• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Long Covid

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Benzokid

Hey All,
I had covid in Feb and tested positive again on Sunday. I’m in UK and work with clinically vulnerable people so I have to test twice a week.
The issue is since having covid in Feb I have noticed that I seem to be experiencing the following symptoms:

Fatigue- so severe I could easily sleep all day.
Weight loss/ literally no appetite and forcing myself to eat.,
Brain fog- whilst working or holding a conversation I suddenly lose track of what is being said or struggle to find the word I want to use.
Increased pain- I have always had lower back and knee pain but it has worsened and I can now feel it constantly.

Has anyone experienced these symptoms.

Just a wee footnote guys- I don’t want this thread to turn into a covid debate. Thanks

Soundsoul

Like you said, don't want a debate but from what I know and read covid does leave some long lasting effect even after you recover from it. Breathing issues, fatigue and aggravated health concerns which prior to covid were negligible. One needs to work on getting immunity stronger together avoid these long term effects.

eva

Sounds like long covid, I keep hearing of brain fog as a one of the symptoms people with covid deal with., fatigue/difficulty breathing is another one.

Chancer

Exalted member
@Benzokid A good source for information is sites discussing the government's response to entitlements for people who are classed as having 'long covid' (including the official government.uk). They have flip flopped on how they are going to proceed in dealing with it as an 'ailment'.

Keep an open mind and research both sides of the conversation, its the best way to be well informed rather than staying in an echo chamber.

eva

@cajunbulldog my coworker was just telling me about how her her symptoms changed . This is her 2nd time getting Covid. Last time she didn't get the dizziness but she got it the 2nd time around. She said the symptoms were less severe and lasted less days than the first time.
Isn't it crazy how this virus can present different symptoms?!

edouard

@Benzokid sorry to hear that you're dealing with long covid too. I had covid in November & am still dealing with brain fog. Additionally I began to shed a lot of hair around February to April. Seems like my brain fog is gradually going away & my hair stopped falling out. This covid bug is just nasty.
Lots of folks are mentioning the brainfog issue.
I'll dip my oar in with a recommend I make for other things too: Rhodiola Rosea. It's a root (or extract of the root) from Russia or North China (these days) that does a lot for mental clarity along with many other so-called "adaptogens".

But, incidentally, I ran across an article about a newer Chinese herbal formulation for Covid 19 (I'll try to remember where) where Rhodiola was one of the key ingredients. Those formulations are based on synergies of all the herbs in the formula (an 'entourage effect'), but the Rhodiola in it struck me.
I use it regularly myself with good results: With a cup of java in the morning, it's like you get the proverbial "mind like a steel trap"!

theshahofiran

dis-Honorable Meme-ber
Cant believe no one else but me stopping by to say those symptoms sound great compared to my normal? Seriously that list sounds like most of my friends here pre-covid :devilish:

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks