Im writing a book....

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Japaholic

Eminent member
I am writing a book, I have written and published another book 11 years ago which sold well world wide.

Unfortunately I can't tell you the name of the book for fear of doxxing myself. As much as I love you all here (well, most of you anyway. What was it Bilbo said? “I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”).

I want to keep my private life private so this next one will be published under a pseudonym. My last book, a self help, non fiction title, brought me attention I never intended and didn't really want or appreciate. Hence this..... change of heart and name.

This new piece, is hand written rather than written on a pc or typewriter.

It is a collection of short passage, phrases and paragraphs that inspired, educated and awakened me, mixed with some of my own musings and meditations on life.

I am hand writing it for the personal touch, it feels right to undertake this project, this journey in this way.

The original is leather(suede actually but some people dont know what that is) bound and has hand made plain paper inside.

Its my intention to publish this time on both ibooks and amazon kindle. I want to maintain control over content and finances.

When I published my first book my publisher and agent ripped me off collectively for about 1/4 million Dollars all told. I wont let that happen again.

I dont really care if it sells well or not, its a process of meditation and catharsis for me to write it and I hope that some of you will want to be a part of it.

Just by completing it I will have achieved my main goal. To meditate and reflect on life and to pass on to at least one person some powerful words to inspire them and hopefully change their life for the better. I hope to help at least one person wake up and smell the coffee so to speak.

One year after publishing I will give the hand written original to one random person who buys a copy from either Itunes (Ibooks) or Amazon (Kindle).

What I want from you are meaningful quotes and the source, who wrote it. What it means to you and why.

I dont want lengthy essays or fiction, I want short paragraphs, a couple of sentences. Short and to the point.

Any that I use will be given credit on the page its published on.

Other than that, all I can leave you with is one of the first in my book.

By Bruce Lee

To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential.

This motivates me to try harder, to express myself, just simply to do my best. I want to be a quality human being more than anything else. This is because there are so many ....... "Not Quality" human beings around to F#$k things up for the rest of us.

Any that I hit "like" for are short listed, if I dont hit like, please dont be upset. Its just it may not happen to fit my mould. Im grateful for every contribution regardless of whether it makes the cut or not.

At the time of writing the project is 1/3rd finished and has about 60 of 200 pages completed.

Hugor Hill

Honorable member
@Japaholic
There's a quote from Cormac Mccarthy's The Road that gets to me,
"If he is not the word of God then God has never spoken!"
Its not from any religious sense that it has meaning to me but I have a 10 yr old daughter (so change he to she!) and the quote makes me think of the responsibility I owe to her, how there's nothing I wouldn't do to help her in life! And if we don't love, protect and help our children reach their potential then what's the point.....our children are our future.

Japaholic

Eminent member
@Japaholic
There's a quote from Cormac Mccarthy's The Road that gets to me,
"If he is not the word of God then God has never spoken!"
Its not from any religious sense that it has meaning to me but I have a 10 yr old daughter (so change he to she!) and the quote makes me think of the responsibility I owe to her, how there's nothing I wouldn't do to help her in life! And if we don't love, protect and help our children reach their potential then what's the point.....our children are our future.

I will loook at the book for context, thanks @Hugor Hill, I love reading and will take this as a recommendation.

mancman

Distinguished member
Marcus Aurelius 'Meditations' - A great guide to living and dying....The Hagakure...The I Ching...Nietzche...The Dhammapada

Last edited:

Japaholic

Eminent member
Almost finished, more than 3/4 done

unfortunately IRL caught up with me, being a parent/husband/colleague took over and I have had very little time to write.

I have also been involved in some very exciting project, one testing pre release software and the other as a research subject for something close to my heart.

trish5959

Honorable member
Almost finished, more than 3/4 done

unfortunately IRL caught up with me, being a parent/husband/colleague took over and I have had very little time to write.

I have also been involved in some very exciting project, one testing pre release software and the other as a research subject for something close to my heart.

IRL will do that. But hey, so much great stuff there in RL

Flower

Distinguished member
@Japaholic, I wish you well, I genuinely do.

You’ve succeeded once.

With regards to your second book, well the way you’ve described your vision for it....it sounds uniquely, wonderful. It actually sounds much better than my sleep deprived brain, has bumblingly and ungainly, worded your vision for your book.

I haven’t got the words to do your rare, enlightening and enthralling vision, for your book, justice. To have a handwritten book, in this day and age of impersonal virtual typing of thoughts, feelings and real enlightenments that occur throughout our lives, is something incredibly special.

I too am turning to writing, after threatening to do it for so many year’s. Writing, to me, is so incredibly cathartic.....it always has been.

I have just actually waffled on about writing, using the trusty good old pen and paper, in the thread called, ’What made you smile today’. Coincidences don’t just happen, that much I have learned.

I seriously doubt that I’ll ever get to tip my toe in the pond, of having any work of mine published. I will however enjoy writing, as I’m not aiming to write in order to become a huge success. If that’s ones goal, then their talent is stifled and they are aiming to purely please other’s.

I wish you well, @Japaholic. I’ll have to read your post’s, to get a ‘feel’ for your style of writing. Then maybe, just maybe, I’ll be able to find your written book, when it is released. We all have a voice, a personality, and that always shines through in our writing.

Take care

Flower :flower::flower::flower:

Last edited:

Japaholic

Eminent member
@Japaholic, I wish you well, I genuinely do.

You’ve succeeded once.

With regards to your second book, well the way you’ve described your vision for it....it sounds uniquely, wonderful. It actually sounds much better than my sleep deprived brain, has bumblingly and ungainly, worded your vision for your book.

I haven’t got the words to do your rare, enlightening and enthralling vision, for your book, justice. To have a handwritten book, in this day and age of impersonal virtual typing of thoughts, feelings and real enlightenments that occur throughout our lives, is something incredibly special.

I too am turning to writing, after threatening to do it for so many year’s. Writing, to me, is so incredibly cathartic.....it always has been.

I have just actually waffled on about writing, using the trusty good old pen and paper, in the thread called, ’What made you smile today’. Coincidences don’t just happen, that much I have learned.

I seriously doubt that I’ll ever get to tip my toe in the pond, of having any work of mine published. I will however enjoy writing, as I’m not aiming to write in order to become a huge success. If that’s ones goal, then their talent is stifled and they are aiming to purely please other’s.

I wish you well, @Japaholic. I’ll have to read your post’s, to get a ‘feel’ for your style of writing. Then maybe, just maybe, I’ll be able to find your written book, when it is released. We all have a voice, a personality, and that always shines through in our writing.

Take care

Flower :flower::flower::flower:

Thats a very kind thing to say, i just hope it means something to who so ever ultimately reads it.

Marcone

Lapsed Senior Member
I love to write book too but I can't find the momentum to start it. My dream is to write stories that will reach millions of readers worldwide. I know I cannot achieve it without starting in the first place.