- Aug 17, 2011
This week has been rough, I've been sick as a dog. Dizziness, shortness of breath, diarrhea, extreme fatigue and lots of aches and pains. I left a message for the doctor about it but no reply so I canceled my treatment for today. I'm not going through another week like that. So I finally got hold of the doc, actually his nurse who relayed the questions, and was told if it gets worse to go to the emergency room. I asked about lowering the dose and have not heard back.
I take lopermide for the diarrhea, it takes two tabs and that barely works. If the doc can't work out a lower dose or some other treatment then I'm done with him. He is highly regarded in his field but if he insists on taking the same dose then I will take no dose. I will see if he knows anything else I can try. Some doctors will work with you and some are like my way or the highway. I'll take the highway. I already have another doc who sent me to this one. I'll see if he has any ideas.
There are other treatments, some may be very expensive. There are dna based tecs that are tailored to your system. Last choice would be chemo or radiation. Then to add to the bad news, I got test results they did a couple weeks ago showing I'm shedding unusual cells typical of cancer. Not so good.
I'm so weak I hate to do anything. If it involves going across the room I have to think about it. I do feel a little less bad than earlier in the week so hopefully it will wear off.
[Hugs] of support. May the sunshine of good health shine upon you very soon.