Kratom use

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

nobknee

I've tried it. It was ok. Found the powder to be pretty gross, tbh!

I've taken it in capsules and in loose powder mixed with coffee (the only way I could stand to choke it down), and I've never noticed any difference in how well or how quickly it worked. Some people swear there's a difference, but I've never experienced any. Capsules make the taste pretty much unnoticeable to me.

My biggest problem with kratom is that the market is unregulated. No one is making sure that, for example, the capsules contain the amount claimed on the bottle. Or that these products have any kratom in them at all. I've found a few brands that provide pain relief reliably enough that I believe there's kratom in those brands, but even then, the quality tends to be uneven (dosage is a problem with herbal medicine in general).

States with legal cannabis have figured this out. At least all the cannabis legal states I'm familiar with regulate the market for purity and accurate labeling. But, alas, the feds would rather ban kratom, because...y'know...that's worked so well with drugs in the past....

john66

Agreed, quality is an issue-it has a distinctive tase-which is gross, but you get used to it. No more codeine

vil44

Capsules are cheap enough. You can buy a machine for 20 dollars or do it by hand. Avoids the taste, teeth staining and doesn't irritate your throat.

UncleHorace

POWDER IN HOT COFFEE!
The cellulose of the ground plant matter breaks down and it almost fully dissolves. Also, there's a nice synergy that exists with kratom and caffeine.

nobknee

POWDER IN HOT COFFEE!
The cellulose of the ground plant matter breaks down and it almost fully dissolves. Also, there's a nice synergy that exists with kratom and caffeine.

If using the loose powder, coffee is definitely the way to go. Fully dissolving....well....I would say that's optimistic. It still tastes awful and it makes the coffee sludgy. The bitterness of the coffee does seem to mask it better than anything else. I used as little coffee as I can get away with and then swallow it down all at once. As soon as I discovered capsules would work just as well, I switched to those, but coffee's probably the best option for those who find the capsules don't work for them.

I have yet to try tincture, which I should think would provide a more consistent dosage (albeit, there's still no regulation, so no saying whether there's any kratom in the product at all). I've heard mixed reviews of the tincture, with some saying it's way too strong and produces unpleasant side effects. Some brands are now adding tincture to their powder for an "extra strength" variation. The cost of those has failed to sway me though.

Azzamean

Honorable member
I just wash and toss, but I did get a capsule machine off Amazon. It is relatively easy (and cheap) to capsule out 100 at a time. You could probably do 1,000 capsules in an hour I would say (give or take) with my machine.

Azzamean

Honorable member
kratom sucks, i was never able to feel it ever
I had to take it a few times to actually feel it... Also had to get from a legit source. Anyway, not preaching Kratom here but it has helped a lot of people. Tastes awful though...

Zara

Honorable member
kratom sucks, i was never able to feel it ever
I had to take it a few times to actually feel it... Also had to get from a legit source. Anyway, not preaching Kratom here but it has helped a lot of people. Tastes awful though...
Harsh on the stomach. Having some stomach issues and I’m taking Prilosec. At a super low dose... ?