• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Ivermectin

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Japaholic

Eminent member
Has anyone had any experience with this? I have read a lot of reports that it is useful against COVID and lots saying it isn’t. I know it HAS been used in humans for many years and isn’t simply a horse dewormer. What do you all think?

jaders

Exalted member
Has anyone had any experience with this? I have read a lot of reports that it is useful against COVID and lots saying it isn’t. I know it HAS been used in humans for many years and isn’t simply a horse dewormer. What do you all think?

It did show “promise” when first looked at in laboratories, but then human studies were done and it was shown to be either inconclusive or not effective. However the right wing uses this medicine as another “example” of how big government is keeping the “real cures” from the people…😏

Kermit S

Eminent member
I personally know someone who took Ivermintin once they started having COVID symptoms and then was tested and was positive for COVID. But they were still put in the hospital for about 3 days ... but no respirator. Luck? Maybe .... probably. I have no idea. But they are back home/work. I am not for or against it but I think it's propaganda to insinuate it is used just for horses.

NewarkCap

Honorable member

The Noble Prize winning drug Ivermectin has been approved for human use since the mid 90s and is one of World Health Organization's 100 essential drugs. Hundreds of millions of doses have been taken safely by humans

Ivermectin is NOT approved by the FDA for Covvid treatment and they warn against it.

Would I advise someone to take it? Definitely not.
Would I take it? Probably not but I would like to talk to my doctor about it. If he would write me a script I would keep it handy just in case.
Ivermectin might be a great alternative for some the poorer countries that lace access to healthcare and funds for multiple doses.

My issue with some of the off label therapeutics for Covid is that it seems like you have to have the right mixture and correct timing to get effective relief from Covid .

I am vaccinated but I am concerned about how many boosters I have to take. That is why I want to be knowledgeable about Ivermectin and other alternative treatments.

What I like about this forum is how everyone helps each other out. If you have any constructive criticism or info please PM me and/or post your info here.
Good luck and stay healthy :)

Synergistic

Arrogant fact-checker
Unless you have parasitic worms, onchocerciasis, lymphatic filariasis, head lice, or rosacea, or are a horse, you probably shouldn't be taking it. Ivermectin is just another antivax talking point. There's a reason why the overwhelming majority of medical experts advise against using it for covid. Every randomized control trial study has shown that it was either ineffective, or the data had been faked to show otherwise (they contained virtually impossible numbers and rows of identical patients were copied and pasted to different studies), or the studies were withdrawn due to data discrepancies (aka fraud) or authors conveniently not turning in their findings. It's all one big steamy pile of garbage.

jaders

Exalted member
Sadly, ivermectin is used to deworm horses. So... spades a spade.

Actually it IS used for human health as well. It is an anti parasite medicine tho. The reason it got attention is that in an Australian lab it was tested on covid and was very effective in killing the virus. However that was in a petri dish, and since then the human trials haven’t been nearly as promising. There’s a big difference between petri dishes and the human body as a vehicle…😜

The BIGGEST problem is that many folks think the “powers that be” are withholding this “promising” therapy for their own reasons (I guess greed) and so folks resort to obtaining the animal strength which is at least 10 times more potent, and are getting poisoned as a result.

I suppose if you obtain the human version of ivermectin it’s unlikely to harm you. But personally I feel quite certain that if ivermectin was really effective against covid19, they’d be using it all over the place. This idea that the doctors would let us die rather than administer a lifesaving medicine I do find absurd.

The hit the world economy is taking as a result of this pandemic is vast. I just don’t think anyone is withholding a “cure” anymore than I believe anyone is withholding a cure for cancer. But I guess to each their own…🤔

Last edited:

Snag-A-Puss

Distinguished member
Another baseless "cure" like hydroxychloroquine that was studied for COVID like hundreds of other meds/supplements but turned out to do nothing. You're free to try it as it's certainly less harmful to other people than, say, taking antibiotics you don't need or taking hydroxychloroquine that's already in short supply from autoimmune patients, but the data doesn't support it & it can have adverse effects like seizures, severe skin problems or liver damage in some people.

Masking, distancing & getting your shots + booster on time are the three best "layers" of protection against this airborne and highly contagious virus. I also like to keep my nasal passages washed out with xylitol containing nasal spray or even regular salt water. Helps clear the virus out according to my doctor (might interfere with nasal swab tests for COVID though).

But yeah we'll all get COVID at some point: the goal is to avoid getting a high viral load by having a barrier between you and other peoples' nose/mouth + keeping your distance & trying to have a pre-primed, healthy immune system with the vaccine.

jaders

Exalted member
No, there are no valid reports of a horse dewormer being able to cure anyone of covid. Get vaccinated at your local CVS. That's what actually works.
Already double jabbed, looking for alternatives IF I EVER get it.

The treatment that saved both trump and Christie - two guys that fit the profile of getting seriously ill and did spend time in the hospital- is the monoclonal antibody infusion. But I believe it has to take place in a hospital. I know two “regular” people that received this as well and it dramatically helped their symptoms improve. I don’t know why we don’t hear more about it.

Japaholic

Eminent member

I suppose if you obtain the human version of ivermectin it’s unlikely to harm you. But personally I feel quite certain that if ivermectin was really effective against covid19, they’d be using it all over the place. This idea that the doctors would let us die rather than administer a lifesaving medicine I do find absurd.

🤔
Problem is @jaders Ivermectin is out of patent, so no money to be made from it. Whether it works for COVID I dont know, I simply feel it wouldn’t hurt to have some in my cupboard just in case.

White Privilege

Exalted member
Problem is @jaders Ivermectin is out of patent, so no money to be made from it. Whether it works for COVID I dont know, I simply feel it wouldn’t hurt to have some in my cupboard just in case.
Put some baking soda up there too, it will actually do something for you.

jaders

Exalted member

🤔

Well respectfully, while I can understand why you might want it around, I still don’t believe the powers that be would ignore a medicine that would save lives just because it’s “out of patent.” Maybe I’m naive, but I still like to believe that doctors truly do have a desire to heal, and not just make money? 🤔

There are plenty of drugs that doctors still use that are extremely “old” as well. Various antibiotics come to mind, as well as a lot of heart medicines.

Lots of controversy around this illness and pandemic. It’ll sure be nice when this thing is OVER!! 🙏☹️

MMH

Eminent member
@Japaholic there is no valid scientific evidence to support ivermectin as a treatment for Covid. It can also make you sick, just like hydroxychloroquine did to many people. There are new antivirals coming out, existing antivirals being tested, and other treatments on the way that are appropriate for treating a virus such as Covid. As long as you’re vaccinated and boosted, the risk of illness requiring any medication at all is quite low.

phatboy

Honorable member
i bought some... i got sick, i took them n felt better within like 5 days... take that how u will..

White Privilege

Exalted member
i bought some... i got sick, i took them n felt better within like 5 days... take that how u will..
its called coincidence. some people are naturally asymptomatic, or lightly so. you could easily have been someone like that and ivermectin only gave you the shits. that's why anecdotal events are meaningless.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks