• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

IR OR ER

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Mandie10201

I have been lurking awhile and would love more information on a few things.
Unfortunately like all of us I only have 1 source now for tram. Ironically, it was a place that emailed me. They are so expensive. Over three hundred for one eighty. They came plain small zip clear bag. I tested a few so far I’m not in wd so I think they are real. It’s us to us delivery.
I asked recently if it was ER or IR they didn’t answer for a bit then after I pushed they said “ er”

Does anyone know the answer. I wish I could find better sourcing. This is horrible. I loved India OL TRAM

I have some citra pink 100 mg tram
They can’t tell me Is it extended or INSTANT release?
I prefer instant. Does anyone know by chance of citra 100 is it ER OR IR? Also can you take ER AND IT TOGETHER? also, how do I dose ER
thanks!

Chancer

Exalted member
I'm unsure on the tram question. I will tag a tram user for you. I have ER Morphine and IR Oxy and I can take both together (one is predominantly used for breakthrough pain if the ER isn't working enough). The ER is trial and error but, 10mg of ER isn't the same as 10mg IR. The ER will contain 10mg in total extended slowly over 8 to 12 hours (so the dose will usuallybe higher than IR), the IR is usually used for the few hours between doses because they don't often last the whole 12 hours. IR is definitely the more expensive imo, thats probably why they were reluctant to say they are only ER/SR etc.
I take 40mg of SR but I only need 5mg of IR for the breakthrough pain etc.

Mandie10201

I’ve only used IR 50 my whole life for 15 years. Now with shortage apparently this citra Mexico is only available to me at 100 mg ER

so now I’m in a real Binx scared because I have no idea how to use ER SR. I took 200 mg of the new citra pink ones this morning I don’t feel withdrawal which is good but I don’t feel good like the Ir 50 mg
I’m wondering if I should take more but I’m nervous if it is Er
I’m trying to find out is citra Mexico pink 100 mg indeed ER
THANK YOU 🙏

Chancer

Exalted member
@Mandie10201
@Romanov Can you help? Romanov is probably much better placed to give you accurate advice on this particular topic. I don't want to give you inaccurate information, all I have is personal experience rather than specific expertise. Be careful until you know for sure. 😊

Romanov

Hi @Mandie10201, I’d need to know a couple of things before I can give u any concrete advise, if u would rather pm me for the questions, which might be a bit delicate or go ahead on this thread that’s entirely up to you. Also there is absolutely no pressure to answer any question, I could give u a generalised answer without any of the info, but I prefer to be specific when advising anyone.

Hope to hear from u soon
Dobre
Rom

theshahofiran

dis-Honorable Membr
The coating on those pink citras is supposed to slow down absorption, but you can make them IR by crushing into powder. I'm beginning to think splitting some tablets without totally crushing leaves a partial delay/retard. I re-dose @7-8hrs lately, vs usually 5-6hrs for the uncoated stuff from India. Some of the OlTram 100s has a sort of coating too, but wasn't specifically labeled as extended release. FYI there's another thread with discussion on this if you search tramadol here, we established ER typically means @24hrs and SR means @12hrs.

Chancer

Exalted member
@theshahofiran I didn't know there was a difference between SR/ER. Mine are SR but I always assumed it was Country/Company specific (learn something knew every day 😊).
It makes logical sense because nicotine patches can be 24 hours and those can be ER (although, if you want to sleep its best to remove them 'patches' a few hours before going to bed).

Little Alex

Distinguished member
Every ER version of tramadol is IR if you crush and swallow it. I never worried if things were ER or IR, I just wanted the highest dose to get mileage out of my purchase so lots of a cases if you have the option, get the highest dose ER version of tram. you can find.

My opinion. I could be wrong, but I think the time release mechanism is, just the tramadol bound with some kind of waxy filler that makes it take hours to completely dissolve if left intact, verses if you crush or chew it.. you get it all

Chancer

Exalted member
Every ER version of tramadol is IR if you crush and swallow it. I never worried if things were ER or IR, I just wanted the highest dose to get mileage out of my purchase so lots of a cases if you have the option, get the highest dose ER version of tram. you can find.

My opinion. I could be wrong, but I think the time release mechanism is, just the tramadol bound with some kind of waxy filler that makes it take hours to completely dissolve if left intact, verses if you crush or chew it.. you get it all
The SR definitely come in different formats. When I was switched to Morohine, I was prescribed Zomorph and they came in capsules filled with wax like balls inside. I found these useless because they didn't release consistently and I was always still in pain.

My GP then changed me to Morphgesic SR which is a traditional tablet form (I dont understand the particular mechanics of how they work) but, they were much superior in consistent release gradually over the 8-12 hours and the effects on my pain were very effective.

When I first had my accident I was prescribed a high dose of IR Oxynorm, a doctor was particularly concerned that the dose was still 'unnecessarily high', (it was only supposed to be an in patient hospital dose). So she changed me to SR Oxynorm and I had no serious negative effects like withdrawals or even an increase in pain. So what the original OP mentioned about the effects of the SR/ER makes perfect sense based on my own experiences.

SandraMccoy

I 'd require to know a couple of things before I can offer u any kind of concrete advise, if u would rather pm me for the concerns, which could be a little bit fragile or go on this thread that's totally approximately you. Also there is definitely no stress to answer any kind of concern, I can offer u a generalised response with no of the details, but I prefer to be certain when suggesting anybody.

dinger

Honorable member

The SR definitely come in different formats. When I was switched to Morohine, I was prescribed Zomorph and they came in capsules filled with wax like balls inside. I found these useless because they didn't release consistently and I was always still in pain.

My GP then changed me to Morphgesic SR which is a traditional tablet form (I dont understand the particular mechanics of how they work) but, they were much superior in consistent release gradually over the 8-12 hours and the effects on my pain were very effective.

When I first had my accident I was prescribed a high dose of IR Oxynorm, a doctor was particularly concerned that the dose was still 'unnecessarily high', (it was only supposed to be an in patient hospital dose). So she changed me to SR Oxynorm and I had no serious negative effects like withdrawals or even an increase in pain. So what the original OP mentioned about the effects of the SR/ER makes perfect sense based on my own experiences.
I Have been on ( Transtec 35mcg) Buprenorphine....And Sublingaul 2 mg bup for break through pain....
Been on this drug over 10 years... So for me ER forms of opioids are better...As mine condition is chronic back pain...
But my days are numbered now for me.....The Bup is doing my guts in!! well they think its that..So i might have to switch...
As one is opioid dependent...

boatbum

Distinguished member
Since this thread was bumped, I can share that my tram usage plummeted with ER vs IR. I always had done 50mg IR for like 10+ years. I take almost half the amount now with ER. You don’t get the high rush, it comes on slower, but I find it lasts for 8 hours vs even 2-3 hours otherwise. If I take an ER 200mg that will carry almost all day instead of popping 50s like candy. I used to take 3 50s every 4 hours which led to 600mg a day. Now I never have to go over the suggested 400mg a day with ER. It’s a game changer to me… but if you are using it to get a fast high they aren’t the way… for all day relief and comfort, the ER though are by far the best.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks