is common as is post rehab death. Anyway, I support your approach and wish you all success. I know it’s a struggle but we have lost so many people to fentanyl and it’s only getting worse. There should be an easy way for addicts to get help…without all the stigma.

@smo1959 I'm so sorry to read this about your son. And I think the addiction community is going to find that MAT is going to have way more success than plain old "sobriety," because I happen to think most addicts are using the med to "fix" something lacking, and that particular drug seems to hold the key. I am struck by the way everyone's brains work so differently with different drugs. I ingested a xanax yesterday for some anxiety but afterwards, remembered why I don't really like them - they just make me feel so zombie-like. Yet some folks get euphoria from it. I have the opposite reaction to an opiate and yet I know folks who feel awful on those.

This is a long-winded way of saying I think MAT is the future of addiction help and the idiots who make anyone feel crummy for choosing this route are just a bunch of ignorant judgmental types. Whenever I hear - well they're just substituting one addiction for another - I want to scream... And if they continue to treat folks who do choose MAT like scum junkies, they're not going to have much success with it either.

I personally like a lot of what 12 step programs have to offer so it surprises and saddens me to hear they think using MAT for sobriety is bad. This voodoo witchcraft thinking just keeps folks using and relapsing. Frustratin
I am hoping that maybe things are changing in addiction treatment. We paid for a private rehab thinking it was the best way to go. We were so naive…and so was my son.

smo1959

Honorable member
@Sabrered0901, @jaders, & @Synecdoche thanks for the kind words. Losing a child is the worst kind of pain. I am so very angry about his death and the lack of options for mental health and substance abuse issues in this country. He was a beautiful,kind, and generous soul…but he had a lot of issues throughout his life with depression, anxiety, etc. The perfect storm for addiction although with opioids it’s almost guaranteed for most people. Fentanyl got tossed in the mix and he didn’t have a chance. That summer of 2017 there were many fentanyl deaths in my area. I don’t keep up with the trends these days - just too painful. I’m not one of those parents who found activism helpful. But I do like to hear about success stories - does my heart good! Thanks for sharing!

Sabrered0901

@smo1959 Thank you for reading my story and life of addiction. Its not something that I am embarrassed to share or talk about. It changed my life and if I can educate somebody on addiction or change their opinion then I feel good about. Everyone has a different opinion or view on something and regardless if I agree or disagree I still respect their opinion and them as a human.

Sabrered0901

@Synecdoche Thats the problem with the US health system I feel so MDs treat based on opinion or who you are then based on science. Less than I believe 15 years ago it was when I was offered Vicodin for strep throat at the time, I knew nothing about opiates or addiction but that same doctor is still working in the medical group where my General MD is, and I have always wanted to ask him what made you change what you're giving for pain control.

seashells

Exalted member
@Sabrered0901 You have a great story to tell and very interesting. You and me are a lot alike, there's a lot more addicts on here then what you think. Some people just maybe choose not to tell there stories or haven't come to terms with it.
I've been on MMT for 15yrs. I know that it is to long. I stopped twice each time for a year but once was not by choice. I ended up back at the clinic. I remember the first time I got hi on hydos. That was when I was like 18ys. God, there was no better feeling! Your old school pill head if you started on hydros& percs. Not these oxcy babys, as I called them. It's all yhe same thou, I loved the oxys myself.
. I nvr could do NA, I hated it for the same reasons you said. I was on pain pills and Dr. Shopped along time. I used to get 500 pills a month, smh. I spent 2yrs in prison, I thought I was a Dr. and I called in scripts and wrote scripts. This was when hydros was a CIII so, if the pain pills didn't walk meaning they wouldn't fill them. I'd just call in hydro cough syrup, it always got filled and I'd rather have that cause there's no Tylenol. I got away with hundreds, I got caught a few times. I got sent away, came back got crazy again. Shit happens!
I have had so many people tell me MMT is awful and every Dr. Hates it. But it saved my life, and my family sanity.
I'll always be a addict, but if I want to watch a Xanax then I will. I don't need anyone's permission. Most people couldn't live half the life I have lived. Your not alone though hon. Keep it up, you have a lot to be proud of . @smo1959 , Iam so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how you feel. Those people that told him that was wrong.
I pray you have found some kind of peace in your heart.

jaders

Exalted member
@Sabrered0901 You have a great story to tell and very interesting. You and me are a lot alike, there's a lot more addicts on here then what you think. Some people just maybe choose not to tell there stories or haven't come to terms with it.
I've been on MMT for 15yrs. I know that it is to long. I stopped twice each time for a year but once was not by choice. I ended up back at the clinic. I remember the first time I got hi on hydos. That was when I was like 18ys. God, there was no better feeling! Your old school pill head if you started on hydros& percs. Not these oxcy babys, as I called them. It's all yhe same thou, I loved the oxys myself.
. I nvr could do NA, I hated it for the same reasons you said. I was on pain pills and Dr. Shopped along time. I used to get 500 pills a month, smh. I spent 2yrs in prison, I thought I was a Dr. and I called in scripts and wrote scripts. This was when hydros was a CIII so, if the pain pills didn't walk meaning they wouldn't fill them. I'd just call in hydro cough syrup, it always got filled and I'd rather have that cause there's no Tylenol. I got away with hundreds, I got caught a few times. I got sent away, came back got crazy again. Shit happens!
I have had so many people tell me MMT is awful and every Dr. Hates it. But it saved my life, and my family sanity.
I'll always be a addict, but if I want to watch a Xanax then I will. I don't need anyone's permission. Most people couldn't live half the life I have lived. Your not alone though hon. Keep it up, you have a lot to be proud of . @smo1959 , Iam so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how you feel. Those people that told him that was wrong.
I pray you have found some kind of peace in your heart.

So I have to ask. I am surprised folks can take Xanax and still get the MAT? I thought folks in these programs had to be UA’d every so often so wouldn’t that show up? And then aren’t they required to throw you out because of it?

@seashells. Have you ever tried the sub instead? Just wondering what the differences are?

Definitely helpful to hear these stories. Shells -you have a helluva story! Would make a great book I bet…😃

Sabrered0901

@jaders Their is a FDA black box warning with mixing subs with any benzos at all. My MD would sometimes prescribe Klonopin .5mg but it all shows ups the same as Xanax on office UA. If they ever decided to send it too quest for confirmation testing I would be screwed but that cost too much and they want instant results. The most Xanax I take is .5 and no more. It’s not like I’m mixing 32mg of subs with 4mg of Xanax at once. I’m sure that would do you end if you where Benzo tolerate.
But I’m not willling to take the risk of that.

Like I said in posts above I would have my limits on norcos. Never wanted to exceed 4500 of Tylenol daily as I never wanted to damage my liver.
I have tried Ambien since I been on subs and never again. Roommate was up late one and I just came down butt ass naked and made brownies and I had no memories of the next morning but the kitchen was a huge mess and my face was covered in batter when I woke up. But didn’t remember a thing the next day. If your bored look up the Ambien walrus.

I used to have “Friends” keyword use to as they still use Vicodin and I don’t associate with anybody that does. But he would also addicted to Xanax well one night we decided to go out and he took I don’t know how much Xanax but I’m sure it was a lot or good amount. He was acting normal and wasn’t drinking alcohol we are playing pool and he gets in a fight with some random person over something stupid and gets arrested. There is a reason why they call those Xanax bars “felony sticks”. Look on reddit and type bartard stories. Tons of similar stories.

Sabrered0901

@jaders Also most people in my MAT support group are on subs over methadone because in my state. I’m not sure in other states but for Methadone in my state when you first start you have to go to the clinic every day for your dose. I do know you get take home privileges over time but it takes a while. So what type of life can you have like that. The clinics are only open from like 5am to 11am so it’s really a inconvenience over subs which you can take home right away after you start.

There are 32 people in my support group and only 3 are on methadone and they have take home privileges of only 7 days. And been on it for almost 6 months. What if you want to take a trip or something comes up and you have to leave your town ? I don’t know how all that’s works. It’s almost like being on dialysis and having to go to the same clinic 3 times a week for treatment is what I compare methadone too.

jaders

Exalted member
@jaders Also most people in my MAT support group are on subs over methadone because in my state. I’m not sure in other states but for Methadone in my state when you first start you have to go to the clinic every day for your dose. I do know you get take home privileges over time but it takes a while. So what type of life can you have like that. The clinics are only open from like 5am to 11am so it’s really a inconvenience over subs which you can take home right away after you start.

There are 32 people in my support group and only 3 are on methadone and they have take home privileges of only 7 days. And been on it for almost 6 months. What if you want to take a trip or something comes up and you have to leave your town ? I don’t know how all that’s works. It’s almost like being on dialysis and having to go to the same clinic 3 times a week for treatment is what I compare methadone too.

Yeah I’m aware they’re much stricter with mmt. It appeals to me more probably because it seems closer to a “real” opiate perhaps. I guess the issue being there’s no “ceiling” like there is with sub?

So you’re saying you just don’t take enough Xanax to show up on a UA? I seem to recall you saying you actually told your sub doc that you did take the occasional Xanax, but I definitely could be wrong. I can’t really imagine an addiction doctor being ok with that, especially since sought illegally, altho they damn well SHOULD! I still get frustrated with this idea that if a person takes one med in an “addicted” fashion it automatically means that will happen with any drug. On the other hand I know benzos and alcohol are a bad combo. I’m guessing you’re also not supposed to drink alcohol or imbib any mj either? I have never understood throwing addicts off a stabilizing medicine because they do things that aren’t in “alignment” with drug treatment. It really is just another baffling feature to me of how addicts are viewed .

An extremely good friend of mine died a few years ago due to his food addiction. I knew him since we were kids and he always battled a weight issue that only got worse as he got older. He had uncontrolled diabetes which of course caused many many other problems but NOT ONCE did any doctor suggest that they would deny him his diabetes meds or any other weight related meds because he couldn’t control his eating. He constantly ate too much or the wrong things and again, it finally killed him, but why do we see that so differently than we do giving someone medicine to try and control a drug addiction. I can’t see any difference between the two whatsoever. 🤔

Your ambien story is rather frightening. I have heard some others like that too. But it seems like some folks still find that med useful. Thankfully sleeping just never has been an issue for me. I’d probably commit hari Kari if it were - I love to sleep almost as much as anything else kn life!

Sabrered0901

Yeah I’m aware they’re much stricter with mmt. It appeals to me more probably because it seems closer to a “real” opiate perhaps. I guess the issue being there’s no “ceiling” like there is with sub?

So you’re saying you just don’t take enough Xanax to show up on a UA? I seem to recall you saying you actually told your sub doc that you did take the occasional Xanax, but I definitely could be wrong. I can’t really imagine an addiction doctor being ok with that, especially since sought illegally, altho they damn well SHOULD! I still get frustrated with this idea that if a person takes one med in an “addicted” fashion it automatically means that will happen with any drug. On the other hand I know benzos and alcohol are a bad combo. I’m guessing you’re also not supposed to drink alcohol or imbib any mj either? I have never understood throwing addicts off a stabilizing medicine because they do things that aren’t in “alignment” with drug treatment. It really is just another baffling feature to me of how addicts are viewed .

An extremely good friend of mine died a few years ago due to his food addiction. I knew him since we were kids and he always battled a weight issue that only got worse as he got older. He had uncontrolled diabetes which of course caused many many other problems but NOT ONCE did any doctor suggest that they would deny him his diabetes meds or any other weight related meds because he couldn’t control his eating. He constantly ate too much or the wrong things and again, it finally killed him, but why do we see that so differently than we do giving someone medicine to try and control a drug addiction. I can’t see any difference between the two whatsoever. 🤔

Your ambien story is rather frightening. I have heard some others like that too. But it seems like some folks still find that med useful. Thankfully sleeping just never has been an issue for me. I’d probably commit hari Kari if it were - I love to sleep almost as much as anything else kn life!
Yes jaders I have in the past told my addiction doc that I have used Xanax on a occasion. He warned me about them and the dangers of mixing the 2 and how too much of both could cause respiratory depression leading to death. He told me the only Benzo he would prescribed is Klonopin if I had received it before from another doc and can show proof which I had. They only give me 16 at a time and only every 60 days. He told me try these and see if they work. This past year is when I really started to seek out Xanax after a few family deaths and the .5 dose works well for my Panic attacks and also since my job has a shift work rotation every month from days to nights.

When I start back on nights the first few days I will take a .5 until my sleep gets better on days. My doctors is what I would say treats you like a human so if you test positive before something you better say something before they rip that label off the urine cup and see what’s positive. He never asks but expects you to tell him. If you relapse on opiates they won’t kick out of the program is my experience. I have not tested positive for opiates since I been there and if I am going to test positive I tell them before I pee. My job does random but it’s only a 5 panel so no worry on the Benzo. Never liked the feeling of marijuana.

So basically be truthful and up front and show responsibilities for your actions is what they ask for. Plus if I relapse I will be put back on suboxone and pulled off Subutex and that will end up costing me about a extra 270 a month at the pharmacy if I test positive for opiate.

One interesting thing about my clinic is they also treat Benzo addict but my understanding is that to treat that they taper you off and I don’t know what happens after that. So basically as long as your opiate free your doing well but if you relapse be honest and up front and compassion will be shown. Don’t try lying saying the UA is wrong because they will send it too quest diagnostics for confirmation testing and you have to pay for that and I believe the cost for that is about $225 and I don’t know if insurance will cover that as its a cash pay clinic and don’t take insurance. This is what has been told to me.

They even have a sign in each exam saying honesty is the best policy and remember addiction is a disease and people do relapse and we understand that’s why your here.

illbananas

Honorable member
I've been off for eight months after 15-20 years. just used a long easy taper; feels great. don't miss a thing about it. especially counting pills. yucks.
How long did it take after your last opiate doss for you to experience natural pleasure? Do you still feel you are as happy as you were before you ever took an opiate. Unfortunately, I have to take them for pain management, but I hope a procedure comes out that fixes my condition, preventing me from having to take opiates.

I do worry if I have to get off I won't be able to experience happiness like I did prior to taking opiates. I read and hear from ex users that their happiness never came back to how it was pre-taking opiates.

seashells

Exalted member
@illbananas I can tell you this, if you have sever pain methadone can take care of your pain. @jaders I started on MMT and I just never really wanted to change plus who likes change? I wished I had tried subutex atleast. To answer your question about the UAs given , yes they give them monthly and sometimes they give them more and I and prescribed a small prescription of Xanax. 5s twice a day. So I have a legit reason for having them in my system. Some clinics will not allow you to take any benzos even with a prescription.
Now another thing about these UAs, we are addicts and there's several ways to pass a drug test even observed test. I mean I'm not going to set here and say I've always done exactly what I was supposed to do but I try, I really do but I am human and I'm not perfect. 🤷‍♂️
Now that I'm older and I've grown up I just try to live my life with no drama and finding peace within. I have made a lot of bad choices but that doesn't make me a bad person . I don't care to talk about anything with anyone. I wish I could put my life story in a book. I have so many stories and seen so much, you couldn't make the shit that has happened to me up! 😉
@White Privilege , congrats hon.✌

seashells

Exalted member
I forgot to add they have a shot called vivatrol for opioid abuse and alcohol abuse. It's once a month and it's extremely expensive 1,500 a month. You will not feel anything on this shot. Not a beer, or pain meds or herion . If someone doesn't want MMT or Sub. You can always try this.

jaders

Exalted member
I forgot to add they have a shot called vivatrol for opioid abuse and alcohol abuse. It's once a month and it's extremely expensive 1,500 a month. You will not feel anything on this shot. Not a beer, or pain meds or herion . If someone doesn't want MMT or Sub. You can always try this.

Geez. That’s crazy. On top of treating addicts like scum, they also price the treatment med so high, who could afford it? It’s more than buying the drugs themselves! 🤷

MMT appeals to me the most too, but the problem of having to go in daily for quite a while wouldn’t work for me as I do quite a bit of traveling. @seashells. Do you mind my asking how often do you have to go in now that you’re a trusted client?

And man I am SHOCKED, that they will actually script you any amount of Xanax at all!! I thought they was completely off the table - giving any benzo with any opiate? I am actually very glad to read some of these things. MAT docs always come across as nazis so I’m happy to hear that they’re not necessarily all like that. Maybe the culture is changing?

Also @seashells. I definitely think you should write that book. Personally I love memoirs - and with all the attention on pain medicines, it would certainly have a lot of folks who could likely relate. 😃

illbananas

Honorable member
@illbananas I can tell you this, if you have sever pain methadone can take care of your pain. @jaders I started on MMT and I just never really wanted to change plus who likes change? I wished I had tried subutex atleast. To answer your question about the UAs given , yes they give them monthly and sometimes they give them more and I and prescribed a small prescription of Xanax. 5s twice a day. So I have a legit reason for having them in my system. Some clinics will not allow you to take any benzos even with a prescription.
Now another thing about these UAs, we are addicts and there's several ways to pass a drug test even observed test. I mean I'm not going to set here and say I've always done exactly what I was supposed to do but I try, I really do but I am human and I'm not perfect. 🤷‍♂️
Now that I'm older and I've grown up I just try to live my life with no drama and finding peace within. I have made a lot of bad choices but that doesn't make me a bad person . I don't care to talk about anything with anyone. I wish I could put my life story in a book. I have so many stories and seen so much, you couldn't make the shit that has happened to me up! 😉
Seashells, I have heard methadone is cream of the crop when it comes to pain control. Although I have never taken methadone, I have been on long acting opioids MS Contin & Oxycodone SR (previously Oxycontin). My issues is the side-effects of always having an opioid in my system, where as with short-acting opiates my body has down-time from the drug, reducing side-effects to close to none. With SR formulations I have no libido, constipation, and muscle twitches. Maybe it's just my bodies chemistry, but there is no denying sustained release opiates and long half-life opiates such as methadone, have superior pain control. I will say for whatever reason bup does nothing for my pain but still gives me all the side effects, well that is bup patches I should say. But then again it's most likely because bup is a partial antagonist to the opioid receptors.

seashells

Exalted member
@jaders I only go once a month, I get 27 bottles of 120mgs in each bottle. Each bottle is a daily dose. Depending on where you live some clinics are open 7 days a week, some 6. You earn take home but it takes 9 months to get a whole week take homes. A year for 2wks of take homes and 2yrs for monthly. That's with clean drugs screens. Not all clinics agree with benzos treatments. I will tell you though it's different from pain meds.
The things said by @illbananas is very true and you should take that into consideration. Now somethings can be fixed with proper diet and vitamins.
People in or on any kind of long term treatment usually have no interest in sex, well let's say they can take it or leave it.
When I was a addict though I'd much rather gotten high then anything else. I'm just being honest. Also if you are on disability or a state insurance or some private insurances now all are excepted by The MMT clinics. Which is awesome!!

erratic

@Sabrered0901 I am sorry to hear about your losses. It really is terrible and sad, especially your son. I've experienced the loss of 4 friends this past year all within months of each other and it was like wtf is going on here.. All childhood friends of mine, we grew up together and its just sad when things get to that point for anyone. Its most definitely a struggle.

Congratulations on your success with Suboxone. I was on it years ago, I do caution you with it though and this is from my own personal experience. If you ever try to stop taking it, go through th.e proper methods of weaning off of it. I went through what seemed to be like 6 months of withdrawal symptoms. I was on it for about a year-2 or so and I had gotten into some trouble and was about to go to federal prison, so I became a process of trying to wean off of it, there was no way I was going to go through withdrawal in prison, and they dont give you shit in there to really help. For me coming off of Suboxone was way harder than stopping PK's. I was in agony, it was the most terrible experience I have ever had in my life. I've attended plenty of pain management doctors which have tried to switch me over to Suboxone or something that has Buprenorphine in it but I have refused it and told them my experiences and why I refuse., and now they tell me my only options are 3 things, and 2 of which they want me to stop taking my current PK's before doing so and they are 1 surgery + an implant of a spinal cord stimulator, or an implant of a pump that releases morphine directly into my spinal fluid. From what they said about this implant, it reduces the amount of the medication taken, it would release for example say 0.5mg of morphine directly to your spinal fluid and that would be equivalent to the amount of say 150mg of morphine orally (if I remember the break down correctly). I refused all 3 because to be quite honest, I am just very nervous to do any of them.

I dont feel I should have to do procedures I dont to do regardless of them being my "only option". I dont abuse my pain medication now, but I did at one point. When I got out of prison I didnt, and couldnt for that matter because I was on 3 years federal supervised release and theyre very strict with things, and the drug tests they do detect every single thing down to the amount of the drug you are taking. I actually wish I didnt even start back on taking the PK's after 3 years of almost taking nothing, the only reason I did was because I injured myself while busting my ass on a sheet of ice after a snow storm and that just brought back every horrible pain I had in my body way worse than it was. While in prison they only gave me Tylenol 3 with Codeine which did absolutely nothing and I had to fight tooth and nail just to get that. So now I just have my wife take my control all my med's because I know there is that possibility that I may want to take more than I am supposed to, whether due to pain or wanting to get a little buzz from the meds. Thank God that has not been the case for me and I've been doing well the past 4 years with the exception of becoming tolerant to what I am taking and need stronger meds and they are so hard to get anywhere.

Sorry for drifting off topic a bit, but my whole point was I did have similar experience and also had to pay for the Suboxone visits, I believe it was $120 for the visits here as well and some other doctors would charge up to $150-175 for the visit alone just to have the script written. But for me personally, I would never touch Suboxone again because of the experience I had with going through withdrawal's from them like I said before. It was absolutely horrible and the worst thing I have ever felt. It was worse than me getting off of 150mg of roxicodone a day. I was prescribed 30mg 4x a day and would take an extra before bed because I couldnt sleep, or I would take the extra one with my first dose of the day, which would obviously short me on my script for the month. Personally, I would most definitely rather deal with getting off of opiates opposed to Suboxone. I have even heard some people say that Suboxone withdrawal is worse than heroin but I wouldnt know about that. I have my own little method that I use to withdraw off of PK's thats been very good for me and works for me, so if it came down to me having to stop I know I will be able to and after a weeks the worst parts of withdrawal symptoms are gone, after 2-3 weeks I felt completely better. But, I have such a bad back and neck that I just continue to maintain the pain with the meds. I do try to stop for a week or 2 every month before continuing to take because of my tolerance issues and not being able to find a doctor that will just help with prescribing my an extended release opioid opposed to taking 60mg/day of Percocet.

I just wanted to touch on the subject in case you ever decided to get off of the Suboxone and to use caution when doing it. Definitely follow the proper steps of weaning off of it properly before stopping. The worst of it was definitely the first-2 weeks but the effects lingered for months and I dropped from 230lb's down to 160lbs. I hated the way I looked and felt so disgusted with myself. I even felt grateful that I went to prison and was able to get off of the Suboxone, but now to only repeat the cycle of being on meds again. I hate myself all over again. I wish I didnt have to take anything at all and that I could just tolerate the pain but I have a lot of things wrong and I am in constant pain every single day and only get about 3 to 4 hours max of sleep at night.

Its a struggle, a major struggle for so many people and it really does suck. I wish you lots of luck my friend, and I am sorry to hear about your losses, and the loss of your son. Many prayers to you and your family. I hope everything works out for you with the Suboxone program and you maintain doing great with your progress! It definitely does help, I am not going to say it doesnt, I am not trying to knock it or say anything negative about it. Suboxone has helped many people come off of pain meds and live a normal life without having to abuse. It helped me, but I just wanted to touch on the down side of getting off of it if it were something you ever decided to do. I have actually seen people abuse Suboxone, and the way they did it was odd and this was in prison. Suboxone is easily smuggled into the federal prison system, as well as other drugs of course. They would sell 1 strip for $50 to $100 depending on the prison, and as low as $20. They would get a euphoric high from it too, and I actually even tried it (i know i said I'd never touch it again, but was curious as to the way they did it and how it felt). Now being I was clean from everything when I went in, 6-7 months into my bid, I found out that there was Suboxone around and people were using it to get high and no one worried about drug testing in there because it didnt show up on the drug tests they gave unless they sent the urine out to a lab which they didnt do often, depending who the person was and their history.

In one prison I was shipped off to, they would sell a really tiny piece, I mean maybe less than 0.5mg or 0.5mg at the most for $20. They would dissolve it in water and after it was all dissolved, they would snort it. And I was really curious so tried it and I got a major euphoric high that felt like say the high off of oxy and it lasted for a good 3 hours. I never felt a high off of Suboxone when I was taking it and I thought it was really weird that taking such a tiny dose would do that to me. I was taking a full strip of Subs and never felt high off of it or anything like that, so it was just really weird to me on how the hell that even worked like that. But then I had done lots of reading and research on things and found out that people to try to abuse lower doses of it and there are different ways they go about doing it.

I really hope what I am posting about it is not considered promoting trying to abuse the drug, that is not my intention here so I apologize to anyone who thinks that and I am most definitely not encouraging anyone to try it. In any case though, if you are using Suboxone properly and have been, you will not get a high out of taking it this way. The reason people got high like this is because they did not need the medication and was not coming off of another opiate so it affected them differently opposed to someone who is taking or has been taking it for the right reasons.

Like I posted earlier I used for over 7 years and do I regret it. No it has made me a better person and be more humble and thankful for what I have and showed who true friends are. I have ran into people who I would hang out with and first thing they ask me is “Do you have any Norcos or Vicodin I say nope I’m on suboxone. Not asking how I’m doing or how things are. That’s not a true friend.

As for that, you're absolutely right. That is most definitely not a true friend. Its sad to see the true colors of people people who were supposedly friend and they come out that way to you. I apologize for the big long message and for veering off the subject a bit. I just wanted to mention some of my experiences which related to Suboxone. Again, I wish you well and I hope you keep up the progress you have made! Stay positive, safe and be well.

Again, I apologize if anything I wrote would trigger anyone to try what I had mentioned of what I seen during the time I was away, If anyone thinks I should remove that, please let me know and I will edit the post and remove it right away!

erratic

Seashells, I have heard methadone is cream of the crop when it comes to pain control. Although I have never taken methadone, I have been on long acting opioids MS Contin & Oxycodone SR (previously Oxycontin). My issues is the side-effects of always having an opioid in my system, where as with short-acting opiates my body has down-time from the drug, reducing side-effects to close to none. With SR formulations I have no libido, constipation, and muscle twitches. Maybe it's just my bodies chemistry, but there is no denying sustained release opiates and long half-life opiates such as methadone, have superior pain control. I will say for whatever reason bup does nothing for my pain but still gives me all the side effects, well that is bup patches I should say. But then again it's most likely because bup is a partial antagonist to the opioid receptors.

In regards to the constipation, you should ask your doctor about Movantik, if you dont already have or know about it.

Movantik blocks opioids from attaching to the mu-receptors in your bowels, directly targeting the area impacted by opioid-induced constipation. Its a pill prescribed and taken once daily to treat opioid-induced constipation and for adults who have long-lasting chronic pain that isn’t caused by active cancer.

I also had the issue of constipation and it got pretty bad and when I mentioned it to my doctor, he prescribed it to me and it most definitely helped out with that issue. The only thing I dont like about it is the extreme stomach ache you feel you have right before you use the bathroom, but once you feel that, you know its working because you will immediately be able to move your bowels.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks