Kratom use

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Khali

Are there any other Kratom user here? Our household found Kratom at least 4 years ago now. Very thankful for an all natural pain killer. (There are some of pains from serve damage that is doesn't completely work for, but it does knock off the edge)
Do you prefer powder, capsules? Do you mix drinks, or find a way that makes it work a little better for you. Each of our body alkalinity is different. We keep at least two different strains in our house: the one works best for myself and the other works best for my husband. Do you like the taste?

Pantherfan

Honorable member
Are there any other Kratom user here? Our household found Kratom at least 4 years ago now. Very thankful for an all natural pain killer. (There are some of pains from serve damage that is doesn't completely work for, but it does knock off the edge)
Do you prefer powder, capsules? Do you mix drinks, or find a way that makes it work a little better for you. Each of our body alkalinity is different. We keep at least two different strains in our house: the one works best for myself and the other works best for my husband. Do you like the taste?

I prefer the capsules. I tried taking a small teaspoon once, and it turned into looking like the cinnamon challenge. The powder was just too dry, and I was coughing out a cloud of Kratom. It tasted like dirt mixed with lawn clippings if I were to imagine what they would taste like. I mixed it with peanut butter another time, but just didn't care for it.

teresita

Exalted member
I do the toss and wash. It kicks in faster. But I posted a recipe in another thread that I plan to try since with my new job the toss and wash isn't really convenient.
Here it is again:
Pour an ounce or so in a bowl and drizzle a small amount of honey in it. Mix until it's crumbly. Don't add too much honey. Then roll into balls of your preferred size then roll them in powdered sugar. You can get an idea of the dosage if you say make 56 balls that's 1 gram for 2 balls. Oh and after you roll in powdered sugar, place in a well sealed container and freeze. Once frozen you can put whatever you need on the go into a pill bottle or container. I was told they stay firm for a long time and won't stick together.
I have been using kratom on and off for around 12 years, the taste made me squirm at first but in time I got used to it and now kind of like it.

Khali

I actually really like the powder form, it does take some techniques to not have the cinnamon challenge. The reason I like the power is tasting the quality & different strains have different tastes... much like coffee

Khali

I am going to try your recipe! I also like the taste; a lot of people I recommend it to think I am crazy after they try it. In fact, one guy said tastes like goat poop. LoL
Toss & wash - orange juice is my favorite
I have grown very fond of tasting the different Kratoms I run I to here and there. EVERYONE swears by their supplier, so of course I think mine is great.
12 years, you probably have an idea of who has the best quality:)

teresita

Exalted member
I actually really like the powder form, it does take some techniques to not have the cinnamon challenge. The reason I like the power is tasting the quality & different strains have different tastes... much like coffee

You are absolutely right about tasting the quality. Only people who are experienced in toss and wash would understand. I can taste a better quality from the first toss of the batch.
My issue with t & w with my new job is the "Oreo cookie" effect it has on my teeth or powder sprinkled on my clothes. Capsules don't seem to have the same effect on me and I miss the routine of the t & w.

wintermute

Distinguished member
@Khali, steeping the powder in hot water and drinking it like tea is the method that works best for me. For some reason capsules and toss & wash don't produce the desired effects for me. The tea tastes gross, but I have gotten used to it.

teresita

Exalted member
@wintermute does the tea get sludgy clumps in it. I have made tea from leaves but never with powder. I suppose you could add it to coffee which I am drinking right now so going to try it. I'll let you know

wintermute

Distinguished member
@teresita, yes, it gets sludgy so I have to stir it frequently, even as I drink it. I drink it with a straw to prevent my teeth from getting stained; before I started using a straw, it stained my teeth like a really thick tea would do. It tastes bad, but it's the method that works best for me. When I mixed it in a fruit smoothy, the results weren't even close to what I experienced from the tea.

threepiece

Hey Khali,
I actually just read your post on endometriosis and followed it here :). I have been on antidepressants for 22 years. Recently, I had a partial hysterectomy to take care of my endometriosis. It was everywere!! Anyway, gyn rx'd me tramadol for the endo pain while I waited for surgery and I thought I found the the missing piece of my brain chemistry all these years!! I mean, I took 50 mg sometime in the afternoon, not every day because I would be fired for using it at work, although, I didn't feel altered at all. Just like all my aches and pains were gone and I didn't need a nap everyday!! My sex drive was back, I socialized more, I took pleasure in small things. Anyway, needless to say when the surgery was done, so were the meds. :(. I tried to research why the tramadol would effect me in such a way and how I may be able to continue this feeling. I brought up my feelings to my psychiatrist but of course, since it is now a narcotic after being handed out like candy for so many years, she was not on board. My search for help has led me to this kratom craze, lol. I only received my order Saturday and I wasn't really sure what to order but turns out I like the cheaper, Bali, better than the White Vein Maeng Da I received. I only do one teaspoon, and I do put it right in my mouth and wash it down. The Bali def eases my aches and pains and relaxes my mind but keeps my body active. I only tried the MD yesterday, but I felt uptight and sweaty so I don't like it. I would taste it a million times over if it'll take care of my aches and pains and help me feel a little "happier" with my life. Does the kratom help with your endo pain? What strain do you like best for pain relief?

Last edited:

LiaTown

Hello @Khali, Kratom is amazing and in my opinion, even more so in powder form. It induces a deep relaxation and just a feeling of warm well-being in me, such an incredible feeling. I'm fairly new to it but I'm really glad to have found it, can't wait to try different types to get to know the plant better and get a feel for the product's quality.

YBnorml2

Hi @Khali. I'm a big fan of kratom. Bali is my favorite strain, too @threepiece. I guess I'm not a speedy kiñd of person. It doesn't kill all my pain, but it does help for some things. I'm a T&W with an oj chaser kinda gal. It does taste like grass and dirt, I'm sure I've eaten worse. I sometimes add blue lotus to the mix. It seems to work well with the kratom and makes me a little more energetic, without a twitchy feeling, if that makes sense.

lucyinthesky

Renowned member
I just bought my first bottle of Kratom last week. It was 80$ for 150 caps & he took 25$ off & explained it all to me. I was gone for a few mons because I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and arthritis of the spine and feet. Some girl had brought Kratom up to me for the fibro pain. Thought I'd give it a try and I love it. I think it's helping with pain..it's helping with sleep for sure. I'm on so many different pain meds that's why I don't know. I'd buy another bottle after this one is gone. Plus it helps with xanax withdrawl which the wds from xanax are horrible. I'm sure it'll be illegal before I know it so I better stockpile!

ThePoppaSmurf

Lapsed Senior Member
When I was using Kratom, I ended up capping them myself. I tried taking it down on it's own and nearly gagged had to force it down. Unfortunately, it didn't do a whole lot for me with the pain from my car accident year's ago, as I'd hope it would. However, I did read a thread on another forum (this was a while back though) that they were trying to make it illegal in the states but that it got halted because of some public uproar since it can aid with so many different ailments from various withdraws to Crohns.

teresita

Exalted member
I successfully made my first batch of kratom honey balls. They were supposed to be for my daughter because she can't handle the toss and wash. But I am keeping some for myself because they are actually tasty and just as effective as the toss and wash.
My first attempt was a giant mess. This time maybe not as pretty as some people's but good enough. Can't wait to try it again

Skeletal_Wings

Lapsed Senior Member
I used Kratom to get off of Opiates, and it definitely helped a lot. The only problem is that now I'm dependent on Kratom... Which is better than the alternative, but still not something that I'm too thrilled about. I've been lowering my Kratom dose gradually, so hopefully I'll be able to break free of it soon. It certainly doesn't do anything at all for me by now.

Reigning Blood

Lapsed Senior Member
My friend just told me about this plant, I need to try it. I prefer something natural if it works - sounds like the Red Bali plant is the one recommended. THanks

Nalamom14

Lapsed Senior Member
My friend just told me about this plant, I need to try it. I prefer something natural if it works - sounds like the Red Bali plant is the one recommended. THanks

www.kratomscience.com

Check this link out when you can. Very informative and detailed. I have tried several strains and the only strain that barely worked was the maeng da. Its useful for withdrawals and tapering from pk's which is when I was introduced to it. I taper myself down every 3 months or so to the lowest amount I can handle so I keep my tolerance down. Its expensive if you buy it from a smoke shop and not all smoke shops carry it. If I remember correctly, the price ranges were $10--$50 and its not worth the money if it doesn't do anything for you imo. It did help with the usual uncomfortableness you get when tapering but did nothing for my pain. I have lupus and it affects my joints and muscles so I'm in a lot of pain, sometimes daily, and kratom just isn't strong enough for me. I think buying it online in powder form is the best value.

teresita

Exalted member
The red and green maeng da are my favorites. I mix them half and half. I have been without for several days and I didn't even realize how much kratom is helping until I run out. My arthritis pain in my hands is horrible, feels like my fingers are locking up. Also I am much more tired without kratom but that could be a rebound effect.
There are just way too many strains now so instead of trying all these chic new ones, I stick to my tried and true ones