Kratom - here we go again

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

teresita

Exalted member
@piano if you need a couple quality online vendors, let me know. The 2 I use are A++++ in quality and price. I don't trust any "store bought " kratom

• Helpful
Reactions: pia

Polina

Honorable member
Just my two cents: I recently tried kratom for the first time to help with migraines/sleep, purchasing a few different strains from a handful of highly reputable online vendors. First time I became extremely nauseous but thought I could circumvent nausea with Dramamine, which I did successfully. Tried a few more times and was able to manage the nausea, seemed to help with sleep and with pain. Second to last time I took it (following day) I developed a band of pain in upper rib area/back area that developed to probably a 7 or 8 on scale of 10. Nothing I took relieved the discomfort, eating intensified it dramatically, and this lasted five days. I also had significant increase in blood pressure from my usual excellent blood pressure. I was actually in bed sick, which is extremely uncommon for me, even with my migraines. Thinking it might have been a virus, I decided to try again and ruled out the virus theory as, once again, the following day, I developed the same pain in ribs. Thankfully, my symptoms didn’t last as long because I was more conservative in dosage. I have read similar accounts online, and it is theorized that some do not hVe the liver enzyme to process kratom. Another theory is that because kratom powder is so fibrous it is very irritating to the digestive systems of some users. Needless to say, I will never subject myself to such misery again.

mrsjones

Lapsed Senior Member
There is a fine line with Kratom when using relatively higher doses between it working and it making you puke your guts out. I tried Kratom a while back to help stave off the WDs. Worked great but initially I took more than my little body could handle and I spent all night hanging over the toilet.

UncleHorace

Kratom saved my life - It got me off opiates and alcohol and restored my ability to be productive at work, loving at home, and kind to myself. I haven't noticed any negative side to using this plant. And the positives are not super psychoactive - you don't get high, you get normal. Any attempt at scheduling this is completely illegitimate, in my opinion.

Fester

Socially Distant
I have some experience with Kratom, it’s saved my life a couple times in the past while withdrawing cold turkey from opiates. Although the Kratom plant does not contain any significant amount of caffeine it does belong to the family of plants known as “Rubiaceae” as does the coffee plant. Small doses of Kratom will have an initial stimulating effect while larger doses tend to be more sedating. There are many varieties, classified by leaf color such as red, white and green, with red usually being best for pain and sleep, and all are slightly euphoric. As for long term use it has been used by Indonesians and the people of the South Pacific for thousands of years, and by me for almost ten years, lol. I have not had the desire or need to take an opiate ever sense I was introduced to Kratom. But of course Big Pharma is trying to ban the importation of Kratom due to its effectiveness, they don’t like competition it seems.

Omega_Human

I'm not fond of what it does to my gut and ability to eliminate toxins. A little bit of constipation, but acne is a downside for my system.
I bought a small bag of it about a year ago just because I was curious. Started with a gram dose, then two, then four - or I thought I did - I got feeling a bit whacky and a few hours later noticed I had only drank half of the tea made from the powder - glad I didn't have the whole thing. Tried 3.5 grams a couple of other times and it didn't work as well as the roughly two gram dose. Doubt I used half the bag, but it's nice to have on hand.
It helps with mood, and can see how it would help with pain or WD's.

Souljam

I use it daily it helped me get off of tramadol after taking it for over 4 yrs. It helps my nerve pain anxiety and mood . Gives me great energy too !!!

Bumblebee25

I use it daily it helped me get off of tramadol after taking it for over 4 yrs. It helps my nerve pain anxiety and mood . Gives me great energy too !!!
Would you mind sharing what type/brand you use and how much to replace tramadol. I miss the energy tram gave me.

UncleHorace

What I think it might be:
Red equals bad or backward,
Purple states have some sort of pending legislation,
Green has no regulation.
Or some assortment of these. Am I close??