• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Is Propecia dangerous?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
Propecia was the biggest mistake of my life. It ruined my brain chemistry for good, and only after 3 months of use. a2-reductase is has important functions in the brain. For certain individuals, propecia can cause persistent and irreversible depression (there is high quality recent literature on this -- let me know if you're interested). I am still suffering from it 5 years and counting.
my hair growth is also less frequent;
want to blame mecha for no reason

David L. Hunt

In my Opinion This is strongly one of the most largely undiscovered treatment for hair loss. So many men waste their time with rogaine or other bs products and never try the real thing. Downside is cost, but then again its definitly worth it.

Bearhug

Exalted member
I'm not concerned about hair loss right now, and I don't think it's a big deal for most people. I just consider it another part of ageing. This thread has brought up some very valid concerns though for those considering it. The possible side effects of Propecia sound awful.

otherone

Propecia does work but has side effects. I would try supplements as well. I was using a prostate supplement beta-sitosterol and noticed it was having the same effects as propecia in regards to hair and new hair forming.

illbananas

Honorable member
@Cowboy Bebop I would be very hesitate to listen to @hithere . This removes DHT, which is a component of your male hormone system. Some will say, "well it's not free testosterone and it's not used". How come body builders will supplement with DHT?

I know personal friends who have had sexual side effects from propecia, some remained on it and others got off when they noticed them. I do not know of any personally that have had permanent side effects. Look up some studies not his on pubmed, there are double-blinded studies with placebo's utilized, that clearly demonstrate how prevalent the sexual side effects of this drug are.

Personally, I utilize Minoxidil (Romaine) and Nizoral. The major three are those two plus Propecia. Many say Minoxidil and Nizoral offer a synergistic effect. My story is I noticed some balding about five years back. I immediately researched and got on the aforementioned two, and my hair regrew and is still there to this day.

Hair is not worth risking your makeup of a man, no matter how small or remote the possibilities are. If you are that concerned about it skip the propecia, start the other two, and if they don't work get a hair transplant. These days, you can't even tell them apart from non-balding men. i.e. did you know Elon Mask was bald by 20 and quickly got a transplant. You can google and find pictures of him before the transplant. Plus in my opinion taking a hormone pill indefinitely to keep you hair is not a viable solution. You lose it all the second you stop taking it.

ohanes

Honorable member
Propecia 100% does cause hair growth.

I, like many others here, don't like to mess with my organismic hormonal balance ...

For me, not a good trade-off.

Minoxidil is something I use daily - works well enough, without the side effects

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks