I'm not in the U.S. are international packages getting lost or just taking longer to arrive?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Alpha29

I'm not sure if I should have any international packages delivered to me as I'm worried it will get lost. From what I've been reading it seems deliveries are only taking longer to arrive and I haven't noticed anyone mention lost international delivered packages getting lost has anyone else?

I'm not located in the U.S. and from what I've reading specifically domestic delivery is not doing good there. I'm lucky enough to have only lost one package so far and I was able to get a full refund for it.

What other experiences has everyone else had so far during the pandemic that's making the postal system globally unpredictable. I've noticed some places things have improved but it's nowhere near being the same as before?

throwawaymcsneaky

I haven't lost any international packages during COVID-19, they're just taking a lot longer to arrive from abroad and get processed by customs once they get here. Your mileage may vary, though, depending on where you are.

Tron28

Honorable member
My personal experience is that they took longer to be sent and to be delivered. But they did arrive.

Cruiser

Mine sat in the country of origin longer than normal, then once in the US, sat in customs for 19 days, once out of customs it was delivered quickly. 45 days total for an order that usually takes less than half that time. The US Postal Service is currently in a slowdown, partly due to political interference, partly due to the Coronavirus pandemic.

Kermit S

Eminent member
A lot of it is luck .... I waited 80+ days for one that finally arrived... and now waiting for a late July ... but I have had 2 deliveries in August that were both received in 7 days .... every one of these were from the same vendor! Go figure? :wondering:

reset818

Lapsed Senior Member
i've noticed the mail in general has slowed down. getting my stuff about 50% normal speed.

spraypaint33

I had three out of four packages just...stop. It's been about six months and no LL, nothing. The vendor thinks my address was compromised and tried to talk me into using a PO box forwarding service. I decided to cut my losses and stop altogether. Rough past couple of months, but feeling better every day.

floridagator

Honorable member
Mine has Sat In Chi Customs as Of Today it's 20 days no LL & was sent Priority Express International which I didn't ask for ...lol

jaders

Eminent member
Mine has Sat In Chi Customs as Of Today it's 20 days no LL & was sent Priority Express International which I didn't ask for ...lol

It seemed like for a while there - especially June/July EVERYTHING went to CHI no matter where in the country you lived. Someone also remarked here that someone else on Reddit said CHI was backed up for miles. I have seen several folks get stuff thru CHI after waiting a long time, but sadly have also seen a fair amount of seizures.

On the other hand, I feel like things are rapidly improving. I've had some speedy deliveries and have read of others as well. And the best news is that things seem to be going to the POE that makes sense, instead of anywhere and everywhere.

I sure hope yours breaks free very soon!!

Alpha29

Thank you for sharing all you're experiences. I think I will be taking a chance hoping it all works out. Luckily it seems unlikely my package will get lost. If things don't work out I don't know what I'll do.

Miss Ellie

I’m praying that orders stay away from Chi. Two different vendors LL stopped there and one reship has not been seen anywhere and it was not coming to my address or name. I have one more order waiting to be shipped from a 3rd vendor. We’ll see....

north19

Distinguished member
Hi @Alpha29 I have had 8 successful deliveries and two from xss that have got snagged by customs. Don't know why from what I hear their packaging is good so they must know something because two different packages being stopped is unlikely. Xss has been very good about it saying they have had more seizures during the covid 19 then other years combined. I am from Canada-if that helps at all and overall I have received my packages in a fairly quick-albeit a little slower timeframe. Good lucjk and I hope if you did order anything you have it by now.

A lot of it is luck .... I waited 80+ days for one that finally arrived... and now waiting for a late July ... but I have had 2 deliveries in August that were both received in 7 days .... every one of these were from the same vendor! Go figure? :wondering:
i have also had a package last scanned on july 22nd "Leaving the Exchange Office" next scan would be customs in usa but still has not arrived. i will remain hopeful but i would not be surprised if its lost or missorted.

Last edited:

slim2016

A month or two ago I would say the delays were huge, gone are the days when deliveries took 7-10 days (we'll for me anyway)

kje99

I recently had one that arrived in the UK fast but sat at Heathrow for two weeks while the courier did whatever couriers do make sure everything takes as long as possible. No complication with customs though, just a long delay

Alpha29

A month or two ago I would say the delays were huge, gone are the days when deliveries took 7-10 days (we'll for me anyway)

I too have noticed the packages are arriving sooner than they were a few months earlier compared to right now.

wildings

Eminent member
that's about my experience as well. vendors or origin don't seem to play that big a part in outcome (for the most part). i've got one, against my normal best practices procedure on not tracking but using precautions and limiting tracking this one had zero problems at customs but good god you wouldn't and i can't fathom how bizarre the route it's been on. i mean i've seen some odd stuff but this takes the cake, boggles the mind.... there is literally nothing that can be done about it but if it shows great if not too bad so sad. i have noticed they formerly would scan a "in transit" every 24 hours when in some parking lot or the like. apparently that's 48 hours now, not that in any way changes the result. this one is just crazy.
Also the real motivation for posting was your thread about cash app about a plus ago. i saw a recent thread about how great it was. hells bells, you posted that a year ago and yes, it is great.

smott999

Lapsed Senior Member
Anything traveling through US ISPS will be delayed Now. There’s been a lot of changes designed to slow things down.