Going in for cancer surgery tomorrow - bladder

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Zen_Life

Lapsed Senior Member
@Gullible @Roz, @Rylee,

You are all absolutely correct re: the Statute of Limitation on Med Malpractice suits. 1 year is the maximum in several states, including my own, but as you said @Gullible, it varies by state and looks like 2 years makes up the majority of states. Also, states differ on when the SOL actually begins: when you first become aware of the malpractice, when it first was committed, and when a "reasonable person" would realize the malpractice had occurred. There are other considerations as well. If you need a referral let me know. It's not my area of expertise, but I know good lawyers all over the country who practice in this area (even some who at one time were MDs and are now practicing Attorneys).

Here are a couple of links that discuss the basics of a med malpractice claim and list the various SOLs by state. The reason they can vary by state depends on the circumstances of each individual case. Happy to answer any questions you might have. If I don't know, I can most certainly find out. The first link is the most up to date - as of 2017), which is why it may differ from the 2nd link.

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/medical-malpractice-statute-of-limitations.html

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/medical-malpractice/state-laws-statutes-limitations.html

Most importantly, best wishes to you! Focus on getting better and feel better soon. The rest will work itself out.

Hugs,
Zen

Last edited:

Gullible

Exalted member
Well I'm back, the storm turned out to be not so bad but the aftermath was. No power for days and my internet was out until today.

I saw a new doctor for a second opinion thursday and he did a test and ordered a cat scan to see if there is any other cancer around. He sounds very thorough and his lab is checking the urine to see if any cancer cells are in it. Then we will do chemo and whatever else.

The discomfort is down but not gone, I quit pk's and still have 26 1/2 tabs left. They put an expiration date of one year on everything now but I do not intend to ever toss them out. You never know when you will need one. The expiration date is just marketing, they want you to throw out your perfectly good and expensive drugs so you will go out and buy more.

I got in some turkey tail mushroom powder and have been taking it. I plan to cap it up. Its known to help or even cure cancer.

How is everyone else doing?

Rylee

Eminent member
Hi @Gullible & everyone. Including @Roz (haven't seen him post in a while :( ) or @H20shed65 or @snowy either? Actually missing many, hope everyone's okay?

Hope you're doing ok? I was Worried about you with the hurricane & your med issues.

For Sure let us know the results of your current tests, k?

Def keep those outdated drugs!

I have a friend who's a RN & she gathers all she can opened or not anything. I give her my cholesterol, high blood pressure meds.
She gets them from her church members & Anyone. She goes to a homeless shelter about once a month & she jokes if she got pulled over! But she'd be ok. She's not a drug abuser or even user. Plus she could prove what she does.

So they go through them at the shelter & decide what to give out. So anyone that's in need, can't afford their med can get them free. Along with anything from disposable diapers to blankets. Just anything.

My husband gets So much medication from the VA that he couldn't take it all. Some of its expensive stuff. He has leukemia also. He's pretty old ( way older than me). So I call him my old man. Lol

I know that many people have extra medicine they never use. Whether narcotics or not. I know most won't give up narotics. Don't blame anyone for anything.

My cousin is in a nursing/rehab 3 months off Heroin. ( whole life & he's Very old) he can still barely walk. Sucks. I feel So bad for him. He can't sleep & his back hurts from not moving. All he wants is to use/ be comfortable again. He slipped one day & I could hear it. He was in a car. Heard the door ringing & talking a mile a minute. I thought he was done. It was the day he got his SS $.

For some reason. Idk. He felt numb. Went by ambulance to the hospital. This was the day after he used. So since then he went from hospital to nursing/rehab & hasn't used. The hospital saw masses on his kidneys. Then sent him to this home. I wasn't there so I didn't get any info or couldn't help :( he's probably dying.

This went in a different direction. SORRY! I guess point is to find someone to give unused medicine to the homeless or people in need.
They're out there & So many in need.

I think I wrote this bc I just read a thread @dearie23 & @Blue Flowers @File Error 500 @Lumo @Zen_Life (hate to leave others out on something So important). posted about depression & anti depressants/anxiety addiction & out of it all I realized Again his this site for So many Good reasons reminds me to Not take an antidepressant, no matter how bad I want to again and benzos to actually Sleep! I have access to those medicines & reading here, it HELPS me what Not to take! Thanks to everyone for that & PR! I hope if anything this site does that for others!

Ok back to you Gullible, Sorry again. Just freaks me out when it hits me again to be So careful.

I've read on here about turkey tail mushroom powder. It was interesting. Maybe search not only in titles. I actually bookmarked a site bc it sounded so interesting. I need to look into it more. Esp if it has the possibility of helping/cure cancer! Need to get some for my husband! Thanks for reminding me! Yet he has his leukemia for life. No cure for his kind. His blood cell counts are all out of whack.

If I find that thread I'll post here! Save u some legwork. Maybe? I know others on here have experiences with it.

Btw I'm shitty. But I actually feel a little better since 11 last night. :). I woke up? Running on 2 hours of Early sleep but I got laundry done & helped an opossum out of a precarious predicament. Lol. He was a baby, So cute! They Eat ticks & rarely carry diseases & ticks or fleas! Just found that out. Someone on here told me. Hmm have to find who did. She loves them too. It's in an animal thread somewhere. Most people hate them bc they Are ugly when they are full grown. But still love them. Young ones are adorable!

Ok I'm officially Crazy! Lmao. At least I'm laughing, Thanks for listening! I don't even know what I'm going to write when I start a post! I missed you Gullible! Ok, turkey tail mushroom..Focus.

https://pharmacyreviewer.co/forum/main-off-topic-forum/52248-iso-positive-thoughts.html?highlight=Turkey+tail+mushroom some info on Turkey tail mushroom, not much. All I could find so far

Glad ur back & Please write with results if you feel like it, or anything! Here to listen or whatever! :heart: Peace to all :flower:

Last edited:

Blue Flowers

Exalted member
Hi @Gullible & everyone. Including @Roz (haven't seen him post in a while :( ) or @H20shed65 or @snowy either? Actually missing many, hope everyone's okay?

Hope you're doing ok? I was Worried about you with the hurricane & your med issues.

For Sure let us know the results of your current tests, k?

Def keep those outdated drugs!

I have a friend who's a RN & she gathers all she can opened or not anything. I give her my cholesterol, high blood pressure meds.
She gets them from her church members & Anyone. She goes to a homeless shelter about once a month & she jokes if she got pulled over! But she'd be ok. She's not a drug abuser or even user. Plus she could prove what she does.

So they go through them at the shelter & decide what to give out. So anyone that's in need, can't afford their med can get them free. Along with anything from disposable diapers to blankets. Just anything.

My husband gets So much medication from the VA that he couldn't take it all. Some of its expensive stuff. He has leukemia also. He's pretty old ( way older than me). So I call him my old man. Lol

I know that many people have extra medicine they never use. Whether narcotics or not. I know most won't give up narotics. Don't blame anyone for anything.

My cousin is in a nursing/rehab 3 months off Heroin. ( whole life & he's Very old) he can still barely walk. Sucks. I feel So bad for him. He can't sleep & his back hurts from not moving. All he wants is to use/ be comfortable again. He slipped one day & I could hear it. He was in a car. Heard the door ringing & talking a mile a minute. I thought he was done. It was the day he got his SS $.

For some reason. Idk. He felt numb. Went by ambulance to the hospital. This was the day after he used. So since then he went from hospital to nursing/rehab & hasn't used. The hospital saw masses on his kidneys. Then sent him to this home. I wasn't there so I didn't get any info or couldn't help :( he's probably dying.

This went in a different direction. SORRY! I guess point is to find someone to give unused medicine to the homeless or people in need.
They're out there & So many in need.

I think I wrote this bc I just read a thread @dearie23 & @Blue Flowers @File Error 500 @Lumo @Zen_Life (hate to leave others out on something So important). posted about depression & anti depressants/anxiety addiction & out of it all I realized Again his this site for So many Good reasons reminds me to Not take an antidepressant, no matter how bad I want to again and benzos to actually Sleep! I have access to those medicines & reading here, it HELPS me what Not to take! Thanks to everyone for that & PR! I hope if anything this site does that for others!

Ok back to you Gullible, Sorry again. Just freaks me out when it hits me again to be So careful.

I've read on here about turkey tail mushroom powder. It was interesting. Maybe search not only in titles. I actually bookmarked a site bc it sounded so interesting. I need to look into it more. Esp if it has the possibility of helping/cure cancer! Need to get some for my husband! Thanks for reminding me! Yet he has his leukemia for life. No cure for his kind. His blood cell counts are all out of whack.

If I find that thread I'll post here! Save u some legwork. Maybe? I know others on here have experiences with it.

Btw I'm shitty. But I actually feel a little better since 11 last night. :). I woke up? Running on 2 hours of Early sleep but I got laundry done & helped an opossum out of a precarious predicament. Lol. He was a baby, So cute! They Eat ticks & rarely carry diseases & ticks or fleas! Just found that out. Someone on here told me. Hmm have to find who did. She loves them too. It's in an animal thread somewhere. Most people hate them bc they Are ugly when they are full grown. But still love them. Young ones are adorable!

Ok I'm officially Crazy! Lmao. At least I'm laughing, Thanks for listening! I don't even know what I'm going to write when I start a post! I missed you Gullible! Ok, turkey tail mushroom..Focus.

https://pharmacyreviewer.co/forum/main-off-topic-forum/52248-iso-positive-thoughts.html?highlight=Turkey+tail+mushroom some info on Turkey tail mushroom, not much. All I could find so far

Glad ur back & Please write with results if you feel like it, or anything! Here to listen or whatever! :heart: Peace to all :flower:

I'm glad you fear the "Reeper", I just don't think these major chemicals in our brain should be messed around with unless it's an absolute dire suicidal emergency, that is only used short term I'll back track a bit, I do have good feelings about wellbutrin, it works well, fast and it's easy to get off of. Also, I still am a proponent for benzos, mainly because they don't effect me like others. It's like someone with ADHD taking Adderall....I get no high just a bit of peace and clarity.

Rylee

Eminent member
Well I'm back, the storm turned out to be not so bad but the aftermath was. No power for days and my internet was out until today.

I saw a new doctor for a second opinion thursday and he did a test and ordered a cat scan to see if there is any other cancer around. He sounds very thorough and his lab is checking the urine to see if any cancer cells are in it. Then we will do chemo and whatever else.

The discomfort is down but not gone, I quit pk's and still have 26 1/2 tabs left. They put an expiration date of one year on everything now but I do not intend to ever toss them out. You never know when you will need one. The expiration date is just marketing, they want you to throw out your perfectly good and expensive drugs so you will go out and buy more.

I got in some turkey tail mushroom powder and have been taking it. I plan to cap it up. Its known to help or even cure cancer.

How is everyone else doing?

Hi @Gullible want to apologize for my Looong post hijacking your thread!

This is about Gullible. Please read the quote of his above!

I tend to go on at times. I do think depression & possible/cancer go hand in hand. Was my point.

I want to delete my post but think it's important those issues, they go together ime w/cancer/possible or normal life.

PLEASE LETS SUPPORT HIM & IGNORE MY LONG POST.

I'm Sorry, Gullible Needs our support. Please keep checking in on him.

I hope you're okay? Keep us informed of your recent test results. :heart:

Please support Gullible. He Needs us

Last edited:

Gullible

Exalted member
No problem, rylee. I just got a blood test today and have to get a cat scan after the results come in. I'm trying to get a copy of my chest x ray from the hospital but they have everything set up so its just about impossible. You aren't allowed to talk to a real person and ask, you are supposed to send a fax. Who the hell uses faxes anymore? Very few have one and nearly half the public has no land line. The idiots are stuck in the 20th century still

So I found a free service and sent a fax, did not get any reply. Now I have to try again and badger them until they get tired of it and give me what I need. I'm supposed to have that by the 5th of oct for the appt.

Rylee

Eminent member
Hi, just thinking about you & wondering if you had any hopefully good news to share with us?

Yes the fax systems are e-fax. They are helpful when sending large quantities of info, From paper. They go into their computer system & unless they are set up correctly, it's hard for them to find faxes, where they should go to etc... Oh misspoke, it's easier for the public in general if they have to sign a document & send in & they get thousands upon thousands daily. Their efax systems are running 24/7.

You should be able to send a form signed electronically, like pdf in email. But unless both sides are encyrypted, it's less safe though email.
In my work were not allowed to send any patient information through email. It's done by encrypted databases & UL/DL info That are very secure, well supposed to be. There is HIPAA compliance involved.

So yeah for a person that doesn't usually use what they use, good luck. Plus trying to talk to a real person! There are tricks but I only know them because I've been at it so long. The one thing everyone comes to me for, getting someone on phone stat! Like a dog with a bone. Ha

Have you run into having to say your name/state your business and a computer decides if your call can be put through or go to... never land? That's fun. Many Drs or VIP in their mind have that set up. Just say compliance, ha!

Getting crucial info we need in time is unacceptable! It's urgent to us & no one else.

Anyway it's all a big pia especially when you're not feeling good or don't need to "learn" their system for a simple task.

Idk if you have what you need for your appt Tomorrow? Hope so.

For some reason the 5th I have a huge itenerary of reminders of friends that have either birthdays/important things going on & another bestie for a serious surgery. Besides you.

Just know I'll be thinking of u Tomorrow!

I just know you're in need of attention right now, whether u want it or not! I'm here & sending virtual hugz!

Gullible

Exalted member
Thanks Rylee

I saw the doc again yesterday after weeks of running around getting tests. It was mostly good news. He said I was not passing cancer cells which would have meant it was still there. He looked at the cat scan and said there was no cancer in other areas either. So far so good, it does not mean I'm cured just good progress.

The next treatment they are going to give me will be a weakened but still active form of bacteria that causes tuberculosis. Sounds odd but it provokes an immune response that makes the body attack the cancer. The bacteria will also invade any cancer cells and make them vulnerable. This is only used with bladder cancer, no where else. There are some risks and people have died when the bacteria got into their bloodstream.

The bad news was that the tumor had covered one of the ureters, the tube going from kidney to the bladder, and the kidney was damaged by urine backing up. It may still be partly funcional, doc didn't know for sure but said you can live with one kidney.

I'm still taking turkey tail mushroom caps plus chinese scullcap. I didn't tell doc I was taking that, no need to upset the guy, lol. I recommend those for anyone with cancer or who has had it in the past. It can help keep it from coming back.

notcharlotte

Exalted member
that's horrible about the kidney, @Gullible, but you can certainly survive with one. i'm sorry everything takes so long. you'd think with cancer they'd hurry up.

when i was a kid they would put you in the hospital and then do all the tests. now they make people run around all over doing the tests outpatient. it seems to me the hospital method was a lot more efficient: four or five days and all the tests run and decisions made.

Gullible

Exalted member
Now I think I will talk to a lawyer and see if he thinks I have a case against the bad doctor who didn't follow up when I first came in. Losing kidney function is a loss and gives grounds for a suit plus pain and suffering, etc etc.

I felt no discomfort from the kidney being stopped up. Unless it was back pain or something, I get that a lot. Some things hurt like crazy and some you feel nothing but it can be serious.

I'm still positive and think it will all work out. Hopefully the damaged kidney still has some function left even if only 1/2.

Its a drag running around all over but it costs a lot being in the hospital. I still have copayments to make for the time I was in.

Gullible

Exalted member
For those still interested in the procedures they use, I started "infusion" therapy yesterday. It uses the bacteria that causes tuberculosis. Its infused into your bladder and it causes an immune reaction that also targets the cancer. Its only used for bladder cancer, if it gets into the bloodstream it will kill you. I better not develop a cut down there or I'm toast.

They told me to use bleach in the toilet after urinating the first three times and leave it in for 8 hours so others in the house are not exposed to it. It made me feel like a typhoid mary, that was the gal decades ago who gave people typhoid which she was immune to by insisting on getting jobs cooking when told not to. I think they finally locked her up.

This is a type of immune therapy but they call it chemo therapy many times. The nurse who worked with me thought it was virus, I insisted it was bacteria. The name bcg for the strain, the "b" stands for bacillis or bacteria proving it is. She said she always heard it referred to as a virus even by doctors.

I much prefer this over radiation or chemo which have serious side effects. This has no side effects except for the off chance of dying, lol. Chemo can make your hair fall out and does lots of bad things besides that. Radiation too will do many bad things and raises your risk of another cancer later. Since the bladder keeps it confined (knock on wood) it can't get into the body and kill you.

Always take turkey tail mushroom if you have or suspect you have cancer. Even if you don't suspect because it boosts your immune system which chemo lowers a lot. The name is Trametes versicolor and there are scientific medical studies on its benefit. Its been used in china and india for a long time and is catching on here too.

Rylee

Eminent member
@Gullible Yes, Always interested to learn more. Hate what you're going through. So tough. I support anything you decide.

Very helpful info.

Finally "getting it". Your message on Turkey Tail Mushroom. My husband has cancer (it will never go away, they say). It's really lowering his immune system. I'm going to research/no, buy some this week for us both. Thank you.

I'm thinking of you Always. I Pray you will be around for a long time. :heart:

notcharlotte

Exalted member
just make sure the turkey tail is certified organic, @Gullible, but it does seem to boost the immune system. try to stay away from sick people right now, especially sick little kids. when your immune system is compromised you have to be careful. i hope this goes well with no side effects! it's scary when the med is as bad as the disease.

Gullible

Exalted member
Yes, @notcharlotte its like 2 bad guys fighting it out, either one would like to kill you but they beat on each other and you end up defeating both. Most TT mushroom is wild harvested, not grown. They go into forests and find it growing on the dead logs so the chance of running into pesticides is slim but I will look into organic. I avoid sick little kids anyway, lol.

@Rylee, I have read nothing but good things about TT, it definitely boosts the immune system which you need particularly if you are getting chemo which lowers it. Another good one is called chinese scullcap, its an herb and seems to have very good effects similar to TT. I take both of them every day. They did a study on TT with thousands of breast cancer patients and found it boosted their immune function, improved survival times, health and cure rates. It didn't cure everyone but the data showed it clearly was a help.

Gullible

Exalted member
This week has been rough, I've been sick as a dog. Dizziness, shortness of breath, diarrhea, extreme fatigue and lots of aches and pains. I left a message for the doctor about it but no reply so I canceled my treatment for today. I'm not going through another week like that. So I finally got hold of the doc, actually his nurse who relayed the questions, and was told if it gets worse to go to the emergency room. I asked about lowering the dose and have not heard back.

I take lopermide for the diarrhea, it takes two tabs and that barely works. If the doc can't work out a lower dose or some other treatment then I'm done with him. He is highly regarded in his field but if he insists on taking the same dose then I will take no dose. I will see if he knows anything else I can try. Some doctors will work with you and some are like my way or the highway. I'll take the highway. I already have another doc who sent me to this one. I'll see if he has any ideas.

There are other treatments, some may be very expensive. There are dna based tecs that are tailored to your system. Last choice would be chemo or radiation. Then to add to the bad news, I got test results they did a couple weeks ago showing I'm shedding unusual cells typical of cancer. Not so good.

I'm so weak I hate to do anything. If it involves going across the room I have to think about it. I do feel a little less bad than earlier in the week so hopefully it will wear off.