• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features
  • December 15, 2020: There are some great new forum features to explore here and here.

ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) Sort Facility Question

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Sobek

Distinguished member
Ever since Covid changed flight patterns, things I had always previously received through ISC NY have been showing up through ISC LA instead. No problems yet (fingers crossed), but I have only been ordering non-Scheduled/non-opiod stuff.

dingleberry

Eminent member
ISC SF is great. If you get a pack going there chances better than not you will get you post and you will get it faster than usual. ISC Los Angeles however is an entirely different beast. At ;east one vendor refuses to reship if your letters are sent to/ you live near enough ISC Los Angeles for your mail to go through there with any regularity. I don't know what it is about ISC LA, but they are really snoopy and petty when it comes to even the smallest of parcels, seems to be a high level of scrutiny at ISC LA and I don't know the reason why there more than anywhere ele in the country. People who live in LA or near, are encouraged to get P.O. boxes on the east coast. When your mail arrives there, they send you an email let you know and then reship it to you. I reccomend USABOX.com for this, they are really good guys over there, not the least bit snoopy or suspicious. I have a box with them, even though I live in Northern California and 90% of my mail lands at SF ISC and moves right along through the same day sometimes....there was a period of time not long back where my lettters kept going to LA ISC for no apparent reason...and ALL of them I got an LL accept for one maybe two letters that got through. They say its a 50/50 chance with LA ISC but I think the odds are way worse than that in my experience. Sorry to break it to you if you have mail there. If it keeps getting sent there with any regularity, do look into getting a PO box with USABOX or one of the providers...its the only way around the dreaded ISC Los Angeles....

Doc Rogue

Distinguished member
Yeah, I’ve never lost a letter that went through SF. I did have a Lords letter go thru LA about 8-9 months ago. They opened it up, I could tell they read the prescription that comes with it from the ‘Dr’ that reviews your order. How I could tell is they folded it up differently instead of the way it was original folded, and sealed it up and sent it through.
yeah I’m a bit worried. It’s not where I would have wanted them to go. But truthfully I’ve had more trouble in the past with Chi than I have at any of the others, including LA. We’ll see what happens...

Doc Rogue

Distinguished member
Pain woke me up and since I couldn’t fall back asleep right away without getting up for some relief, thought I’d check in on my latest 2 letters inbound at LA ISC.
Just a quick update; The letter that scanned in there as the 2nd one to arrive, has made it thru to LA IDC.
So that one should be on its way to me shortly and in my box in the next couple of days if I tracks like the last time I had one come thru there a few months back.
Will report back here if and when the other letter either squeaks thru, or gets jammed up or disappears. Although for me it’s always been Chi’s ISC that I’ll have letters go to die, never to be heard from again.
I don’t think I’ve lost one yet on any WC iSC’s. And I hope not to break that streak with this one there right now either.

jaders

Exalted member
Pain woke me up and since I couldn’t fall back asleep right away without getting up for some relief, thought I’d check in on my latest 2 letters inbound at LA ISC.
Just a quick update; The letter that scanned in there as the 2nd one to arrive, has made it thru to LA IDC.
So that one should be on its way to me shortly and in my box in the next couple of days if I tracks like the last time I had one come thru there a few months back.
Will report back here if and when the other letter either squeaks thru, or gets jammed up or disappears. Although for me it’s always been Chi’s ISC that I’ll have letters go to die, never to be heard from again.
I don’t think I’ve lost one yet on any WC iSC’s. And I hope not to break that streak with this one there right now either.

REALLY glad to hear at least one made it! My experience with them has been - anytime it went over 72 hours, it was a goner, but obviously things are pretty different now. Hope to hear good news on your other one very soon!

Musing

Yes I agree SF is the best. LA is tricky. I have noticed that she shipping speeds have sped up a bit -

pre covid - around 2 weeks
beginning of covid - 1- 2 months
now - 3 ish weeks

Doc Rogue

Distinguished member
Figured I’d follow up with another update on my two letters that landed in LA recently.
The 2nd letter just got thru to LA IDC about 2 hours back. So looks like both made it through luckily. I was starting to worry about letter #2, especially since it was the one that arrived first to ISC.

jaders

Exalted member
Figured I’d follow up with another update on my two letters that landed in LA recently.
The 2nd letter just got thru to LA IDC about 2 hours back. So looks like both made it through luckily. I was starting to worry about letter #2, especially since it was the one that arrived first to ISC.
ISC SF is great. If you get a pack going there chances better than not you will get you post and you will get it faster than usual. ISC Los Angeles however is an entirely different beast. At ;east one vendor refuses to reship if your letters are sent to/ you live near enough ISC Los Angeles for your mail to go through there with any regularity. I don't know what it is about ISC LA, but they are really snoopy and petty when it comes to even the smallest of parcels, seems to be a high level of scrutiny at ISC LA and I don't know the reason why there more than anywhere ele in the country. People who live in LA or near, are encouraged to get P.O. boxes on the east coast. When your mail arrives there, they send you an email let you know and then reship it to you. I reccomend USABOX.com for this, they are really good guys over there, not the least bit snoopy or suspicious. I have a box with them, even though I live in Northern California and 90% of my mail lands at SF ISC and moves right along through the same day sometimes....there was a period of time not long back where my lettters kept going to LA ISC for no apparent reason...and ALL of them I got an LL accept for one maybe two letters that got through. They say its a 50/50 chance with LA ISC but I think the odds are way worse than that in my experience. Sorry to break it to you if you have mail there. If it keeps getting sent there with any regularity, do look into getting a PO box with USABOX or one of the providers...its the only way around the dreaded ISC Los Angeles....

Dayum! So glad to hear. 👏 It does seem like LA is loosening up a bit. A year ago it seemed like NOTHING got thru.

Doc Rogue

Distinguished member
I don’t know, maybe I just get lucky @jaders, but I have yet to lose an order over the last few years of ordering on anything that’s come thru the WC ISC’s (Knocking hard on Wood).
But yea, that would definitely be beneficial for the members here if LA loosens up a bit, traditionally it seems like it’s been one of the worst.
For me personally though? The only one I’ve ever lost subscriptions to is the Midwest hellhole - CHI ISC. I’ve lost probably a half dozen letters thru there, and most of them were from last year. And not one LL on any of them. It’s like they just all disappeared, and no follow up to what happened to them. Really weird.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks