• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Lapsed status being reintroduced for Senior Members with less than 1,000 reputation points

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

coconutvamp

I'm just trying to get to my initial 60 posts to get my foot in the door lol I didn't realize it lapsed like that until recently. I'll definitely make sure to visit very often once I get there!

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
It only takes 30 posts. Just make sure they are long enough and contain substance.

@Admin How many characters does a post have to be to count?
counting characters is the road to nowhere. Pick a thread and have fun. be there before you know it :) :)
Edit > useful for troubleshooting as mentioned below

Last edited:

rosemarysbaby

Lapsed Senior Member
I think i've made 30 posts since I lapsed .How can I ask admin how many more posts I need or I'm almost positive I've made at least 30.Matbe it takes awhile for them to update?Or should I PM admin?

bem

Distinguished member
@rosemarysbaby go to your profile, click on your username again if doesn't bring up your full profile. Now click on postings, and it will show your posts from newest to oldest and the date posted.

I checked this for another person too... And found out anyone can go to a profile on here and click posting. And can see the same thing.

I didn't count them but quick look and I saw 2 posts right away that are to short to count. It has to be a certain number of characters to count. It's on here somewhere but don't see it.

I think I remember it being 100 characters... I believe spaces count, but not sure.

Contact Admin or moderators and ask to be sure. They may be able to tell you how many count for your 30.

@ mods without the space will send a notification to all mods.

Do you know your post count before you started posting again? If so, look at your current post count.

illbananas

Honorable member
I was unaware Senior Member status lapsed and have mixed feelings about the feature. There are certain portions of my life I have been really engaged on PR and others where life circumstance have pulled me away from the forum. I feel Senior Member status is earned and I have mixed feelings about it being pulled away. I am not challenging the decision and can understand why Senior Member status lapses, but logging in once every 90 days just to make a single post does not necessarily ensure Senior Members are staying engaged. Some may simply set a calendar reminder. However, I respect the rules and again can see why the rule was implemented.

I can see my reputation points, but don't understand how the score is calculated. Is a combination of the number of posts you make plus the amount of posts that are rated helpful/liked? Since joining the site, I've always contributed and asked question, without putting much thought into reputation points or how they're calculated. If somebody could point me to a form that explains this, it would be greatly appreciated!

jc776

Eminent member
I like this forum, however, I do not get email notifications when I receive new posts - I have spoken to admin over pm yet the feature stops working still, I will repost.

Bearhug

Exalted member
I was unaware Senior Member status lapsed and have mixed feelings about the feature. There are certain portions of my life I have been really engaged on PR and others where life circumstance have pulled me away from the forum. I feel Senior Member status is earned and I have mixed feelings about it being pulled away. I am not challenging the decision and can understand why Senior Member status lapses, but logging in once every 90 days just to make a single post does not necessarily ensure Senior Members are staying engaged. Some may simply set a calendar reminder. However, I respect the rules and again can see why the rule was implemented.

I can see my reputation points, but don't understand how the score is calculated. Is a combination of the number of posts you make plus the amount of posts that are rated helpful/liked? Since joining the site, I've always contributed and asked question, without putting much thought into reputation points or how they're calculated. If somebody could point me to a form that explains this, it would be greatly appreciated!
@illbananas - the link below should answer your questions. Hope this helps! :)

Explaining reputation scores (Click on link)

BlueBell

That Snail Is Fast
I like this forum, however, I do not get email notifications when I receive new posts - I have spoken to admin over pm yet the feature stops working still, I will repost.
Maybe it is because you do not have your settings correct. To notify you? Hmmm I am sure that is worth a check but also You surely have it set right.

illbananas

Honorable member

This was very helpful. I had looked for this information and found a link that was expired when I tried to view it.

One last question, I used to remember there was a button that said helpful. I've been notified when others click helpful on my posts, but the only thing I see I am able to do is click 'Like'. I tried to rate your post helpful, but could just give it a thumbs up. I am sorry if I am missing it and it is obvious, but how do I rate a post helpful? Is clicking thumbs up the same as rating it helpful?

illbananas

Honorable member
I was not getting notification either. I just figured it out and maybe you've already tried this, but worth the attempt. In the top right click where it says 'jc776' then click Account Details. In there is a check box to be notified when you receive a new post. Hope that helps!

Bearhug

Exalted member

This was very helpful. I had looked for this information and found a link that was expired when I tried to view it.

One last question, I used to remember there was a button that said helpful. I've been notified when others click helpful on my posts, but the only thing I see I am able to do is click 'Like'. I tried to rate your post helpful, but could just give it a thumbs up. I am sorry if I am missing it and it is obvious, but how do I rate a post helpful? Is clicking thumbs up the same as rating it helpful?
@illbananas - I'm glad I could help. As far as the responses.... I know with a laptop, you just hover your mouse over the thumbs up symbol and then you can choose your reaction. If you are using a phone, I think if you "long press" or hold your thumb over the like button, the same menu should show up. Maybe another member can explain it better. good luck! :)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks