• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

How to tell a pharmacy is legit or not?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

SoAndSo

Not a Newbie
Just keep at it. A lot can be learned even before you gain access to the senior stuff. Engage in the conversations and topics, even the silly game ones. A post is a post and a day is a day. Get your reputation up and before you know it you will have access to the good stuff. Even then.... you will still have to read between the lines on a lot of things and still do even more research by going through reviews and other reputable members posts. Don't jump on the first thing you see, because chances are you can still find it cheaper elsewhere and with someone with better reputation. Choose your vendors wisely and strike when the iron is hot. Pay attention to the vendors who have lots of members with lots of tenure and reputation. More than likely if the RECENT talk there is good then that partiuclar vendor is good to go.... for the time being. I personally don't use the website vendors, but rather prefer the email vendors.... this is because I have many years of success using the same ones. You too will figure that out and what suits you best, small orders, bulk orders, etc etc. I have my steadies, and then I have a couple that I take a gamble on... based on others reviews. I don't shoot wild into the dark off a simple Google search that turns up some website that just "Looks" good. That's a good way to lose your money. Best of luck, it's not that hard at all though.

Last edited:

BobbyGee

Distinguished member
I don't like the belief that a post is a post. We come here for one reason...to gather info about purchasing power...not your favorite song, or movie.

SoAndSo

Not a Newbie
I don't like the belief that a post is a post. We come here for one reason...to gather info about purchasing power...not your favorite song, or movie.
Well I don't personally partake in those games, but a lot of people enjoy them and that's ok by me. I come here for one reason and one reason only. For some, playing those games is a way for them to feel more comfortable and confident in posting at all on the more serious stuff.

jaders

Exalted member

Actually there are plenty of other helpful threads like how to taper off a particular medicine. Or what meds help mitigate withdrawal, or what have folks used to help with various aspects of anxiety or depression. Also how we might be able to fight or even work with the medical community to change the attitudes about the drugs doctors no longer want to prescribe but we feel are necessary to our quality of life. The list is really endless.

Most of us are here because we’ve become our own healthcare providers in a myriad of ways, and getting input from folks doing this same thing is really invaluable. 🤔

TheDeadlySidekick

Honorable member
This forum is very helpful, and if a company is starting they may agree to receive your payment only when your package is delivered to build trust. Also pay attention if they have original photos of the medication, like a written paper with the name of the OP close to medicines and for last if they are legit they will accept Paypal, Credit Card or other form in which you can open a dispute and they have their funds frozen. Don't forget to be careful if they offer very cheap prices and contact their customer support to see how they are doing.
These are great tips.
Especially contacting them to see how things are going.
Do this after checking everything else, but pay attention to how they respond.
The speed of their response is critical.

PEACHPLUMPEAR

Lapsed Senior Member
Lots of scam sites have the same website layout and all look the same like they are all connected. Also trust pilot is a bit dodgy coz so many scam sites have brilliant trust pilot reviews
Yeah, that's a big red flag when the site is identical to another one.

donewiththis

Honorable member
I have found email vendors to be a better route than an IOP if they are reliable. There are several out there that once you establish a relationship with them they send you your order after you pay for it. I just find them more reliable

josie12

I get so many text messages from different numbers to place an order. Seems sketchy. How would you even trust that any of them are legitimate? They usually start with " Sir or madam are you ready to place your order?" I have never responded to any of them. I guess I could text back to see what they are offering. Or they claim to be the manager of said online pharmacy. The texts come from various numbers in the USA.

redgoat

Make sure your not the first one to take the plunge. That was my mistake recently. It looks to have cost me.
Look for reviews. Being on this site is probably the best way to avoid scammers .

cajunbulldog

Eminent member
Make sure your not the first one to take the plunge. That was my mistake recently. It looks to have cost me.
Look for reviews. Being on this site is probably the best way to avoid scammers .
I am also gun shy.Wait for sample orders to arrive, senoir members to weigh in, and wait for mulitiple positive orders before you jump in with both feet.

Blackbird123

Honorable member
Here is a link to a great thread started by Mira on this same topic. It's old but has some good general info in it.

Sabrered0901

i noticed one iop had several different website names. I rolled the dice and have been lucky since. I ask questions like who makes what your looking for. I know this is kinda like playing the lottery but if it is too good to be true i would trust them. It seems alot of places want bitcoin now and with bitcoin there are not buyer protections. To protect myself i use a prepaid debit card just in case its a scam or something happens and the card gets skimmed. I'm not a senior member yet. But I do not use western union, moneygram, or cashapp or venmo. I don't trust using those or using my paypal as i cant afford to lose my paypal account as I use it for auctions sites.

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
i noticed one iop had several different website names. I rolled the dice and have been lucky since. I ask questions like who makes what your looking for. I know this is kinda like playing the lottery but if it is too good to be true i would trust them. It seems alot of places want bitcoin now and with bitcoin there are not buyer protections. To protect myself i use a prepaid debit card just in case its a scam or something happens and the card gets skimmed. I'm not a senior member yet. But I do not use western union, moneygram, or cashapp or venmo. I don't trust using those or using my paypal as i cant afford to lose my paypal account as I use it for auctions sites.
Welcome @Saber, were you recently reanimated like me? :)
Payment methods are evolving

Nylina

Honorable member
Read everything you can find.

Use google to google them as well, but this forum is the BEST I've found to figure it out

tedh

I think some are just selective scammers, they send out to some and scam others until the jig is up then move on to a new website and start the process all over again. It’s easy to do and by the time people figure out they are scammers they are gone and have set up shop elswhere.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks