• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Lonely

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
@Seychelle "Across the ditch" is the other side of the Tasman Sea, which from here is Australia - or vice versa.

And as has already been explained - please pay attention, young man - unless one is talking about gardening, "rooting" is "fucking" in Britain, here and that big country across the ditch.

I would never use rooting in that context though because it's very vulgar in my opinion. 😇😇

As for that hussy @Skeptical asking her husband to root her - I have got the giggles again about that! That is hilarious! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's raining and cold here this morning. I was late getting up and now I will be late getting poor Mum up and my anxiety is going crazy.
Well "root" me gently then pls 🍆;):)

pinkflower

Eminent member
:ROFLMAO: Shouldn't it be the other way around @Seychelle? :D

I was just thinking about this thread earlier this evening and wondering how you are, Luke?

I hope things are improving for you. :heart:

Please let us know how you are doing - only if you feel like it of course. :)

I'm off to bed now for some much-needed sleep and blissful respite from my anxiety. I just wish the sleep wasn't drug-induced. :rolleyes:

Hugs,
V xx

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
:ROFLMAO: Shouldn't it be the other way around @Seychelle? :D

I was just thinking about this thread earlier this evening and wondering how you are, Luke?

I hope things are improving for you. :heart:

Please let us know how you are doing - only if you feel like it of course. :)

I'm off to bed now for some much-needed sleep and blissful respite from my anxiety. I just wish the sleep wasn't drug-induced. :rolleyes:

Hugs,
V xx
Ha ha, not sure who luke is; eggplant was for the bbq dinner after, silly gal :)

marymary

Lapsed Senior Member
It's validating to say it out loud and have other people acknowledge your feelings. We all have our moments, don't we? Here's hoping the the OP and everyone else who has put their two cents worth in have a better day soon. My youngest is graduating with a Masters this afternoon. I have to attend online as they severely limited the number of people who could attend. Filled with pride and it's making today a good day.

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
Ha ha, not sure who luke is; eggplant was for the bbq dinner after, silly gal :)

Oh yeah sure! :p

Luke is "Smithy", the OP of this thread. I haven't "outed" him. He writes his name on here at times. I hope he's doing ok.
Seems I outed myself; didn't know I was In. Straight here.. not that there's anything wrong with that:):)

Smithy1

Distinguished member
@pinkflower Hey pink not doing to bad at the minute better than the last few weeks but I’m still down I’ve been staying at my friends house because I Just can’t physically stay in my house on my own I just can’t To many thoughts but Thankyou for been concerned and caring , not just you but all off use ,Luke.

ram-man

Lapsed Senior Member
My babes as well. Lost my cat Blue who I loved like I’ve never loved anything like I loved him and a year later was ready to adopt and got these two from our local SPCA. They are my babes and also help me through difficult times. I’m so sorry about your kitty, believe me I know the grief.
arghhh my files are too large :(
Oreo here has been a life changer for me. Caring for him has saved my life.

Attachments

Smithy1

Distinguished member
Been prescribed 5 X zopiclones on the night to help me sleep in the mean time Off my mental health team , let’s see if they work , Luke.

Bluebell

That Snail Is Fast
Hmmm this forum used to be so much more active, friendly feeling, maybe you will say , oh it is you! , but I think it is more than that, what is the difference now days?
I guess lonely is the right spot for this post.
because lonely is what it is now days with the forum, why is it like that ?
oh ...well I am asking this to myself not anyone really, so anyway, I hope all has a nice day!

marymary

Lapsed Senior Member
@Smithy1 I looked up zopiclones and apparently it has been banned in the US. Always on the lookout for something that isn't a benzo, even though I don't believe temazepam is physically addictive, it would be nice to have something beside benadryl as a backup.

pinkflower

Eminent member
@TSIF Nooo one 7.5 mg a night silly along with my olazapine 20mg.

I'm so pleased you cleared that up @Smithy1! I read it as 5 a night also and was horrified! lol

I hope you are doing ok. :heart:

@marymary It's funny how different countries have different laws about these drugs. Zopiclone is one of the most widely-prescribed drugs where I live (NZ). I used to be prescribed it but I don't find it helps me sleep unfortunately. But then neither does Temazepam. I used to be prescribed Clonazepam and it worked for a while for anxiety and insomnia, but then wasn't very effective, especially for insomnia, plus it made me really tired, so I asked to be prescribed Temazepam, expecting it to really help me sleep, but it did nothing at all for me. I kept taking more and more until I was taking some ridiculously high dose, lol, and it just did nothing. I only really wanted it for insomnia and I was so disappointed that it did nothing for me. I didn't have a high tolerance for benzos then either. Not like now. Oh how I wish I had never started down this road.

Synecdoche

Exalted member
@Smithy1 I looked up zopiclones and apparently it has been banned in the US. Always on the lookout for something that isn't a benzo, even though I don't believe temazepam is physically addictive, it would be nice to have something beside benadryl as a backup.
@marymary
Hi there, Zopiclone is not banned in the US, but it is a Schedule 4 item. There was a Canadian sleep aid, that I think was OTC, that had Zop in it, supposedly accidentally. The USFDA gave warnings on it, about 2 years ago.

@Smithy1
Hi Luke, I don’t know you, but I read the thread, and I hope you are feeling better. I am new here, but if you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to PM. It looks like you have plenty of people that care about you here, so hang in there, it always gets better.

pippi222

Honorable member
The major problem is, when you're in such deep trouble, trying to organise some sort of help for yourself is simply a mountain too hard to climb. In utter desperation I've twice presented myself at A&E. I sat for an hour or so trying to keep it together. I was then called in to see a nurse who asked some fairly routine questions. She then told me to go back to the waiting area. After another two hours sitting there I realised there was no help coming anytime soon, so I just left.
I spoke to my sister over the weekend and she is yet another person who simply has no idea what mental illness involves. According to people like her and many others, it still is a matter of 'getting over it'. I find their responses very bullying and intimating. 'Come on, talk to me!!!'
How can you try to explain what is going on with you when faced with such misunderstanding and hostility?

It's why I buy drugs on PR sites. I'm desperate to find something that will help me.

god trish, how I have been there. So many times.

@Smithy1 @pinkflower @yellnhollar and everyone else who has contributed to this thread, I understand and I care about what you are going through.

Mental illness is a subject that is not discussed enough in an educated way in our society. I‘ve mentioned several times here on the forum that I have been bipolar my entire life, and it has been very difficult. I’ve spent very long years in the darkest of places, and have tried to kill myself a few times. Thankfully I’m not very good at it ;)

I also know what it’s like to not be understood by family members who don’t seem to care enough to educate themselves. The stigma around mental illness is pretty much impossible to avoid, and that leaves us feeling alone and helpless and hopeless.

I’m one of those people who are not helped by antidepressants. I read at some point that it’s not that uncommon...I think I remember somewhere around 20% of people aren’t helped by them but don’t quote me on that.

There are other treatments out there. Ketamine is showing a lot of promise (illegal most places, but not everywhere), psilocybin as @jaders suggested, or other legal treatments like ECT (which I have had, saved my life) and RTMS:

trish5959

Distinguished member
The major problem is, when you're in such deep trouble, trying to organise some sort of help for yourself is simply a mountain too hard to climb. In utter desperation I've twice presented myself at A&E. I sat for an hour or so trying to keep it together. I was then called in to see a nurse who asked some fairly routine questions. She then told me to go back to the waiting area. After another two hours sitting there I realised there was no help coming anytime soon, so I just left.
I spoke to my sister over the weekend and she is yet another person who simply has no idea what mental illness involves. According to people like her and many others, it still is a matter of 'getting over it'. I find their responses very bullying and intimating. 'Come on, talk to me!!!'
How can you try to explain what is going on with you when faced with such misunderstanding and hostility?

It's why I buy drugs on PR sites. I'm desperate to find something that will help me.

god trish, how I have been there. So many times.

@Smithy1 @pinkflower @yellnhollar and everyone else who has contributed to this thread, I understand and I care about what you are going through.

Mental illness is a subject that is not discussed enough in an educated way in our society. I‘ve mentioned several times here on the forum that I have been bipolar my entire life, and it has been very difficult. I’ve spent very long years in the darkest of places, and have tried to kill myself a few times. Thankfully I’m not very good at it ;)

I also know what it’s like to not be understood by family members who don’t seem to care enough to educate themselves. The stigma around mental illness is pretty much impossible to avoid, and that leaves us feeling alone and helpless and hopeless.

I’m one of those people who are not helped by antidepressants. I read at some point that it’s not that uncommon...I think I remember somewhere around 20% of people aren’t helped by them but don’t quote me on that.

There are other treatments out there. Ketamine is showing a lot of promise (illegal most places, but not everywhere), psilocybin as @jaders suggested, or other legal treatments like ECT (which I have had, saved my life) and RTMS:

Hi pippi and so good to hear from you. One of the reasons I so appreciate PR is being able to talk to people who know what it's like to go through this stuff and how hard it is. God knows, most of us aren't here for the fun of it. We've got way better things to do with our money and time but this seems to be our only option. We're forced into taking a stab in the dark, trying to find a way of getting through, simply because we've run up against a brick wall trying to get help any other way.
I loath doctors now, and the whole medical system. After caring for my mother for so many years and realising what they did and would have done further to her if I hadn't been there, I simply don't trust them.
(Rant over:)
All the best pippi and thanks to everyone here who makes our lives so much better.

Bluebell

That Snail Is Fast
hello....anyone out there?

Lonely lonely lonely.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................well ok then what do I say if it is just solitudude and lonely feelings..........

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks